• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 May and June 2024 are YE 46.4 in the RP.

RP: YSS Celia Mission 2B: [Essia] Diplomacy in the Jungle

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yangfan

Inactive Member
Yangfan

The Aerokitty was making good progress toward the planet, despite the fact that the Celia was in an unreasonably high orbit when the shuttle began its trip. Everyone had put on their AMES suits. The crew sat in silence as the planet loomed ever larger on the main view-screen.

Tyler

Through the windshield or viewscreen of the shuttle, the pilot and copilot would see a very thickly lush jungle and a very high mountain range cutting through areas of the jungle, high enough to be snowcapped. The main continent was indeed wrapped around Essia's equator like a belt.

Nagashun had already informed her priesthood about the incoming visitors, the general populace was told to remain calm and go about their lives. As they dipped down through the atmosphere ((moving you down slowly by saying what you see)) and would see old Mayan style pyramids coming out of the jungle, they were exquisitely well built for low technology.

In an area that was fairly far from the pyramid structures that marked a city. For reasons of preventing mass panic, the sensors of the shuttle would read a strange energy emanating from the atmosphere that would guide them toward a large open clearing in the jungle. Soon the goddess' voice and appearance would appear on their shuttle again. "Please follow the energy to the clearing, to prevent mass panic and hostility, I suggest you land in the pre-designated area." She winked at Henry. "I'm sure a handsome young man like you can do that for me right?" She winked before shimmering out. With that they were free to make whatever assumptions they wished.

On the surface in the jungle around the clearing, three templars awaited them, three of the biggest snake-men they'd ever meet. Issus, the leader of the group leaned back on his long heavy bodied coils with his muscular arms crossed, reviewing what the priesthood had told them hours before. With him was another large male Separa with scarlet red, amber yellow and black bands around his lower half...a king snake with coloration mimicing a venomous coral snake. On his right and half concealed in the brush was a smaller, more slender female with more feminine features of the face and smaller musculature with drab dirt brown coloration on her lower half. Issus, Salmis, and Angonis silently awaited the new visitors.

Motoyama Kaori

Kaori sat silently in the shuttle. His arms crossed and his head lowered. His eyes closed. He was, in a somewhat meditative state, fully aware, and yet seeming very distant from the rest of the crew. He calmly focused his mentality for the mission. For most of the hardest battles were mental, not physical.

Yangfan

After the image of Nagashun had shimmered away, Henry nodded to the pilot. "Do what she says."

The shuttle flew at a relatively high altitude until it was directly above the clearing, and then descended straight down at a leisurely pace, landing almost silently. The shuttle hatch opened with a slight hiss of air.

Out stepped Henry, clad in his AMES. He was followed by Shina, Motoyama, Mazda, and Drake, all of them in environmental suits as well. Their rank pins had been pinned to the outside of their suits for easier identification. The pilot remained behind in the shuttle.

"Shina, check the atmosphere for oxygen level. Motoyama, follow me. The rest of you stay put for now… And stay alert," ordered Henry, before he turned his attention to the snake-men. He walked up to the one standing in the middle, guessing by the snake-man's posture that he was the one in charge.

"Greetings," said Henry. He looked at the creatures whose ancestors were probably human. "I bring a message of peace from the Empire."

Tyler

Issus came off his coils, towering above the landing crew at 8' tall. The highly humid air didn't seem to bother them, but it had to be sweltering in the AMES suits. Shina's readings would register that the atmosphere was breathable, if a little dense with water vapor and humidity. "You are the onesssss that the priesssstsss told usss about, the explorersss iss that correct?" Issus asked Henry, seeing him as being in charge. They'd notice every so often a secondary tongue, smaller and forked would flick out and back in, but never when they were talking.

The other two templars hissed through their lips, the tongues flicking out to sample the air and look over the landing party. "Aren't you humansss hot in all that?" Argonis asked, rustling his brilliantly colored coils in the tall grass.

