• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at stararmy@gmail.com or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy

RP: YSS Eucharis [Mission 14.1] Nataria Reclaimed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Power Armor Bay

Takeyu jumped into his armor and began to run a systems check. "Heisho, I've got some modules being fabricated as we speak, they should be done shortly. Once I'm done with the systems check I'll head off to the bay and pick them up and bring them here."

As his systems came online, reactor, HUD, life support and shields, everything came into the green. "Perfect," he smiled as the armor closed up around him, he flexed his hand for a moment then looked up, waiting for the rest of the diagnostics to be completed.

"What kind of modules?" Ramiro responded through the comm. "Right now I've equipped myself entirely with shields and close-ranged weapons so I can act as our frontal tank and be able to take quite a bit of damage. Whether or not I return to grab those modules will quite depend on if they fit with my desired combination."

Power Armor Bay

While Takeyu waited for his armors diagnostics to fully complete, he brought up the list of module he had contructed. "Not many actually, given I don't know how much time we have, if this batch is done soon and the Shosho or Taii aren't here then I'll start up a new batch depending on what is needed."

"Right now, I'm having a squad leader pack, along with three shoulder capacitors along with two leg capacitors and two NSB Leg launchers being constructed."

Code:
To: Away Team

Team, things on the Hoshi are going to take a bit more time than I expected. Valencia-Heisho, take charge of the away team, load up in the Telemachus IV. Speed is critical, we need to get the data from the Nekovalkyrja production facility before they blow it up.

Code:
TO: Jalen-Taii

Understood Taii, I will have everything under control.

Power Armor Bay

With the new news Ramiro had decided to return to the bay and wait for the others to be ready. Upon arrival he called out, "Alright everyone, you heard the Taii. Since we're not waiting for them out timetable just got upgraded. I want everyone ready and in the shuttle bay in ten minutes!" After that he just stood and waited for the others, figuring he should be the last one out.

Power Armor Bay

"What about the Modules Heisho?" asked Takeyu as he walked over to the crate that Sune had modules in, he attached the two NSD Upper leg hangers, sinec he deeply enjoyed using NSD's to poke around in areas and to keep the squad appraised of enemy movements.

He also attached a shoulder missile pod and grabbed the aether beam sabre rifle, the missile pod in case they needed it for long range engagements and the sabre rifle in case they needed it for cutting. When he was done, he checked to make sure the other attachments to his suit were working. The teleportation module that was still attached should a clear charge and was ready to be used at a moments notice.

His forearm shield also showed that it was ready, with no signs that it needed to be serviced. "Ready here," commented the chief engineer as he brought up a status display on his fellow team-mates and checked the status of their suits then began to head toward the shuttle.

"Without the Taii and the Shosho going there are two less people that we have to equip." Came the response from the Heisho. "If someone is in need of one of the fabricating modules then we can wait for their completion, but if it isn't necessary to wait then we won't. You heard the Taii, time is of essence and every second counts. The quicker we get down there the quicker we can infiltrate."

Hakujou was later then the others, just arriving at the armor bay while everyone else was either almost completely suited or running their suits start up. Sauntering into the bay like she was perfectly on time she looked about till she found an unoccupied suit. After a moment of looking she found an empty Mindy and started to suit up.

"Mmm it's been a while." She muttered as she sealed the helmet and booted the suit up.

Code:
To: Valencia-Heisho
Continue preparation but hold actual deployment, we have a situation developing. We may cancel the surface mission, will advise. 
Jalen-Taii

Hanako returned to the bridge and got on the intercom. "This is the captain. Yamatai is currently under attack by the NMX. Do you want to continue this planetary operation on Nataria or would you rather go join the fleet battle at Yamatai? Please send your vote to the bridge in the next two minutes. We are at condition three. Be ready for condition one. Hanako out." The Shosho took her hat and coat off and set it aside, then removed her belt and slipped into an AMES suit.

Power Armor Bay

"Again?!" Takeyu scowled as he glanced up toward the ceiling. "First the parasites, now this," he sighed and looked toward the shuttlebay. On one end, he wanted to actually go groundside to the facility - but on the other he had family on Yamatai and couldn't bare to think of what would happen if Yamatia was taken out.

He sent his vote in, to head to Yamatai to assist.

Cherry-Heisho?
Run a full diagnostic on the ships weapons system, double check the main cannon array please, and make certain that there is no damage to the shield systems. Depending on what happens in the next two minutes, we may need them.

Sune arrived a moment behind Hanako, he took of his coat and hat and looked around With these new uniforms, we need a coat rack of some sort on the bridge. he thought.

He took up his station at the Systems monitor console. "Ma'am, my vote is we join with the forces. While the data from those manufacturing sites would be beneficial. The Capital of the Empire is soon to be attacked by the NMX vermin. Every ship in the vicinity not already engaging the enemy elsewhere should make for Yamatai ASAP."

He started running diagnostics on all primary systems, ensuring that the Eucharis was ready for whatever she was called upon to do.

