• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at stararmy@gmail.com or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy

RP: YSS Resurgence Mission 14: The Pathfinders (YE 46.5)

Wes

Founder & Admin
Staff Member
🌸 FM of Yamatai
🎖️ Game Master
Discord Booster
🎨 Media Gallery
RP Date
YE 46.5
RP Location
Concordia Sector
YE 46.5

RECREATION ROOM

After their summer shore leave, the crew of the Resurgence was back in action and the ship was lifting off once more from her hangar in the Central Fleet Depot in Central Uesureya on Planet Yamatai. As typical, Aoba called a meeting of the crew to discuss the next objective, which was held before breakfast in the recreation room where everyone was doing their morning workouts. Hachirobei Sakuko, now noticably pregnant, stood near the end of the track that ran around the room, taking and recording runners' times as they completed the last part of their Physical Fitness Test. As they completed the run, they headed over to Aoba's presentation where Julia Meadows was handing out water bottles.

Doctor Poppy crossed the finish line and slowed to a walk, breathing heavily and glistening.

"As you know, Acuna was a major NMX stronghold in the Concordia Sector," Aoba told the crew."After we helped spearpoint the invasion, the Rikugun Legions have moved in and are trying to clear out the resistance, which is likely to take a long time because the planet is covered in dozens, maybe hundreds, of small bases. You did a good job and we made good use of the new teleporter technology, although we can't forget the loss of our comrade. I also want to thank everyone who came to the service at on Nataria. It meant a lot to his family to have such a strong showing of support there. The next step in establishing and securing our foothold in the area, in the eyes of Taisho Irim, is to find out what's out there that can reach us. When we discovered Concordia Station, and the Concordia Sector, we found that the station was a hub of a network of wormholes that the NMX were using to spread throughout the larger Kagami Galaxy. As of yet, most of these are completely unexplored. The Taisho has requested that we become part of the team that will help look into them. Questions?"

"So are we just going to be going through a bunch of wormholes and seeing where they lead to?" Sanda asked. She was doing better since the last mission. The time off at the beach and getting to spend some time with her husband had helped. As had the councling sessons. But she still wasn't quite back to her old self and she might not ever be. The horrors of that last mission had scarred Sanda deeply, deeper than she had ever been scarred before.

"We're going to be part of a team of explorers investigating the wormholes, and new systems and planets and and space ruins we come across," Aoba said. "We'll be working with SAINT crews and Concordia Sector Operations, a special task force set up to support operations in the Concordia Sector," Aoba told Sanda.

Yoshiro was fascinated by all of this but he was going to do his job no matter where they went. He was angry about the loss of a comrade in the last mission and wanted his chance at revenge. He started polishing his salvage sword and smiled. "As long as I get a chance to kill my enemies, then I am all good." Yoshiro said. "Those Mishhu are going to pay for messing with us."

Yayoi stood stoicly beside Sanda, she could tell her battle sister was doing better, and she knew begrudingly that was the power of psychologists, and the beach. She listened as Sanda asked her question, and then heard their captains reply to that question. Yayoi nodded her head silently to acknowledge his words.

Chiheisen Takahashi finished up a water bottle to the side. The Elysian put the cap back on the bottle as she listened to the briefing. She still seemed a little distant, well, moreso than usual, after the events of the previous mission.

Cassie huffed across the finish line. "You know...maybe...I should get...one of them Minkan bodies..."

"Come on, Cassie," Hayden laughed, still running in place after he'd crossed it long ago. "I don't got nothing like that! I don't even have cardio augs!"

Kokoro faceplanted onto the ground after she crossed, the neko evidently didnt like running for an extended period of time. "Ahhhh! Why cant we just float everywhere!"

"You've got even less of an excuse," Hayden looked down at Kokoro. "Are you a Neko or a Ne-can't?"

"My legs are short! My hips are wide! My ass is fat!" Cassie objected.

"Is that really a downside though?" Kokoro floated upside down slowly, looking at Cassie while rossing her arms.

Euikoshi laughed in amusement. "Short stacks for the win," she said, striking a pose.

Hayden, tellingly, didn't respond to any of that, and went off to stretch.

Pidole stared at Cassie for a moment. Not an angry stare, just that thinking stare she was always doing. Her beetle made a "thinking" pose with one of its legs rubbing its chin area.

Yoshiro was doing pratice kata with his sword as he listened to the conversations going on. He was smiling at Cassie's statment.

"So why don't we just send a bunch of robot probes out first?" Wong Caihong suggested. "We have some we could use, and Euikoshi can science them up and Pidole and I can modify them as needed."