Motoyama Kaori

He followed behind Chen fairly closely. He was no small man himself; his large stature stood at 6'7. His shoulders were wide and powerful. He stared through his suit at the various creatures that surrounded them. He stood with his chest out, at attention next to Chen. His eye slowly, and unnoticeably glancing around. Watching, waiting, calculating the situation.

Yangfan

Henry couldn't help but smile at seeing the large figures towering around him. It was easy for him to forget that he wasn't that tall at all (at 5'9"), since he worked with Nekos most of the time. The experience was humbling, and therefore necessary.

A quiet thought whispered in Shina's voice at the back of his mind, informing him that the atmosphere was breathable.

"Yes, we are explorers, and I am not surprised that your priests are expecting us..." said Henry to Issus, then turned to Argonis. "My suit offers some thermal insulation. it is a little warm in here, but I think it'll only get worse if I take my helmet off. Thank you for your concern, however."

Henry then returned his attention to Issus, who seemed to be the snake-man in charge. "Now, allow me to introduce myself. I am Admiral Henry Chen, of the Third Expeditionary Fleet. This…" he said, with a quick gesture at Motoyama, "is Lieutenant Motoyama Kaori… And with whom do I have the pleasure of conversing?"

Tyler

Issus looked down at Henry then over to Kaori and tried to suppress the automatic hissing of the "s" sound as he spoke. "My name is Issus.." He gestured to the brightly colored one. "That is Argonis," then to the drab female, "Salmis." She bowed her head, the secondary tongue flicking out as her coils rustled some. Issus paused for a moment, his arms still crossed over his chest in a silent symbol of desiring peaceful relations instead of hostility. "You said, 3rd fleet? Does that mean there are two more hanging over our heads?" He asked curiously.

"But come, they are awaiting you at the grand temple." Issus said, moving his anaconda like snake body to turn around. "Follow us." Salmis said in a quiet, gentle voice. "And avoid the cavern you'll see. We don't allow people to interfere with the eggs." She said.

The males brushed a path open for them letting the female by first. "Follow her or you'll get lost easily."

Motoyama Kaori

He nodded sternly in a hello. He loomed over Admiral Chen's shoulder. He was effectively his shadow. It was obvious his nature was protective, like a creature of their kind over its young. He waited for the admiral to take his steps forward, and would be at his shoulder, his eyes slowly rotating, watching, and his ears perked, listening. He was ever ready; it was his job after all.

Yangfan

"Of course," answered Henry as he began walking a few paces behind Salmis, and gestured for Motoyama, Shina, Mazda, and Drake to follow. The pilot knew that her orders were to stay behind and guard the shuttle.

"As for our fleets…" he said in response to Issus's question, "my flagship is the only ship orbiting this planet. There are a few more ships under my command in the system, at a good distance away from this planet. The rest of the Imperial Fleets are busy exploring the other systems."

As she walked, following the others, Shina began scanning for air-borne pathogens and parasites.

Tyler

As they lead the newcomers to the main temple, they brushed through thick thorny jungle. They bypassed a cavern with a couple more templar on either side of the mouth. "Please ignore them, it is their job." Salmis said in a feminine voice. They continued along, their bodies seeming unfazed by the thorny underbrush they slithered through. Shina's readings would say that the air was humid but not very threatening with the odd energy spike like they'd experienced when they descended to land.

It wasn't too long however before a small constrictor snake in the underbrush, apparently upset by nearly being stepped on, lashed out and sank his teeth into Shina's leg, and held her tightly for a moment. Issus lowered himself down low. "Don't panic, he feels threatened." he told her as he ever so gently unhooked the little snake; yet almost 2.5 feet long snake from her leg and let it comfortable rest on his shoulder. "Come along now" they said and led the group along the outskirts of a small outpost in the trees, with the only access being a mere tree trunk. Beyond that they came into view of a huge magnificently constructed Mayan temple with a ramp on one side and stairs on the other. "Please, they await you on the highest tier." The two templars Argonis and Salmis turned back to attend to their other duties leaving the huge leader to guide them.

For some unexplainable reason the stairs, right down the middle were stained red...

