• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 May and June 2024 are YE 46.4 in the RP.

RP: 4th Fleet (NSN) [Mission 3] Planning Stages

Zack

Inactive Member
36 Hours Later, 1200 Shipboard Time.

“Ok, cool, we have enough people to use this room.” Wazu said as the Junker drones began removing the plastic tarps from the numerous chairs in the theater like briefing room.

After the drama on the course and elsewhere the shore leave was brought to a close. Everyone had some time to sleep, eat, shower, and have some time to them selves before being called up for the briefing.

“Sorry for cutting things short,” Wazu said, standing near a large display screen near the front of the room. “But between malfunctioning soldiers and events throughout the universe we need to start working on our next operation if we are going to make best use of the situation that is developing.”

“A large push is going to be made towards the UOC capital, the specifics of which matter less than the fact that a lot of starships are going to be involved in that operation. This will give us a good opportunity to run around and start bashing things in NMX territory without much worry of reprisal.

While our space assets will be hitting a variety of targets, there are three in particular I would like to discuss. Keep in mind that we will have to pick one of these operations to see to ourselves.

The first is Sbuhfaba, a system that has gone back and forth between Yamatai, the Reds, and the NMX for a while. There are considerable shipyard facilities in this system that we could capture and use to produce additional ships for the fleet. This would involve a space to space attack in power armors to clear out the shipyards command and control centers.

Then there is Tange, it has only a few thousand citizens of the UOC and it is mainly out of the way of the heavy fighting. We could get in and out with minimal threat from NMX starships since they should be drawn to Jiyuu. This is likely to be a cakewalk for us and it could net us some future help from whatever is left of the UOC. The marine ground group will need to protect the landing areas and keep the Civvies from rioting. This will be a defensive, ground based, operation.

Finally there is System 87B, We are not entirely too sure what is here but NMX ships are coming and going very often so it is clearly something important. While the fleet destroys targets in orbit around the primary world, the marine group would head to the surface, gather what Intel it can, and cause as much destruction as possible before leaving. Dust storms and specialized shields keep us from seeing what is on the surface of the primary would so bombardments will have to be called in the old fashioned way. You can expect a fast moving ground based operation here.

What I want from you is your thoughts. We need to decide where we are going to commit this ship and the marines onboard, then determine the best way of going about the operation.”

Naomi was seated somewhere in the back rows of the room, puffing out her increasingly usual heavy cloud of smoke. She was wearing pretty much the uniform she'd had on 36 hours before.

"I'd say we go to Tange," she said, sitting forward and looking at Wazu's large display screen.

"Killing the enemy is nice," she went on. "But, I like helping civilians too, and it could maybe win us new friends."

Her main argument made, she leaned back a bit.

"Besides," she said. "I always wanted to see foreign places."

"Well hayl, I'll agree with the lady on this one. Helping the civvies has gotta earn us a few brownie points." Sawyer said in his drawling voice. Looking at Naomi he said "well ma'am it looks like we're in agreement over what we should do next."

Phaedra sat silently with her arms crossed as she listened to the Admiral lay out the options, and then Sawyer and Naomi as they gave their opinions. She carefully weighed the options that were presented before she decided to speak up confidently.

"The procurement of facilities such as the shipyards of Sbuhfaba are vital to any war effort; they would enhance our production capabilities as well as hinder NMX efforts in that system. Without a doubt, I see Sbuhfaba as the most strategically important of the three operations," said Phaedra.

"However," she said, matching eyes with the other occupants in the room. "Given the relative inexperience of our unit, I recommend we partake of the mission on Tange first, if time and resources permit. This would give us time to prepare for an assault upon the Sbuhfaba shipyards."

Laura spoke up, "Tange. Less chance of complications. Less chance of us coming back battered and bruised. Major targets will require a lot of planning and resources. Our squad alone probably isn't enough to secure the facilities at Sbuhfaba considering their size and crews. So, Tange."

Bernhard kept quiet for a moment, waiting to see if anyone else spoke. "Tange. The shipyards and suspicious activity won't disappear, presumably. But the longer those civilians are stranded, the lower their chances of survival. Hitting either of the other two places won't save them."

