Star Army

Star ArmyⓇ is a landmark of forum roleplaying. Opened in 2002, Star Army is like an internet clubhouse for people who love roleplaying, art, and worldbuilding. Anyone 18 or older may join for free. New members are welcome! Use the "Register" button below.

Note: This is a play-by-post RPG site. If you're looking for the tabletop miniatures wargame "5150: Star Army" instead, see Two Hour Wargames.

• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 July 2024 is YE 46.5 in the RP.

Minor changes?

Kai

Retired Staff
Inactive Member
I'd like to make a minor change to one of the ammunition types that origin uses. It's currently a 7.62mm round, and I want to change that to 8mm, so that I'm not knocking off a modern caliber.

My question is, if all I'm changing is that number, Do I have to get the round approved, or can I just make the change and not worry about it, since it won't affect how the guns it's used with work?

Thanks.
-Kai

So long as it's a cosmetic change, it's usually allowed automatically. Stuff that doesn't change (or really affect) the way stuff works is pretty easy that way.

At most if you wanted to keep it legal, you could make the change, post in NTSE that the only thing you did was change the size.

But I presume that in addition to changing the ammunition, you are changing the weapon that uses it. After all a weapon designed for a 7.62mm is not going to accept a 8.00mm

I think you should just make a new version chambered in 8mm instead of altering the old one.

I actually think that what Kai had in mind was small retcon. Just that all rifles firing boring earthy 7.62 would now shoot cool spacey 8mm and it would be as if they always did. What did you mean Kai?

I Intend to change all the articles that use the round to the new caliber, like ShotJon said, as a retcon. I have no intentions of making it any stronger or anything, just changing the caliber. I don't want to make a 'new version', rather do a revision. currently only one weapon uses the round, and the only other thing on the wiki that has it is unapproved, so it's not like I'm going to be making a large change.

Is this the article you want to change?

Yes. the only thing that's changing is the caliber, and nothing else, simply to get it away from being a modern caliber, which has been bugging me for a while.

If it was a conventional round I'd say no, but since this is already a non-standard round I'll approve it.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back