Motoyama Kaori

He followed behind Chen, watching the incident with Shina, which he simply ignored. She was capable of medical treatment, even though it wasn't poisonous. He looked up at the temple and let out a light sigh. "... Remind me to thank Celia for the elevators she has when we get back."

Yangfan

Standing at its feet, Henry looked up at the huge Mayan temple. Archeology being mostly a lost art, the architecture of the structure looked entirely alien to him. "You all right back there, Shina?" he asked.

"I'll be fine sir," replied his assistant. The two tiny puncture wounds had already closed up, although they would take a few more moments to heal.

Henry nodded, and returned his attention to the temple, and in particular, to the large red stain running down the temple stairs that was unmistakably formed by flowing liquid. He briefly contemplated its implications, and Issus would notice Henry's brief moment of hesitation, if he were observant. Was it blood? Human blood would more likely be brown when it had dried into a stain, but Henry had no way to know how the Essians' physiology had mutated under the planet's harsh environments. Henry smiled as he considered the possibility that the priests that Issus spoke of just really liked fruit punch.

In any case, it was too late to turn back now. "Come on, Mr. Kaori," said Henry. "A little exercise is good for you." Henry began walking up the stairs, with Motoyama sticking close to him, and the rest of the away team following a few steps behind them.

Motoyama Kaori

He nodded quietly. "I suppose you're right. I spend enough time working out anyway." he started up the stairs behind Henry. Close was an understatement; he rode his back almost as he looked around. His ice grey eyes would glance at those creatures that dare come close to Chen, as if to dare them to try something. He held a cold sharp stare...his eyes had a look as if to deprive someone of their life, was something he could do at the drop of a pin. He quietly looked around, his eyes glancing over to Chen occasionally to check his expression, and gauge the situation somewhat better.

Tyler

Issus continued up the ramp and caught Henry's moment of hesitation and looked over. "Don't worry, that red is just a look of the stone used to make the steps when the sun hits it." he explained and looked back at the pretty woman, Shina. 'I hope my little friend here didn't hurt you too badly." he said and continued up, it was a tall pyramid and the air was moist with humidity.

Yangfan

Henry nodded upon hearing the snake-man's words. He continued up the stairs, walking besides Issus.

Shina looked up at Issus, who was walking in front of her. "Hmm? Oh. No, he didn't. I'm fine. Really. I heal fast," she replied with a smile. She then took out an adhesive patch from one of her pockets and, as she climbed the stairs, applied it to the two small holes (that were caused by the snake bite) her environmental suit. Shina didn't know how long the air recycling system of the suit would have lasted with those leaks, and she wasn't keen on finding out.

Motoyama Kaori

He glanced over at Issus a moment and narrowed his eyes, as he looked slowly back down to the red. His form hovered over Henry's shoulder, ever present, keeping Admiral Chen in his shadow for the most part. He walked along side them, somewhat quietly as he seemed to be thinking. "Hmm. Rather humid here. Heh, like I mentioned the elevator, I need to thank Celia for spoiling us with climate control."

Tyler

They continued up the sun-baked pyramid to the top, which stood two buildings one squared and connected via a covered passage to a triangular shaped one. The door to the square building was where Issus braced himself and tapped on a stone three times and waited for a moment. In a moment 2 taps were heard on the stone from inside and nodded, then the muscled snake-man took hold of the large flat rock and pushed it aside without seeming effort. But if one noticed the strong 25 ft long snake body tensing up it showed it took more than it seemed. "Please go inside, but I warn you, this stone will be closed after you enter to maintain the temperature inside." He said gesturing them to enter.

"I assure you that the air is safe and cooler inside. They are waiting for you" He said. Inside was an echo of running water and a distinctly cooler feel to it, there was a heavily hieroglyphic-filled and ornately decorated marble circular table surrounded by a small moat full of cooler water. Around the sides were smaller built and younger female Essians using fans to cool three others, two of which were drab in coloration. The last was brightly colored green, all three flicking out their secondary tongues in contentment. "Greetings, people from the sky." The brightly colored male said. "I hope the humidity hasn't soured your attitudes, please cool yourselves by sitting in the stream after removing your thick outer clothing." the female next to him said gesturing toward the water that was flowing in and round the table itself which sat on a bit of a dais.