Naomi's facial expression was confused for a moment as she turned to regard Private Aubrey's words.

"I guess we are," she said. Then she turned to face Wazu again.

"I guess we got a consensus," she said. "We'll follow orders, but it's lookin' like we all got this idea to go to Tange."

Bernhard noticed the senior Marine's hesitation before replying. He was a doctor, his professional pride depended on such observations. And so far, it seemed that this new Marine seemed rather friendly towards the females in the unit.

Perhaps something that he would need to speak to the Private about. As a medic, of course.

Before Wazu or anyone else could speak, a message beeped in everyone's datajockeys. It was sent from SMoDIN headquarters, here on Nepleslia.

It read:

Attention, all 4th AASP Fleet members.

Admiral Heram J. Wazu has been removed as Officer Commanding 4th AASP Fleet. His successor will be determined shortly. All operations are to cease and all combat units are ordered to return to Nepleslia. All personnel may consider themselves off-duty until a replacement Officer Commanding arrives. All personnel must restrict themselves to the NAM facilities and be readily contactable.

Thank you for your patience,

Lt. Colman
Naval Corps, Personnel Bureau
SMoDIN Headquarters.

Phaedra felt her DataJocky vibrate, and she pulled it out to check the message she just received. After reading the message, Phaedra was shocked, but the surprise did not show on her face. She slowly stood and cleared her throat.

"As of this moment, all operations are suspended. Marines, you may consider yourselves at liberty until further notice," said Phaedra, scanning the faces in the briefing room.

Phaedra approached Wazu and stood at ease.

"Admiral. Is there something I should know, sir?" she whispered.

"Huh, well hayle then guess I should go talk to the medics, never got a chance to meet those two earlier." Sawyer said to himself, then suited actions to words and walked across the briefing room, after walking over to the male and female medic and said to them "good day sir and ma'am ahm P3C sawyer aubrey, figgered ahd come on over here and introduce myself to's ya'll since ah din't get to while we's were out on that little field trip thing" as his normally only slightly notable accent thickened heavily.

"What'd he say?" Laura asked Bernhard, completely puzzled.

"His name's Sawyer Aubrey, and he's saying hello. Bernhard Greer, drop the sir and ma'am stuff. We're the same rank," the male medic replied to Laura then Sawyer.

She frowned, "I want him to call me 'Ma'am'..." Bernhard sighed and placed a hand Sawyer's shoulder, "Aubrey, your sanity is about to disappear now that she's found out about you...Good luck."

"Nice to meet you bernhard, and as for sanity, well that's a relative thing there. At least if she wants me to call her ma'am I can continue to do so. We may be the same rank but she is a lady and is therefore worthy of being called ma'am by me. It is just a respect thing for me" Sawyer drawled. "May I inquire into your name madame?" He said looking at Laura.

Being called "ma'am" and "madame" brought a huge grin to Laura's face. "See? He's a nice person, completely willing to acknowledge my greatness and be my minion! Why can't you be more acquiescing like him?" she shot at Bernhard while pointing at Sawyer.

The man shrugged. "I'll leave you two to it then. I'll handle the paperwork since you hate that more," he said and walked off to catch up on his reading before actually starting the medical reports.

"Alright! You can do the medical inventory for me! And then sanitize the operating table and then we can go pester Bernie more!" she squealed happily, grabbing Sawyer's arm and dragging him with her.

"Holy hell" Sawyer said as he was dragged along by the fairly attractive lady. "Uhm, ma'am I really don't think I have the requisite expertise to do the sanitizing since my version of sanitizing a surface normally involves large quantities of a flammable or explosive substance. I don't think you want me to completely erase that part of the med-bay. I was hoping to just talk to you and get to know you a little better since we are going to be busy working together on this next mission and on all further ones. However for such a lovely lady as yourself I'd be more than willing to do the inventory for you. I'm good at inventorying things especially weapons."

"If you don't want me to set your med-bay on fire then you'll have to tell me how you want me to sanitize your op table" Sawyer said to Laura.

