• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 July 2024 is YE 46.5 in the RP.

Mini-Rill Drone

Sonic Wielders? Artwork? Power source? Does it have a computer? How does one communicate to the device what is to be repaired? How long does it run for? Why does it come in a variety of sizes?

This article barely has enough detail to understand what the submission is.

Just normal welders then and size fixed. Added a power source and working on AI description. I'm no artist.

If you can't use DOGA (it is really simple, anyone can use it) then there is an art request thread. There is no reason for a submission not to have art.

I don't have it installed, and my artistic talent is pretty terrible. Also, I really don't like DOGA. It's kind of cool for ships and such, but it doesn't follow SARP's anime-ish feel.

I still don't understand why all submissions need art. It is aesthetically pleasing, yes, but there are so few artists out there that are willing to make something for free. It just seems like more of a hassle then it is worth.

Having art shows that you put forth at least a minimum effort in your submission. Raising the bar for entry helps weed out bad articles from the wiki and promotes higher site quality overall. Again, DOGA is so simple that anyone can use to at least make basic art and there is a request thread for art in this forum.

This is barely more than a paragraph right now and doesn't even contain information on how a player would use the device. It lacks the topic sentence under the header and artwork, both of which are required under the submission guidelines. You also have broken links now (thought you didn't before).

The Type 30 flashlight is a good example of what a small tech article should be. You need to include art, how you use the device, its power capacity, and a little bit about why it was made. You don't need to make a long article to have a good article but you do have to put forth effort.

I'll see if someone can do the art, but no promises. I fixed the broken link and formatted it so the topic sentence was closer to the header.

You should be removing the physical description header altogether so that the descriptive paragraph goes under the page header. The descriptive sentence also should include the year of creation [[:ye_32]] and who created it.

You should also put forth some effort to either get art or make something yourself. It doesn't have to be good but no art means no approval.

So... had a minute at library since it was really late at night and stuff... so I attempted a picture for this work...

Will this do?

If there are no objections, this thread will auto-approve on Monday.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back