The chamber was lit by overhead sunlight panels that shed filtered light down over the three elders giving them a kind of spotlight. After the Star Army people entered, they heard the grinding as Issus slid the door shut from the outside. The "moat" was fairly deep but on the wall was a bench on which people could sit that would raise or lower depending upon a mechanized simple system of levers and ropes. Currently the chair sat above the waterline on the armrest of each was a button that would activate the system for each one.

Yangfan

Henry smiled and nodded. "Don't mind if I do." He took off his helmet, and then deactivated and stripped off his AMES, revealing that he was only wearing his boxer shorts underneath. Henry began carefully lowering himself onto one of the chairs attached to the wall of the miniature "moat".

Shina took a quick scan of the water with her scanner, to verify that it was safe for Henry, before gingerly taking off her AMES. She appeared to be wearing a conservative one-piece swimming suit as she walked toward the water. The swimming suit was so conservative that it covered her up to her shoulders and down to her thighs.

Mazda and Drake looked uneasily at each other. They appeared to be waiting for some sort of order from Henry or Motoyama.

Motoyama Kaori

He stood beside the moat sternly. His eyes looking over at Henry a moment, as he knew his Admiral's order more than likely. He promptly removed his environmental suit. He oddly enough wore a wetsuit underneath it. He kindly looked at Mazda and Drake. "Follow the Admiral's lead." He said quietly, and moved over to the bench, sitting down. His belt strapped around his waist with various pouches. He sat down and looked stern and rigid as ever.

Yangfan

Henry smiled as he watched Motoyama follow his lead. He seemed to be impressed.

Mazda and Drake followed their orders. They stripped off their environmental suits and other clothing until they were in their underwear. After leaving their clothes and pistols in a heap by the moat, and making sure that their weapons were within reaching distance, the two Elysian soldiers folded up their wings, and took their seats above the moat water.

Henry took a deep breath, allowing himself to relax. "First, sir," he said to the green snakeman seated on the table, "allow me to thank you for your hospitality… Do you know why I am here?"

Tyler

The male Separa nodded in acknowledgment of the gratitude. "Please if it gets too hot for you just push that toggle switch on your armrest to lower yourselves into the water, it is quite pleasant." A female said. The female Separa had leather clothing over their torso concealing their rather small bust-lines whereas the male was shirtless and toned. "We knew you were coming but your reasons are unknown to us." The third said. "We assume you are here to open relations between our races."

Yangfan

Henry nodded. "We're interested in establishing formal relations, yes… Ah, but first, allow me to introduce my companions and myself. I am Henry Chen, fleet admiral of the Third Expeditionary Fleet. Sitting beside me are Lieutenant Tanaka, Lieutenant Kaori, Private Eschve, and Private Starblade. Could I have the honor of knowing your names?"

Tyler

The triad of Separa nodded in acknowledgment and offering welcome individually to each crewmember as they were introduced. "My name is Talris." the male said. "To my right..." He gestured an open hand to the brightly colored female. "Is Lady Rinas." Talris said as Rinas bowed her head. "To my left is Lady Neris." he said. "Pleasure to meet you." The iridescently scaled female smiled.

Tal waved to one of the serving females who slithered over and the two conversed for a moment and she nodded and headed off. "It is good to make your acquaintance, we were informed that you'd arrive today but that's all we were told. You'll have to forgive our seeming indifference to your presence; but as you've seen we are half human but we retain a great deal of our old emotional state sometimes." Rinas said politely.

Motoyama Kaori

He sat silently beside the admiral, nodding as his name was mentioned. He quietly crossed his arms and lowered hid head somewhat. His dark grey eye scanned the room, they seemed clouded and empty, as if he himself lacked the emotional status they had spoken of. To separate ones self from their feelings, was to create the ability to kill without second thought. Hesitation meant death in war. It was how he had raised himself, how he'd trained. This is why he was the admiral's Security Officer.

