• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 July 2024 is YE 46.5 in the RP.

Mine

Seems simple enough. Just one question, why the stand legs? wouldn't that make the mine highly visible and easy to target/neutralize?

It's basically a claymorewith a slightly smaller area of effect, the legs are there to stop the ground getting in the way and to make sure it stands up straight, giving it a clear arc where thingz iz gonna die.

Nothing wrong with the stats compared to the real weapon, would like to see more detail about the shrapnel inside the mine itself, though. Using ball bearings? Barbs? Some other crazy thing I don't know yet? You might want to mention the dimensions of the device for the rest of us while you're at it.

Also needs moar Toward Enemy plz. :p

Added dimensions,

Shrapnel is from fragmentation of the durandium casing.

The legs can be pushed into the ground so the mine stays upright, or unfolded so the mine can be 'set' on a hard surface like concrete or a ship's floor. The length of wire that comes with could also be used to tie it up against a wall using the handle like parts on the side.

Naturally you aren't just going to put it out in the middle of open ground unless you want them to see you have landmines out, so being visible isn't a real big concern.

The front is also labeled in yellow, I didn't want to copy the flavor text from the real claymore mine directly.

Jimmy said:
Uso said:
The front is also labeled in yellow, I didn't want to copy the flavor text from the real claymore mine directly.

Roll for Detect Sarcasm.
you roll a 20! Lols

kai said:
Seems simple enough. Just one question, why the stand legs? wouldn't that make the mine highly visible and easy to target/neutralize?
I honestly have to agree with Kai on this the legs are a little odd unless like it use them to crawl towards its target. Also I think you should add a camouflaged colored option

As previously stated on the subject of stand legs, they are pretty standard. Urban combat setting, you can set up a mine in a building by a door. Being concealed does not mean being buried under ground.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back