• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 April 2024 is YE 46.3 in the RP.

Mishhu shenannigans on Shurista

HarperMadi

🎨 Media Gallery
So I'm drumming up some excuse to explore and expand Shurista as part of Yamatai's setting, and recently released a news story on the Civil Service responding to a Crab Mishhu. I'm thinking that situation just got started, and I'm looking for ideas on how it can intensify. Unfortunately, not many players on Shurista and Capricorn (literally just NPCs rn). So what kind of plot hooks would you folks like to see?

• I'd like to see the sophisticated side of the Mishhu to be shown. Some kind of complex takeover plan for Capricorn before it is completed and fully operational. While it is very easy to place something like a crab Mishhu somewhere, showing them what they are is much more effective. Remember they are just as intelligent as their NH counterparts.

Shuristan culture responds to fear with extreme aggression, similar to their immune system, and they generally have less than no chill. I think the Mishhu knew this and are setting up shop in the moorings and foundations of Capricorn, hoping to not be noticed. I expect Shuristan civilians to start to go missing fairly shortly. So we might see a slight uptick in missing persons reports in the area, along with a slight decline in local agriculture. Nothing unusual or alarming. Squids be too smart for that.

As they adapt and spread, we may also see short term disappearances of Yamataians, and an employment of similar tactics to the Tyranid genestealer cults.

Also makes sense if the crab was a diversion, buying time for the initial setup by taking a major agricultural center with it, which pulls resources away from the actual problem. The loss of the Tskugani Dome was effective in creating a distinct division between the Civil Service and the Star Army, making communication and cooperation more difficult. This can obscure the severity of the threat.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back