Yangfan

"The pleasure is mine, Master Talris, Lady Rinas, Lady Neris, " said Henry, pausing briefly to gather his thoughts. "Now, as I was saying, we're interested in establishing formal relations between our races, but we were also hoping that your planet would join our Imperial Commonwealth. Before you refuse, hear me out. My people are explorers. Throughout our travels, we have met many peaceful, reasonable, and honorable civilizations, but we have also encountered terrible races that seek nothing but destruction and relish in killing. The Empire is always looking for enlightened civilizations to bring under its banner, not to dominate over them, but so that all of them may survive.

"If Essia decides to join us, nothing about the planet will change. The leaders of your people, such as yourselves, will remain in power. Your people's culture and way of life will be respected. You will be free to restrict the citizens of other Imperial planets from visiting your planet.

"Our Emperor and Senators will treat the rulers of this planet as their equals, and return every courtesy in kind. Essia will gain a seat in the Imperial Senate, and have a say in all Imperial affairs.

"The only thing that we ask in return is for Essia to give up the right to independently make treaties with foreign powers, so that the Empire may present an united front to those who may wish it harm.

"Now, I realize that Essia is under the protection of your goddess, and I would never be so impudent to suggest that Essia would ever need military assistance, should it ever come under attack. However, please know that the Empire would protect and defend its member planets down to the last ship and the last soldier. "

Henry paused. He lowered his chair a bit, and dipped his feet into the cool moat water. Meanwhile, Henry's eyes remained focused on Talris's face as he waited for his reaction.

Motoyama Kaori

Motoyama sat in silence, listening and watching.

Tyler

The three Separa looked at him listening to his offer, their lower halves shifting a bit in the water, their second tongues flicking out every so often. When he was finished the three conferred for a moment before looking at them again. "We'll require a bit more time to consider your words, I hope that is acceptable." Talnis said.

Yangfan

Henry nodded, smiling. "Of course. My officers and I could return to our ship, so that you may deliberate in private, if you wish."

Shina gingerly touched the moat water with a toe, shrugged, and withdrew the toe. She re-examined her surroundings, and remained alert.

Meanwhile, the two Elysian soldiers seemed to have relaxed a bit more. Despite the environmental suits that they had just shed, the cool shade inside the structure was a welcome respite from the hot air outside.

Drake Starblade

Drake slid lower into his seat, placing his feet into the water. He liked this diplomatic stuff; he wouldn't mind doing this everyday for the rest of his life.

Tyler

"It would be nice of you but you see, we would have no way to contact you if you did. We can however, arrange a place for you to rest while you're here." the female on the right said quietly. The water was clear and rather cool to the touch but harmless. "We will of course have food provided, just do not eat the fruits you see in trees, it is... fatal to humans."

Yangfan

Henry was considering the problem of re-establishing contact as well. Lending them a communications device was out of the question, he supposed. "Of course," he replied in response to the female Essian. "We appreciate your hospitality."

Shina smiled shyly when she realized that Henry was only wearing his boxer shorts. There might be more peace in the galaxy, if more diplomatic meetings took place where all participants were in their skivvies.

Motoyama Kaori

He nodded quietly to the individual who spoke to them. "Perhaps an escort for Mazda and Drake," he motioned in their general direction, "back to the shuttle so that they may pick up provisions… personal belongings that involve the grooming of our species. It would be greatly appreciated." He looked over at Henry. "I'll be making a list, Admiral Chen, feel free to add what you need," he said quietly, and went back to sitting rigidly.

Tyler

With a stone grinding sound, the circular "door" opened into the chamber by the massively powerful Issus. The sun had begun to sink below the horizon in it is endless trek. "Issus here will show you to your temporary domicile and yes you may return to your craft to retrieve whatever you may require." the male Separa said politely. "Please feel free to explore our village, but please don't stray too far, it is easy to get lost in the jungle." the females said.

Yangfan

Henry exchanged a glance with Motoyama, and then nodded. He raised his chair to its original height and got out of the moat, gesturing for the rest of his party to do the same. His feet were still wet, and Henry smiled as he realized that a towel would actually be kind of useful right about then.

