• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 May and June 2024 are YE 46.4 in the RP.

Approved Character Methrun

Methrun

Inactive Member
Name: Methrun Jule

General Information

Species: Thaxarian

Family / Creators: Unknown

Employer: Yamatai Star Empire
Current Assignment:

Physical Characteristics

Height: 7'0
Weight: 80 kg
Measurements:
Bra Size:

Build and Skin Colour: An average Thaxarian build. He looks quite sleek but he is still very strong. Light gray skin.
Facial Features and Eye Colour: Black when his mood is normal. Become red if he feels angered or excited. Methrun looks young but no one really knows how old Methrun is.(see my avatar)
Hair Colour and Style: Shade of gray with free style hair.(see my avatar)

Distinguishing Features: A scar on his right arm that represents his name in ancient language rune but he couldn't read it. His emotionless face.

Psychological Characteristics

Personality:
Calm,serious and calculated, these three words alone can fully describe Methrun personality. He always seen with a face of calmness and a face that take everything as serious, even jokes if you didn't tell him it is one. He almost never seen to be panic by other and provoke is pointless on him. Methrun follow order given to him to the letter. For example,if you told him to lock him inside his own room and don't open his door to anyone,he will do so and will not open his door to anyone include the one that give him this order. He will not question orders from his superior but will normally ignored orders from those that he felt have no control over him. The reason he is so cold to everyone is because that he think that building a friendship is just a waste of time and will give himself a weakness. But he is no robot,deep inside him, he is searching for someone who he feel worthy to show his true self and will protect that someone at all cost. He just don't want to involve innocent people in his quest.

Dislikes: Doing something that is completely unnecessary and someone that who involve unrelated people into their problem.
Goals: To gain enough power whether in physically or mentally to allow him to whatever he want.

History

The first memory Methrun have is he awake in a bed of a house of a certain Elf. The Elf that take care of him tell him that he maybe loss his memory as he don't look like a baby or a Nikos. The Elf give him name as well, 'Methrun Jule', a name that didn't hold particular meaning. To repay them,Methrun live with that Elf while helping them in various ways he can think of. Then before long,the Elf's start to fight for their independence,Methrun join their fight because the Elf that take care of is also joining in that fight. All go well until that fateful day,the day that let Methrun knows how powerless he is. After that day,Methrun try his hard to improve himself and find that join army is the quickest way. Thus he join Yamatai Empire, which he considered a is the best choice. He get into their Military Training and before long, he graduated. For now he is still on his journey to gain power.

Skills

Communication: Methrun is familiar with basic radio operation and procedures and can make transmissions to and receive transmissions from other characters through headsets, starship, power armor, and shuttles in both combat and non-combat conditions. Methrun also fluent in using English and some Japanese. He learn English and Japanese while his days with Elf's and learn of using radio in military training school.

Fighting: Methrun received hand-to-hand combat training in military school, followed up with a rigorous training program. He is skilled and experienced in combat both in Yamatai-like conditions and in zero-gravity, with and without weapons. Weapons she is trained in include energy pistols, knives, and power armor. He favoring usage of sword and saber but can use guns as well but not that accurate

Technology Operation: Methrun is capable of operating any computer system that uses the Kessaku OS, found on all Star Army starships. Sometime he even customized it. Very good at infomation searching. He learn all these as a part of military training.

Mathematics: Methrun know the basic mathematics knowledge, to including up to algebra and trigonometry. Learned it eventually during his days with Elfs.

Engineering: Methrun have a great interest in subject about weapons and spent most of his time learning about them. Before he realize it,he can design and build his own Power Armor and occasionally customized them along with his infantry weapons.

Survival and Military: As a part of his military training,Methrun learned of living all by himself under situation with lack supply such as food and water. If needed,Methrun can create a tool such as knives out of anything he can find. Know what is edible or not and can predict(although not that accurate) the taste of food.

Physical: Methrun continuously train his body during his free time when he is out of battles. Further backed up by Thaxarian blood,Methrun have a strong body that is capable to accomplish any needed task without getting tired too quickly. He also have a very fast reaction time.

OOC Notes

Finally I finish make this character,hopefully it will get approved

If I may, I'm not sure the story of a superhero turned mundane soldier will hold much appeal for either you or the other SARP members. If you want to make your character special, you may want to start small and have him develop from there - the best characters are those whom become special through their roleplayed history, not some historical blurb you wrote but can't really back up when in play.

I, The The creator of Thaxarians shall Help!

You can put an Age however you may have it so that he does not know how old he is. Thus he wouldn't know how old he was thus it would in a way be unknown but perhaps later on in an RP he could possibly get over the Temp amnesia. The history is a bit odd. Such as since most of it was destroyed. I have no problem with 'Past Bearer' thing as long as your character is part of a seperate tribe. I really hope this doesn't hinder your character creation. Also if you need to get of thaxaria you could have been capptured during slaver wars and carried off to another planet and then gained a ship and began his jouney.