"Really? Even a caveman could do it." She pointed to the operating table and handed him a cloth and a bottle of cleaning alcohol. "You soak the towel in alcohol and get wiping. Once it's been wiped clean, you're done. Easier than cleaning any gun!"

"Fair enough" he replied as he grabbed the towel and the bottle. He soaked it in the alcohol and commenced scrubbing the table like his life depended on it. This was one of the first attractive women in the squad to talk to him and give him something to do so he was doing his damnedest to impress her with how well he cleaned it. After scrubbing the table until it shone silver he went to her again and asked "so ma'am where is the supply cabinet so I can take care of doing the inventory for you? And so for later what may I ask is your name?"

"Eh? I thought you knew my name. Laura Romero, the MOST BRILLIANT MEDIC IN THE UNIVERSE! Even Bernie doesn't dispute that!" Laura declared loudly.

"Glad to finally have a name to put with such a beautiful face. Good to hear that we have the MOST BRILLIANT MEDIC IN THE UNIVERSE to take care of us if we get screwed up on this next mission by some strange twist of fate," Sawyer said.

"Thank you, thank you. You need to give Bernie lessons in flattery. Now the stuff is all here," she said, leading him to the shelves of medical equipment. "I'll read out each item and you let me know how much there is. Okay?"

"Sounds just fine to me Miss Pretty Laura" He said as he started looking at all the items. "Whatever you say 'MOST BEAUTIFUL MEDIC IN THE UNIVERSE'" he said with a wry grin stretching his face a bit.

"That's a new one," she giggled. Slowly, they went down the list, checking each necessary item. As much as she liked goofing around, it was something they needed to get done before they embarked on the mission. If they embarked on the mission. Laura wasn't going to let Bernhard scold her for not making sure they had enough anaesthetics when they had to operate on Avel's brain.

Finally, "All done!" Laura exclaimed happily. "Now... what shall we do to annoy Bernie?" she asked mischievously.

"Hmm, I'm not sure, you know him better, what things worry him or bother him a lot?" Sawyer replied to her, with a sneaky grin on his face he said "Not only are you amazingly lovely you have a deviously sexy mind as well." He winked at her after that statement. "Shall we go annoy 'bernie' as you call him?"

"I have an idea. He gets uncomfortable when you show him naughty things. Take this datapad," she handed Sawyer a datapad, "and ask him which scene he thinks I should do."

"Ok lovely one, do you want to follow me to see his reaction?" he replied before taking the datapad and running off to find bernhard.

"I'll be waiting right outside, keep his door open so I can listen in," she grinned, following Sawyer.

------------------

Bernhard Greer was bent over the datajockeys with crew medical reports. He had spent the last hour at his desk in his quarters. The minutia of the job really bored him at times like this. But it was necessary for someone like him to be able to recall the details. Suddenly, a beep alerted him to someone outside. "Come in," he said absently, still focused on the medical reports. The door slid open.

Sawyer hustled into the room "excuse me doctor greer but I think you need to look at this" he said acting as if he was out of breath from sprinting his way here. "I think you need to watch the information that is contained on here and let me know what you think Laura should do." 'For that matter I'm curious as to which one she'd like to do' he thought to himself 'not even sure what is on here.'

Bernhard looked totally confused as he tore his eyes away from the datajockeys. The datapad started playing scenes from a bad sex film. Some of the scenes blew Bernhard's mind as to how they were physically possible. "I... What?! She wants to do something from here?! What's going on?" he exclaimed, utterly lost as he watched the scenes.

"Honestly doc, I don't know I was just told that she wanted to do one of them I just thought I should let you know. Thought it was somewhat important" He said to Berhard with a totally deadpan expression on his face. Sitting behind that expression was a little man with a big assed grin on his face laughing his ass of at bernhard's discomfiture 'well that was certainly worth seeing his expression.'

Outside, Laura savoured every moment of Bernhard's near-panic. Now for the next phase of her plan. She stripped down her underwear and walked in, slowly, a sly grin on her face. "Well, Bernie? Which one would you like to do with me?"

RPG-D RPGfix
Back