Shina, being as nimble as one would expect a Nekovalkyrja to be, was the first to follow Henry out of the moat.

While waiting for everyone else to exit the moat, Henry turned to his hosts. "Master Talris, Lady Rinas, Lady Neris, thank you for your time. Please take all the time that you may require to come to a decision," he said, bowing slightly. He then walked up to Issus. "My officer speaks the truth. I will need to send two of my soldiers back to our shuttle, to gather supplies. They will need an escort, so that they do not become lost in the jungle."

Motoyama Kaori

He kindly bowed respectfully to the snake-like creatures, and nodded as he stepped up beside Henry. "Yes. Admiral Chen, and, your people," he said towards Issus, "Perhaps could send someone whom they could converse with about your culture, and share points. So that we may bring closer any gaps that may lie in our communication branches." He cleared his throat, rarely showing his diplomatic capabilities. He much preferred to be feared for his ruthless ability to kill... Which few witnessed first hand.

Tyler

The three elders nodded, "if you really wish to converse on that issue, you may ask anyone of the templars you were escorted here by." Neris said. Once the Star Army personnel were dismissed the Separa nodded to them as they departed the room. They were out in the fading sunlight of the world; the grinding sound seemed to echo behind them as it closed. Issus, who had just closed the door, said, "So you require a guide back to your ship?" he asked as they descended the stairs. "Understandable." he said and issued forth a low frequency thrumming sound that reverberated through the stones and the ground.

The female from before would meet them at the base of the pyramid, ready to show them where to go. "Salmis will guide your men in that case, I'll personally show you to your domicile for the evening."

Yangfan

Henry gestured for Mazda and Drake to come to him. "Nito Hei Eschve, Santo Hei Starblade, follow Salmis back to the shuttle and gather the supplies on this list," he said, handing Mazda a data pad. "Also, send a message to Chusa Megami. Let her know that we're safe. Then come right back. We don't want to inconvenience our hosts anymore than we have to."

By this time, Shina had already put her environmental suit back on, but the helmet was left cradled in her left arm. The modest Neko could have created some holographic clothing over her swimsuit if she wanted to, but she didn't want to scare the Essians.

As the snake-woman and the two Elysians disappeared into the dense jungle, Henry turned to Issus. "Please, lead the way."

Tyler

The Separa surrounding them didn't seem too fazed by Shina's nudity; the younger ones were looking more at her two legs. Not out of a sense of perverseness, but more out of a sense of curiosity, they had never seen a bipedal pair of legs before. Shina herself did have rather nice legs worthy of attention from any male but these people were different.

The massive Separa Templar guided them to the large tree house that was set-aside for guests. He didn't have any trouble climbing up the pole that lead up into it, his long heavy body coiling around as his powerful arms helped pull his weight up effortlessly. In a few moments a pulley-operated elevator came down for the Star Army people. "Please I know it is time consuming but board it one at a time and I'll bring you up and show you how to use it. I'm sure it is not as advanced as you're used to but we like it." he said from above.

Meanwhile, the female Separa lead the Elysians back to their shuttle in the landing area they'd originally landed in.

Drake Starblade

Drake quickly gathered the materials on the list as Mazda mailed the aforementioned transmission, and then he exited the shuttle.

Yangfan

"Drake, let's get these supplies back to Taisho Chen," said Mazda.

Meanwhile:

"I'll go first," said Shina, as she gingerly stepped onto the elevator.

Henry seemed a bit distracted, as he watched the sunset. Even though the Celia spent the last few months in the Ohara system, Henry spent most of that time onboard his ship, meeting with Phodian representatives and laying down the groundwork for the space station. Thus, it had been quite a while since he had seen a sunset from planetside. Henry had forgotten how much he enjoyed watching sunsets until he saw one again. They reminded him of Tania, and how the entire town would turn a bright shade of orange at the setting of the Yamataian sun. They reminded him of home.