Kotori said:
If you want to make your character special, you may want to start small and have him develop from there - the best characters are those whom become special through their roleplayed history, not some historical blurb you wrote but can't really back up when in play.

Have we converted another, or did you always think like this? :p

Fred put it well: if you don't have much prior RP experience (not saying you don't, I don't actually know, just making a point), playing a "superhero" as he put it would be a bad idea because your RP abilities or knowledge might not really match that of your character. However, I think that you can work with the history if it's just a little less extravagant. The amnesia deal can work. Also, even if your character doesn't know his age, it's necessary to put it on the sheet anyway.

Besides those two issues, the character looks good. Nice job, and welcome to Star Army.

I don't see it as a major problem personally. If he was a super-hero to begin with then, I agree, it would be a bad idea. However the amnesia in this case can be quite interesting, as he remembers being such a more significant person ... I like the touch. However I do believe it is important that his power does not actually get restored in the foreseeable future.

And Thad, it's simply that the Thadian Doctrine dominates all.

Jadg Wolf said:
Have we converted another, or did you always think like this? :p

I learned it the hard way myself - took me 12 years to get it right though. Most of the emphasis about that was when I played D&D and that we had 'Mishalla Talurien' the elven princess fighter/mage with access to powerful death spells because she was descended from Unseelie Faeries; and 'Frank Nester' the peasant who'se father had once been a castle guard.

Fast forward 16 levels later and you can see Frank survive situations and become special. He was just a peasant and became a hero. Whereas Mishalla's reasons for being special were emphasized, but nothing else.

You can't become special if you start that way. It became painfully obvious to me when I started liking Frank more than Mishalla and that I actually was the one playing the elf fighter/mage.

Sorry for the anecdote, but the point is: humble beginnings are the best and the most rewarding.

Heh... Good ole D&D. Never actually played first Edition but have played Second or Third edition (NWN).

There are levels of how 'special' you character can be. titles and past accomplishments can make you a hero...but only to the people who witnessed them. So hero in one place, Some strange person in another. Ack...rambling again

For now,my character is really that special.

The current Methrun is no stronger than an average Yamataian. The doctor say that his strength and memory will recover over time but that's what they think.

The current 'him' are nothing more than avarage 'human',so he not really that special. And depend on my own roleplay skill,I will have him gain back some memory and become more powerful or just build he like was reborn into new person.

I believe Thad / Jadg Wolf and Fred / Kotori offered good advice. A little less "special-ness" goes a long way. You can thank us later. ^_^;;

I change a lot of things on my character Biograph. Maybe most of us feel that my character a bit too special,but I never intend to play him as big hero. His past is nothing but to give some more flexibility to this character.

You're making an effort to improve the bio. We appreciate it. :)

However, I don't believe the elves have been granted independence. Perhaps you're thinking about the Elysians?

Also, "magic" has been phased out of the RP. (It's not longer being used.)

Methrun,

The Bio has improved slightly since I viewed it initially. A few things that I would like to point out: (Some of which are expanded on suggestions simular to that given by others)

1. One of the reasons why creating a character with such an ‘important' history is that rather than the character being built-up within roleplay is that there is a ‘pre-existing' history where the character, power, above average knowledge, memory etc, which can be incompatible with the other players in the roleplay, not to mention difficult for the GM to deal with.

You have stated a few times that you see him as no different as the other soldiers. Unfortunately the fact that this sealed memory of past will obviously by your own suggestion will be remembered over time. It is very difficult to accommodate for unroleplayed history—especially one where combat experience, power, or importance are present. I would rather see the history be simple, fresh and a clean slate. Let the roleplay define your character, that way it is compatible with the other players, GM, and the overall history of Star Army.

Overall Suggestions
-Reduce the age of the character
-Simplify the history and let it be defined by roleplay

2. Just a suggestion but you may want to expand a bit on the skills section. Maybe include a little bit about how each skill was picked up—i.e. Training, Academy etc.

I won't be scared away that easily and people in this site seem to be friendly. Anyway,are there anymore problem that I need to fix before this character can be approved?

New Players' Guide said:
Once you character is approved, you will likely want to attempt to get her into a story plot. You character should request for orders on the Star Army Communications Network. Once she receives orders, the adventure is soon to begin. Before you start, you may also want to acquire an image to use for your character (this can be useful for giving the other players and the game master a mental picture of her) and figure out what your character owns. KS is the main monetary unit in the role-play. To be fair to all players, each of their characters initially starts with three-thousand KS on her electronic money card, minus the cost of items the character starts with. Military characters are also usually loaned a predetermined bundle of standard-issue equipment such as uniforms for no cost, found listed with the uniform information. If you want more than three-thousand KS of items to start with, your character can go up to seven-thousand KS in debt, although this is not recommended. You might also save money by buying used items, which usually are around seventy percent the original cost of the item (I pity you if you buy used soap, though). To make things easy, for things that aren't found on the price lists, one KS is about equal to one US dollar.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back