• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 May and June 2024 are YE 46.4 in the RP.

RP: 4th Fleet (NSN) [Mission 4.41] A New Leg

"Ok ma'am, I think I can do the 2 days since we have on base liberty for the next 2 days but then we have to get back to training for the next operation," Sawyer replied looking at the top of the doc's head. "Guess I'll have to use the wheelchair still then for the trip to the bar that is being arranged," he said with a slight laugh.

Belyra nodded again and took the leg back from Alex, lining it up roughly with the stump and making a few adjustments by sight. "Well, you could use it now if you have to, I just don't recommend it. The little stuff helps in the long run." That said, she got her tools out. "Want anesthetic?"

"Probably a good idea ma'am, I can take a good bit of pain but I think I'd prefer not to feel this operation" Sawyer replied as he looked at the leg and pondered his future modifications to it.

So he will take anesthetic. That was good idea, he might be tough marine, but needless pain would not give him anything. Not like he has to prove himself or keep face in front of tiny doctor and Alexandra. Alex walked to medical cabinet and opened it.

"Would local anesthesy suffice ma'am? Nolern maybe?" She asked, it was doctors call, but she can help by at least getting it.

"That should do the job. Unless of course he wants to just get knocked out entirely, which can be arranged." Belyra gestured for Alex to go right ahead with the anesthetic, not really wanting to deal with a Marine who might not overly like needles. "In all honesty, it won't hurt too much. That's the point of staying off of it, it lets you bond without too much pain."

"It's ok ma'am a local will work just fine" Sawyer said as he waited for them to continue the operation. "I understand why I should stay off the leg," he said.

"This will sting a bit mate," Alex said as she put the drug into hypospray and moved to Sawyer and flicked the tip of the needle. She pressed a little and liquid oozed from the tip to keep all the air from the needle. She then injected it one two places around the wound. She made sure to inject muscles, since Nolern was not supposed to get into bloodstream.

"Dont't get startled you will loose all feeling around the stump." She said with formal tone in her voice. Now it was less fun and more bussiness. Medicine was serious thing, jokers could make people killed.

Belyra gave the anesthetic a few moments to do it's work before she got to work, quickly going through the many times practiced motions of attaching the leg. It wasn't an overly complicated process, when it was just a limb, so the entire process might take 5 minutes, depending on any of a dozen factors. "So, you guys have shore leave? Any particular reason, or just been a while since they let you guys loose?"

"Yes, ma'am we have shore leave, it's in part because of how we did while on Tange when we were rescuing civilians" Sawyer replied leaving out how it got significantly reduced by the actions of some of the marines during the debriefing.

"I heard only good things about Tange." Alex said, since it was from town before she was part of 4th fleet. She was still on Francia back then. It made her remember Suku, Anselm and others. She sighed and waited. If doctor needed any help from her she will ask.

Belyra nodded in a very distracted manner as she worked, quickly adjusting the new leg to it's new owner's body. "I didn't have much work after that mission, and that's always a good thing, to be sure. I heard you guys got interviewed by the Admiral after this last mission though, and that's not usually a good thing, is it?"

"No ma'am it's not a good thing, we had issues on the last mission from conflicting orders and a number of us got in trouble for it" Sawyer replied to her question.

"Well ma'am it was the ussual." Alex said, while watching doctor work. She was obvisouly very skilled and proficient. "Whenever the mission fails, throw the blame on marines." She said and smirked.

Belyra nodded again, obviously only half-listening. "That's normal though. Crap rolls downhill, and all of that. What happened with the orders though, was it actually a problem, or just idiocy?"

Alex looked doctor in the face. She though for a while before continuing.

"Well ma'am." She started. "Orders were pretty cleary and they were listened to mostly. What made us fail our mission was the lack of intelligence. We were going in blind, trying to get small base, while it was some sort of weapons factory. We got our butts kicked and were lucky to get out." She explained to the doctor. Alex could not go into detail, but that was not needed anyway.

"There was also a bit of a debacle over ammunition types selected by members of the squad, regardless of the fact that that selection is more than likely what ensured the survival of the squad in the face of the enemy concentrations" Sawyer said as he watched the doctor work on his new leg.

Belyra hummed faintly under her breath, still making small, seemingly meaningless adjustments to the prosthetic she was attaching. "Sounds like it could've gone either way, then. Follow orders, and get hurt, or ignore orders, and get reprimanded."

Alexandra was looking into doctor's face. She seemed to be more on the marines side of things. It could be possible, because she was the one tending their wounds after all, but she might be just frank.

"Why don't you come for a few drinks tonight Doctor?" Alex then asked, she would not mind talking more with the doctor. "You could meet the rest of Cavaliers." She said.

"That sounds like a good idea ma'am, probably should let the others get to meet the doc who'll be putting them back together should they get blown to hell themselves, might make them a little bit more comfortable with knowing that they may end up having to get prosthetics" Sawyer said after Alex made her suggestion.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back