Tyler

Issus looked down to make sure Shina was fully on the elevator before beginning to haul her up, the system easily handling her weight as it was more made to haul heavier items up like furniture and the Separa themselves. As she rose through the branches of the surrounding trees she would spot several odd colored fruits about the size of pineapples but they were a scarlet color like an apple. Some quite low in the tree, other's quite high and it wasn't long before she was lifted into a rather well built cabin-like domicile.

Once off the elevator she would make out a small table that was surrounded by three cushioned chairs with a small door that lead into the bedroom area of it. Issus moved his body so she wouldn't trip and looked at her. "Alright miss. I'll show you how to operate it, it is a little bit tricky as it is new." he said and tapped a release and slowly began to let the elevator down. "This is the locking mechanism that prevents sudden falls if one loses their handle on the rope." he said the catch looked like a vicious meat-hook which the heavy cable like rope looped through as well as a set of rings it went through. "You can operate it manually or automatically." he said pointing out a device that wound the rope around a smooth tree branch operating by set of powerful springs that were set up to respond to weight applied to the pad to lift something.

If she looked around she may notice a small area that looked like an icy cavern with slabs of meat rolled up in large leaves and preserved as well as two barrels of something that looked like wine but was more like a fruit juice. The Elevator returned to the ground for Henry.

Yangfan

Shina carefully examined the system of ropes and pulleys. It didn't seem very complicated to her. "Um, sir? Would you like me to lift you up now?" She shouted in the general direction of the ground.

"… Huh? Oh, sure," said Henry. He absent-mindedly stepped onto the elevator.

Shina, not really trusting the automatic operation of the elevator system, began slowly and carefully pulling up the elevator.

Henry didn't notice that he was moving until he was a few feet up from the ground. He grabbed one of the ropes holding the elevator up for balance. As he ascended he noticed the fruits in the tree, and remembered the snake-woman's warnings regarding them. Henry silently reassured himself that his soldiers were professional enough to take those warnings seriously.

Soon enough, Henry was inside what appeared to be a very well built tree house. On the ground below the large tree, only Lieutenant Kaori remained. Again, the elevator descended to take him up.

Yangfan

Motoyama stepped onto the elevator and gave the ropes a tug.

Shina, after feeling the tug, began lifting the elevator up again. The contraption moved slowly but surely.

As Motoyama came into view again, Henry couldn't help but notice that the man's posture was much better than his own. Not to be outdone, Henry straightened his back.

Tyler

Issus simply smirked some, the second tongue of his flicking out innocuously as he watched the three acclimate. "So how do you like our planet so far?" he asked curiously. His large 30' olive and dark brown snake body coiling up to provide a kind of lounge chair effect that the leaned back on crossing his arms over his muscular chest, some of his long coarse hair hung loosely over his shoulder. "It is perfect for us reptilians but you humanoids look uncomfortable."

Yangfan

Henry discovered that he tired quickly as he stood with his back straightened. He sat down on one of the chairs to rest. "I find your planet quite lovely, Mister Issus. it is a bit warm for someone like me, true. But… the sunset reminds me of the ones back home."

Motoyama walked over to Henry's side, and stood at attention.

"Have a seat, Mr. Kaori," said Henry, staring at the man's perfect posture.

Motoyama sat down on a chair.

Shina, smiling, sat down on the last chair. "Out of curiosity, Mister Issus, how does your people produce ice in this weather?" She asked, pointing at the small icy cavern off to the side of the room.

Tyler

Issus looked over at Shina as she talked, his drab olive coils shifting a bit as he turned to look over at her to explain. "It is the power of our goddess, she provides for us what we need, but she encourages independence and allows us to develop on our own it seems." he said.

Yangfan

The shuttle's pilot, having been informed of the fact that they might be staying for a while, began to organize the food and water supplies remaining on the shuttle. Guarding the shuttle might not be the most exciting of missions, but there were certainly worse options out there.

Mazda and Drake began to make their way back to the Essian settlement, guided by Salmis.

Shina thought about mentioning how the nodal system onboard Yamataian warships served a function similar to the Essians' goddess, but decided to refrain from it.

