• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 May and June 2024 are YE 46.4 in the RP.

RP: NSS Acadia [Mission 4]: Heads of the Beast

"Fuck me." The Chief slumped down on one of the seats, taking an opportunity to throw away and light yet another cigarette. Suddenly, the lack of depth perception finally went noticed by him, as well as the terrible swelling in his left eye region.

Instinctively, the Chief raised a right hand to touch his left eye, pulling it back and looking at the small patches of coagulating blood that were left on his cybernetic limb.

Annoyed at the loss of yet another important appendage, the Chief shouted "Someone get this fucking train moving!"

Henry eventually got his arse moving with the others towards the train, exchanging small talk about nothing in particular. Once he and the rest of the team got to the station and got on the train on the Chief's orders, he was about sit himself down when the Chief called for some movement.

"Alright, I'll give it a look," Henry said as he started heading towards the front of the train and found the Driver's cockpit. He opened the spare door to it by sawing the lock away and looked at the instruments.

"Hrm," He contemplated as he looked the buttons, "I don't speak Train, but I'm sure I can get something figured out," He grumbled as he started to look at the buttons that were labelled.

He idly pressed the "Lights" button, but realised that there was no power to the train, and he needed a set of keys to get the power going. So he decided it'd be prudent to give it a bit of a kludge and get the power going in a less than legal way.

Once the power was going, the lights came to life on the train as the electricity returned. However, upon doing so, the Monorail was punctuated with a loud clunk as the monorail connected to the tracks, which were unmagnetised.

The sounds of a very angry tech sentry spewing technology cantered profanities could be heard through the train, each curse punctuated by the sounds of percussive maintenance.
Eventually, with the power of frenzied experimentation and yelling, the track got the signal to magnetise and get going, and the Monorail was ready to go.

Henry then scratched his head, "How do I drive this?" He pondered as he requested the information on how to drive a monorail train in a hurry.

Pulling the sling of the GSAR over her shoulder, Phaedra followed Viktor onto the train and assisted in the embarking of wounded personnel and vital supplies. After several moments of false starts and electrical problems, the power to the train came online. Phaedra stood at the door to the car as the last passengers boarded the train, her eyes watchful for any last-ditch attempts by the Mishhu to attack their location.

With all of his frenzied work on the console, Henry had knocked the lever slightly upward, causing the doors on the monorail to close and the tracks to magnetize, slowly accelerating the train forward along the tracks. A mechanical voice then boomed out over loudspeakers inset into the ceilings of the cars.

“Next Stop Senate Station.”

RPG-D RPGfix
Back