"Yeah, that way we don't jump right into the middle of another enemy base and we all get killed this time." Sanda said. A little harder than she had intended. Despite the hilarity of Cassie's complaint, it hadn't even registered with the tattooed woman.

"Go ahead and send the first probes out with sensors to locate the wormhole openings so we know where the network starts," Aoba nodded. "Then we'll start sending them in to see what's on the other side. In the meantime, perhaps some of you can meet our helpers on Concordia Station."

Yuri nodded as she huffed and puffed but had no pigs houses to blow down as she sprinted with the others. "probes would be perfect, to gather intel." She said.

The intercom came on and a volumetric image of Gabriela Lively appeared near Aoba. "Sir, course charted for the Concordia Wormhole. Shall I proceed?"

"Yes, full speed ahead," Aoba said.

"Aye aye, captain! Prepare for space fold," Gabriela replied, disappearing.

"If there's nothing else, I will return to the bridge," Aoba told the crew. "Enjoy your breakfast."

"I consider that last one a standing order," Hayden quipped, once the Captain was heading out.

As the exercise hour ended, the crew began to shuffle over to the showers.

"Spoiler alert," Cassie said, stripping off her Star Army T-shirt, "Pretty sure we find more Mishhu bases. I wouldn't be surprised if they got star fortresses waiting on the other ends of the wormholes. They've have had one in Concordia if we hadn't kicked their ass out and said that weird AI that kept making Pidole's eyes glow. Heh."

Yuri's clothes started flickering, before they disappeared entirely as she joined Cassie to the

"Yeah! SO WE JUST SICC EM!" Kokoro shouted as she grinned, floating along with the rest to the showers. She seemed tired of all that running. "They wont know what hit em! Hyehyehyeee!"

SHOWERS

"First!" Hayden yelled, his long, quarter-ID-SOL legs almost eerie in the speed of their stride versus length. It was almost like he could run another test and max it, and the artillery pieces on display as he yanked his wet shirt over his head while still sprinting full tilt towards the showers backed that up.

"Sí, probablemente nos encontraremos con una maldita armada completa y volaremos en pedazos antes de que sepamos qué nos golpeó." Sanda complained as she undressed and washed. Even the refreshingness of the water after a workout did little to bring the ranger out of her doom and gloom mood.

Poppy shared a shower head with Euikoshi and the two shampoo'd each others' hair. She was a little worried about some of what they'd seen in the previous missions. "I'll do everything I can to keep us from ending up like the YSS Dragon Sword. When we go out there they're going to try to turn us against each other."

Yuri stepped into place beside Poppy and Eukoshi but on a separate shower head. As the water cascaded against her body, she listened to Poppy speaking, "Hai, i'll do my best to assist you. Poppy-Sempai!" She said to poppy, then began thinking.

Julia, the ship's caretaker (space maid!) collected all the exercise uniforms in a basket and hauled them off to the laundry room near the crew cabins.

Chiheisen silently stood under a shower head, the Elysian simply listening to the others converse, effectively covering herself with her now drenched wings. She glanced towards Sanda with a rather sombered expression, before continuing to bathe.

After getting cleaned up, it was time to get dressed for the day. The uniform of the day was the usual Type 42 duty uniform or Type 42 bodysuit, which were the Star Army Regal blue with the occupational panel color on the front and shoulders. After toweling off and air-drying for a few moments, Poppy and others started suiting up.

Yayoi was silent as she suited up, but she wouldnt be silent for long. "hmm.. I wonder if our Empress does another request thing.. hey mom, what would you ask for?' Yuri asked her mother.

Yayoi glanced towards her daughter, for a moment. "probably.. permission to use a Eihei body.. I've heard a lot about their capability, and would be very useful as a ranger. What about you?" Yayoi asked and very much regretted it, because she had a feeling she knew exactly what Yuri might ask.

Yuri grinned widely, with as much Yuri level excitement as she could. "I'd ask if i could hug her! I mean I managed to hug our Imperial Premier! so she's next!" Yuri said innocently.

Yayoi facepalms.

WARDROOM

The air was thick with the breakfasty aromas of fresh-brewed coffee and sizzling bacon. Vanilla-scented crispy waffles and piles of fresh strawberries and lovefruits sat next to Rossa's fresh-basked croissants and Julix's fiesta egg breakfast medley. It was feeding time on the Resurgence!

It went without saying that a certain Nepleslian infantryman attempted, to the best of his ability, to be first in line at breakfast as he had to the showers. Hayden heaped his plate with everything, and plopped down at a table. His shoulders took up the space of a pair of Nekovalkyrja, giving him the entire side to himself.

Bidole the beetle came buzzing past in the air, helping itself to a strawberry and carting off.

"Sup, little dude," Hayden greeted Bidole as it flew by.