Henry turned to look at the foods preserved in the icy cavern. "I do not wish to sound impatient, Mr. Issus," he said. "However, I would like to know how long your priests usually take in deliberating important matters such as this."

Tyler

He looked over at Henry, his arms still crossed over his chest as he yawned a bit, a pair of vestigial fangs visible before he finished. "It depends, usually a few mere hours," he said. "But something like this it'll probably be sometime tomorrow. More than likely they'll send an emissary to see what you humans offer."

Drake Starblade

Drake followed Salmis from the clearing that the shuttle was in back into the jungle. They made their way along a small, cramped path. Drake watched as the jungle slowly gave way to civilization and more and more buildings appeared in the dense undergrowth. Man, these snake people sure were one with their surroundings Drake thought to himself as he glanced around. The eventually made it to the tree house, and Salmis went up the pole. The snake-man lowered the platform and Drake stood on it as it slowly went up into the tree. When Drake made it up into the tree he said "Sir, we have the provisions you asked for, where should we put them?"

Yangfan

Henry stood up and nodded. "Let's put them by the wall so we don't trip over them," he said.

With Shina manning the elevator's pulley system, the away team began hauling their supplies up the tree-house. Henry worked along with his soldiers, helping to carry their supplies off the elevator. After a few minutes, a half-dozen plastic parcels labeled "PROPERTY OF THE STAR ARMY OF YAMATAI" lined the walls.

While the work didn't seem to fatigue his subordinates much, Henry was visibly perspiring and short of breath. Given that he was only wearing his underwear and boots, there wasn't much he could remove. To make matters worse, the underwear was drying slowly, and felt warm and clammy against his skin. Henry inspected the supplies, and opened up one of the boxes, taking out a pair of khaki shorts. "Mr. Issus, I don't suppose there is a place around here where a guy can change his clothes in private?" he asked, taking a bottle of water that Shina handed him.

Shina looked at Henry with sympathy. She then scanned the room and took a quick head-count. Besides her, Henry, Motoyama, and Issus, the tree-house was now also occupied by Mazda, Drake, and Salmis. The small room was getting crowded.

Tyler

It was steadily getting less crowded as Salmis departed the scene, going down the pole in snake fashion as Issus moved to follow her. "Change? You mean shedding your outer layer? We have no specifically designated area for that action but you can try the other room there." he pointed to a door that lead to a small guest room almost. "The decision should be in in a few hours, until then feel free to rest or have a look around." he said and departed as well, leaving them to their thoughts.

Inside the tree house it wasn't small by any means, it looked like it was meant for humans and it looked old but fastidiously maintained. It had the food in the icy box on the side, a table in the center and various other things, but they weren't modern, they were almost medieval in architecture.

Yangfan

"Ah, much obliged," said Henry, as he disappeared into the guest room with a few articles of clothing and his rank pin.

A small pang in her stomach told Shina that it was almost time for dinner. She sat back down and didn't mention anything, however, as it would be rude and out of protocol to not wait for Henry.

After stacking the last box of supplies against the wall, Motoyama remained standing at attention, and maintained a perfect posture. He patiently waited for his commanding officer to return.

Mazda leaned a shoulder against a wall, with his wings folded behind him. He looked around the room with some amount of curiosity.

Yangfan

Henry reemerged from the side room a few moments later, wearing sandals, a pair of khaki shorts, and a white T-shirt with his rank pin pinned on it.

"Sir, should we get dinner started?" asked Shina.

Henry shrugged. "If you're hungry, sure. it is too hot for me to have much of an appetite though."

"We have some bread and cold cuts in our supplies," offered Shina helpfully.

"Sounds good," said Henry. "I'll get them." He walked over to the supply boxes, examined them, opened one of them, and, after rummaging about for a while, brought out a loaf of sliced bread and some cold cuts, all sealed in plastic sheets.

Shina retrieved a few bottles of water from another supply parcel, and placed them on the table.

"Dig in, guys," said Henry, dropping the bread and the cold cuts on the table. "No need to be shy…"

Status
Not open for further replies.
RPG-D RPGfix
Back