Code:
TO: Ketsurui-Shosho

Ma'am, if the NMX are attacking Yamatai it will be with a fleet greater than any we have seen, which is why the destruction of that fleet would be detrimental to the NMX and would be the deciding factor in the war. I'm an operator, not an infantry, so you already know my vote."

Ramiro began removing modules and storing them away in their proper location. He then moved his Mindy into its storage location so he could quickly power down and man his post on the bridge. This was the moment he had been waiting for since the war began, him at the helm steering the Eucharis to victory for the glory of the Empire.

Just then, the rest of the First Expeditionary Fleet and the First Fleet shimmered with teal sparkles and vanished.

"Take us to Yamatai," Hanako told Ramiro as he arrived on the bridge.

There was a calm silence about the SAINT officer which seemed to be quite the silent decoration to the Eucharis' compliment since the incident within the borders of the United Outer Colonies. For some, it would seem as if she were brooding, for others, it could possibly seem like she was just 'going through the motions' of her duties on ship, which as of late, had seemed to be those of a typical infantry soldier... hardly befitting an operative of her rank, or talents. Though, those matters merely obscured the genuine thing which bothered Helen Klein.

We're losing this war. Helen thought, as she came to a conclusion, a conclusion of a chain of thoughts and calculations which had busied her Kessaku-OS since they had set course for Nataria. It was clear, the writing was on the wall, and it became all the more clear as Hanako made her announcement of a 'vote' for where to take the ship to fight the enemy. It did not matter, NMX at Yamatai, NMX at Nataria, it was still a matter of the enemy having numbers to be able to perform such daring assaults. It left her to abstain her vote, as she instead elected to furnish Hanako, as well as SAINT, with a brief intelligence analysis. Though, such a thing was a secondary matter as Helen lingered in the power armor bay.

"Helen to Shosho." She spoke, as she opened a communication line to the bridge. "Do we have a situation report beyond the knowledge that there is an attack? What will be our role in the engagement?" Helen asked, simply wanting to know what was needed for her to do her 'job', which aboard the Eucharis, often meant just pulling a trigger like any other grunt, though, she also wanted to be able to give Hanako a professional assessment of the situation as an operative.

"We will be fighting ship to ship," Hanako told Helen. "As a gunship we are an easier target and we have to be careful not to get singled out and hit by an focused attack. We should stay near the big battleships and lend our firepower to them. This is likely to turn into a furball at some point. If that happens, we escape it and head towards the planet to shoot down landing ships. As intelligence officer I will need you on the bridge to try see what we can learn from them, if anything. So far we know that the NMX have around 4500 ships in the system already."

Power Armor Bay

The fact they weren't deploying and seeing Ramiro head away told Takeyu exactly what was going on, he quickly placed his armor back on the rack and got out, he high-tailed it back to engineering and took his seat at his console.

Engineering

"Let's see," he muttered as he brought up a variety of different volumetric displays to monitor each of the ships various systems.

Hakujou blinked as she felt the ship take off. Her expression remained puzzled as she removed her armor and redressed. "The Shosho asked our opinions and then decided to go anyway?" She asked no one, she sheer curiosity in those trivial words were astounding.

"Why did she even ask, if we're going anyway?" She continued to puzzle as she left the armor bay and headed back to the medical lab. Pondering Hanako's puzzlingly contradictory actions.

"Alright everyone! The word's come down from the Shosho and the Eucharis is going in. Suits off and report to battle stations, once I get the ship into hyperspace it will only be a few minutes until arrival, so I'd recommend being combat ready in ten minutes. This is the real deal people, time to make history!"

Bridge

"For once since I've been in your service, I'm one step ahead of you." By the time Ramiro walked onto the bridge he had already already plotted the course via his communicator, uploaded it to his station, and sent a message to Charisma asking her to prep the fold drive. He wasn't even fully seated by the time he executed the program to begin folding.

"Initiating fold Shosho, hyperspace drive at full power, estimated time of arrival is just over eight minutes."

"Acknowledged Shosho, I will be on the bridge shortly." Helen replied, before she felt a distinctive feeling of relief that she would not be packed into a power armor yet again. She did not doddle in the slightest, as she traveled from armor bay to bridge, where upon her arrival, she called upon a series of volumetric windows, which she used to bring up sensor data from the Star Army's assets in the Yamatai system.

With her physical eyes and the mind's eye of her software submerged in data, Helen spoke up "Reporting for duty Shosho." she said, before she went directly to the heart of the matter. "Since we will be engaging in fleet combat, ship-to-ship, I would recommend that we maintain a distance of at least one-hundred-fifty-thousand kilometers from the primary engagement 'furball'. NMX ships have been observed to have large numbers of turrets, as well as hard-hitting point defense projectile weapons, which would make short work of a Gunship like our own in close-range combat. If we maintain range, it would provide one-half-second for course corrections to evade energy weapon fire. I would also recommend using volumetrics to conceal our identification markings, to prevent the Eucharis from being singled out, due to your presence on the battlefield, Shosho." Helen advised, as she mulled over the ins and outs of a several thousand ship engagement. Her brooding on the matter, caused the muscles of her jaw to flex and ripple as a display of her tension.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…