Stuffing her face accross from Hayden, Kokoro was chowing down on two separate plates of food, the Navy haired neko not even speaking from how much she was eating. Running made her hungry...

"So..." Cassie said, her hair still looking damp, "Who wants to go meet these dudes on the station? I'm down."

"Mmhm, you sure are." Eyebrows wiggled as Hayden chuckled between bites and shielding his own tray from Kokoro's maniacal shoveling.

Sanda had a full plate of food, mostly eggs and bacon but she wasn't eating with anywhere near her normal gusto. She took a flask from her pocket and poored a generous amount into her coffee cup. She held her cup up towards a window and very quietly said, "May the stars guide you my battle brother, Lyons."

"I know my boy would have wanted you to bring enough to share with the class, Heishō," Hayden punctuated his words with a big, full forkfull of everything on his place. "I already had to set the other Heishō straight."

Sanda managed a smirk and poured some of her rum into Hayden's coffee cup.

Hayden held it up and knocked it back far too quickly for how hot the coffee was, and sputtered a bit before getting himself under control and swallowing. "Smilin' down."

With one hand holding a tray full of food the other face palming, she took her seat beside Sanda. "I've created a nut" she mutters as she does so, her senses of smell began acting up picking up on Sanda's drink. And Hayden's words. "as long as you two get sober enough before you get on duty.." Yayoi finished her words. Mostly because she got distracted by Hayden.

"I've never been drunk on duty in my life." Sanda snapped at Yayoi. She took a big gulp of her drink, barely even noticing the hot tempurature. She grabbed a piece of bacon and raised it to her mouth to eat it but suddenly lost her appittie and just tossed the food back on the plate.

"May i try some?' Yuri asked remembering how Yayoi never allowed her to drink but now that she was a adult, and was free, she thought she could try it.

"Don't get between a soldier and her rum like that, sugar." Hayden admonished Yuri in his smooth drawl, although his eyes on Yayoi implied Yuri was just a proxy.

Yuri frowned, but understood.

"My man also frowned on wasting bacon." While it was another of Hayden's jokes, it sort of trailed off and didn't land the way they usually did, and he ended up just looking back down at his plate and hesitated a moment before shoveling the food in at near-Kokoro speed.

Pidole and Euikoshi took up a corner booth, already hard at work looking at a modified probe design, which was projected out of Pidole's triangular teal communicator on her jacket. It looked like a little torpedo full of sensors and its parts expanded out from each other to show the interior. They got deep into what Cassie described as "nerd shit."

Chiheisen sat at the end of the table Sanda and Yayoi were sitting at, with a gap in between chairs to provide suitable space for her wings. She still didnt seem very sociable.

Kokoro's ear twitched a little as she looked towards Yayoi, raising an eyebrow. She didnt say anything, her mouth was full of food which she was still chewing on.

Cheilith sat with the other team members, eating her eggs and bacon and watching the normal life of the ship unfold around her.

"Hey," Yoshiro said to Kokoro. "Last mission...did I see you speaking Mishhuvurthyar?"

Cassie stopped in mid-bite. "Hrm? Wait, what?"

It would take a boarding party to get Hayden to stop mid-bite now. But he did look up.

Kokoro made a little choking noise as she spat out what she was biting into. She hit herself in the chest reflexively, before responding. "NANDAYO?! What are you talking about?" She raised an eyebrow angrily, a sweat drop sliding down her cheek.

Yayoi choked on her food the moment Yoshiro spoke to Kokoro.

"Errrhh..." She blinked repeatedly as she stared at her food, before responding. "Ohhh! T-that.. yeah- i was just trying to repeat something I heard from a Misshu before! It kinda scared em off!" She laughed nervously, rubbing the back of her head. "Was it that convicing?"

"Very." Cheilith commented.

"Yeah it totally was." Yoshiro said smiling encouragingly. "Do you know any other Mishhu words? I could use some new matieral to insult them with the next time I see them."

"It's true it was the same Mishhu that Rossa gunked up with corn starch?" Cassie asked Yoshiro and Kokoro.

"That's what the bastard told us when he had us chained to a wall." Sanda said she drained the rest of her coffee. Taking out her flask again she filled the cup with just straight rum this time and drank downed it as well before standing up. It was beginning to feel crowded in the Wardroom.

Kokoro laughed with a nervous grin, before nodding towards Yoshiro. "Well i can try findin out more to hurl at them! Hyehyehye..."

Yuri widened her innocent eyes "oh my Mishhu insults..hmm.. too bad i dont get chances. Plus not sure its a good idea." Though hopes Poppy hadnt mentioned to her mother she'd been crying while they were missing in action.

