• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 May and June 2024 are YE 46.4 in the RP.

RP: 4th Fleet (NSN) [mission 2.2] Going back to school

Zack

Inactive Member
Shortly after the events in mission 2.1...

Eventually, the stories would have been told, and the majority of the marines would have gone to sleep leaving only a few up to keep watch over the group, Avel, and the dieing embers of the fire. A few hours in, Wazu would tap Cedric on the shoulder. "Time for you to take watch," He said, "And while you are up we need to talk about the proving grounds down there. I am sure you are aware that we have a certain lack of instructors at the school?"

Cedric had been sleeping rather soundly in his tent that late at night when he was suddenly woken up by Wazu tapping on his shoulder. Almost out of reflex, the Marine nearly grabbed his HHG because it was dark and he couldn't see who was in his tent. However, he caught himself, and refrained from pulling a gun on a superior officer. Instead he firmly secured the weapon in it's holster at his waist as he moved in to a crouch.

What he said first was directed at his taking watch when he moved to exit the tent, "Okay, sir. I have the . . ." He paused at what he heard the Admiral say next, looking back over his shoulder, "Sir, I was not keenly aware of that issue, no. May I ask why you're bringing it to my attention?"

"Was wondering if you wanted the job." Wazu replied, awkwardly moving around inside the tent until he found a place to sit down, crossing his legs and putting his hands in his lap. Despite his best efforts not to be bothered, the datapad on his hips had been turned on for use in relaying critical information, "For the time being at least. We have a lot of marines that go through basic training but the problem is that we are rarely producing marines that are suitable for the jobs I need filled.

This has led to the staffing problems the 4th has been having.

I was hoping I could count on you to take charge of the demolition school down there are the NAM proving grounds, get things in order, set up training facilities and teach some of the instructors there how to do their job a bit better. There is only so much that Drei's training courses on explosives can do, and the marines will not always have here there to point out weak spots in a building or tell them how to pack explosives to focus a blast."

Cedric's eyes followed the Admiral as he moved around in the tent, with Cedric sitting on his calves by the tent flap. He listened silently as Wazu spoke, waiting in patient silence until he had finally finished speaking for the moment.

"Admiral, sir. Are you really sure that you want me to do that? I mean I'm just an ol' sapper. Hell: half the stuff I know was taught to me through those same systems of Drei's that you talked about. The only difference between me and a lot of those other grunts is that I just started trying to memorize them."

"The difference between them and you is that when needed, you rose to the challenge.

I do not need more marines that do not care to learn themselves, or who only want to be in the marines so they can have an excuse to shoot things again. You have shown yourself not only to be dependable, in combat and otherwise, but to be capable as well. I would not be asking you if I did not think you could do this, and do it well." Wazu said.

Cedric slowly nodded his head, contemplating what he was told. There was a brief moment of silence before he finally spoke, "Well, Admiral . . ." He pursed his lips for a moment, glancing out in to the darkness, ". . . I have no doubt the squad can keep it together with this particular number two. So I accept, sir. I only have one request." He pointed out in the general direction of the majority of the NAM proving grounds, "If you set me out to do this job: then I set up the program how I want, so long as I get you good Marines."

Wazu nodded, "What do you need?"

RPG-D RPGfix
Back