"It must've been horrifying," Poppy sympathized. "You hear these horror stories about the Mishhuvurthyar practices on prisoners and how they literally treat captives as cattle. And it was a race against time for me to get those parasites out."

"I got one of them," Hayden chimed in before Poppy even got the "t" in "out" out of her mouth, nudging Yayoi.

"it was.." Yayoi started, but stopped. as she took note of Yuri's presence and Chiheisen's leaving. Though she reached out to touch where the parasite was extracted. Yayoi glanced to Hayden as he nudged her, and her eyes narrowed not liking the contact. "Hayden-hei, mind explaining why you think we are close enough to nudge?' she asked annoyedly. as the Stick lifted up her butt once again.

"I mean, my hand was all up inside your body cavity and all, Heishō, so I figured, you know. This wasn't near that close!" Hayden made a little wiggling gesture with his fingers, meant to evoke Parasite tentacles.

Cassie's eyes bulged at the mental image. "Gross!"

Yayoi's eye twitched, dangerously "we are at breakfast, Hayden-hei!" She said grossed out by his words. She didnt think about how the parasite didnt try to control her.

Chiheisen got up from her seat abruptly as Poppy was speaking, the Elysian leaving her food half eaten on the table as she made her way outside of the Wardroom quickly. Kokoro watched with a new spoonfull of food in her mouth, furrowing her brow.

Yuri got up "i'll meet you back in the medical bay, sempai!" Yuri said, and hurried out. giving Chiheisen a float by shoulder pat before she went to the lift.

"We might be able to find a Concordian guide who knews the region better than we do," Poppy speculated. "We should check the station," she suggested. "Maybe I can charm one," she giggled, thinking back to the governor of Koenic who continued to send her flowers.

= = =
OOC: JP by Wes, Charaa, Cowboy, Liza, Yuuki, and Yoshiro

YSS Resurgence
Hallway outside of the Wardroom

Sanda had gone out into the hallway where it was quieter. Her right hand had started to shake again. It had started doing that ever since she'd gotten back from that mission. The wierd part was that it was her cybernitic arm. It wasn't suppose to do that. Her theripist said it was subcouncious triggers on her implants.

Chiheisen gribbed a disposals bin tightly a bit aways from the entrance to the wardroom. The Elysian let out a shudder as she made an attempt to hold back, but couldnt. She gagged and threw up into the bin, her wings visibly ruffling quite significantly as her body shook.

Sanda couldn't miss the Elysian doubled over throwing up into a trash bin. She knew how she felt. Sanda walked over and grabbed Chichi's hair and pulled it away from her face so that she wouldn't acedently throw up on her own hair. "It's ok. You're ok. Just let it out."

Chiheisen jumped visibly as Sanda pulled her platinum hair out of the way, letting out a slight shudder as she tried to speak. "Heisho.. your assistance isnt-" She recoiled and threw up once more, cutting herself off of what she was gonna say. A small whimper escaped her, gripping the bin so tightly her knuckles went white.

"I know." Sanda said very softly. She had been in the same situation a few weeks ago. A particually bad night had left her throwing her guts up and screaming loud enough to wake the dead.

"Arigato.." She groaned out as she glanced towards Sanda wearily... "I cant stop.. thinking about.. it" She said in between heavy breaths.

"I know..." Sanda's voice breaking slightly. "I use to never have trouble sleeping, now it seems almost every time I close my eyes I can see... that room."

She glanced towards Sanda, the Elysian's wings quivering softly as she finally stopped hurling. "Is it.. ever going to get better.." She said softly, her eyes welling up with probably the most emotion anyone on the resurgence had seen from Chiheisen. She had clearly been holding it in all this time.

Sanda was the poster girl for being a bad ass. Lighting tattoos over her body and even on her face. A tough fighter who never let things get to her. She wasn't one to show emotions either. But now... Sanda reached over and tenitivly and placed an arm around Chiheisen's shoulders, being very careful not to put any presure on her wings. "Yeah. It'll get better. Not right away. Demonio, maybe not for a long time. But it will get better."

Chiheisen slowly shyed into Sanda and ended up leaning on her. She remained rather silent, appart from the occasional whine, which indicated the Elysian was likely crying. As resilient and serious as she always was, the birb was still rather green. She remained like that for awhile, her shaking legs slowly lowering down to the ground.

Sanda wrapped her other arm around the birb and just held her. It gave her more strenght, being able to help out the younger soldier. Her husband, Caffran, had been there for Sanda and had helped the Ranger get through the worst of it. Now Sanda was able to be there for Chiheisen to help her through it. They would get through it as soldiers of the Star Army did, together.

(JP with @Cowboy !)

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…