• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 April 2024 is YE 46.3 in the RP.

RP: YSS Eucharis [Mission 7.2 Side Story] Desperados

Status
Not open for further replies.
The atmosphere within the room was heated up as the two XOs exchanged their concerns over the mission, which Nika silently sat, eating her taco, which came just as it started. Both sides were honest, yet truthful comments, however, when it came down to the battlefield itself, one may need to provide a decisive decision...

"Everyone came back in one piece, that's all that matters..." Nika silently commented to herself as she munched on the taco, with Hanako managed to keep the two heated officers 'under control'.

It was then her ears picked up the voice of a new member seated beside Junko, who was trying to get the latters attention.

demibear said:
"Am I the only infantryman here?"

"So far only you and..." Nika looked around, noting the other neko seated next to Ramiro, "...her I suppose..." She gestured Kim's location to Mikael, "And I apologise on behalf of my colleague..." Nika turned to look at Junko, "She had just went through a very rough event."

Sean_ODuibher said:
"Sorry. I'm not being very sociable, am I?"

"You had taken it well Junko-san." Nika smiled back, finishing her taco, "If its not for you, we would not have gotten out of there in one piece." She sighed, taking glances at the officers and back, "If sharing your views isn't the right time, you might want to do it tommorrow." She took another good sip of the wine punch, letting the liquid flowed down her throat, "This is not bad at all, however, rather tangy." She grinned.

Free from Sune's internal debates, Misaki smiled at him, "Not even a smile? You're either very tired or are too serious, Sune-hei." She offered, getting another pour from the pitcher nearest to herself. Despite everything, she didn't seem heated, and went back to eating her rice. The bugs were the most obvious reason, she didn't think she'd needed to explain it to Hamada, which made her doubt things were going to get much better.

She had to consider not all of the team knew how to run a ship of the size in combat, or ships at all. Exhaling out smoothly, she looked to Nika, and found herself smiling. "It's one of my favourite drinks for a reason. It's got a sweet mix in, if they make it with the right fruit too. I'm still no good at mixing them on my own." The officer admitted, then picked up her second taco.

"Thankfully, Kurosora-hei is a demolitions expert. That is a valuable skill on many different missions, she'll augment our other infantryman well I think? Despite her rank she has heavy combat experience."

In fact, Misaki was planning on dragging off the Taisa to bed, for the first, and then the second, the latter being that they both needed sleep. She had been so excited she had none on the short trip on the Elfin Princess to the Eucharis. Still, she wanted more than anything to leave the life behind long enough to enjoy the former. It had been gnawing at her since she sat on the bridge at the battle.

"It depends when we wake up." The XO replied, a hint of a smile tugging at her glass for another drink. "Shopping would be nice. Would the hotel have complimentary clothing or..? Or seeing a play, maybe. There's always getting some new dye programs for my accessories. You know, come to think of it, there's always going to the beach. Aomori?" It was one of the destinations on Yamatai. In truth, Kurusu had never been there once, but when she was in training years before a lot of the stoic sisters she had even wanted to visit someday.

Sune have Misaki a wane smile, "With all due respect ma'am, it is Jalen-Hei. And it has been a very long and trying day. So rather than continuing to disappoint you by not responding to your attempts at jocularity; I believe I shall take my leave."

With that he stood and turned to Hanako. "Thank you for the dinner Taisa. With your permission I believe I have had enough fun for one evening. I presume that since we are still without our personal effects that quarters have been arranged. I wish to go avail myself of a quiet room, and a soft bed." He said as he executed a bow appropriate to her station. He then turned smartly and made his way to the door.

"I am going to get everyone issued a new Type 30B uniform in the appropriate sizes and colors," Hanako told Sune, "They should be there by tomorrow morning. The hotel should also have toiletry kits for us. Talk to me sometime tomorrow about changing occupations," she said.

"We ought to turn in for the night," she told the others, "It has been a long day."

Shizu snuck another look over Hanako out of the corner of her eye.

She was weighing the probability that she would actually be able to speak with the Taisa, tonight. Idly, the Taii rubbed her thumb against the cool glass. This time, she would just have to trust. The Taisa was a Taisa. Surely she would see the importance?

Anyway, it seemed as if the captain's order to stay had expired, so carefully she stood up out of her seat and bowed. Shizu left her drink on the table, though.

"With your permission, Ketsurui-Taisa?"

Konoka noticed her nose had stopped bleeding. She'd stayed shutted up this whole time becauce a) she was thinking about her too-frantic performance today and b) Sune had added the necessary medic report already and c) an enlisted medic with a bloody nose has no place to really speak when the officers were talking....though if Konoka had said anything, it would probably have been about conflict resolution or that the crew was a big, happy family. She'd noticed there were new friends to meet (new crewmembers), and she'd speak to them tomorrow, when she wasn't so...hmm...she yawned...sleepy....

At least she'd tried the mysterious burrito: It was excellent. She noted that early on in the discussion she'd been commended for her hard work, which made her smile happily even if she herself believed she could have kept a much cooler head. She muttered sing-songily under her breath, "Everything will be all smiley in the mornin'...." Sleepily, she tripped again, and exhausted, made her way to the door, waving at....people. Whoever waved back. Konoka was too tired to even worry, anyway. Hopefully she could sleep soon, she was thinking as she made her exit, tripping one last time.

"Let me go with you," Hanako said, giving Misaki's shoulder an affectionate squeeze before getting up and following Hamada towards the exit. She stopped briefly to pay for everything. The cost of nearly twenty people's meals and drinks really added up, but Hanako was not poor; she even gave the servers a generous gratuity.

After helping Konoka off the cobblestone sidewalk, Hanako led the way to the hotel next door. "What did you want to talk about?" she asked, while the clerk gave them their room keys.

Darnell sighed and put his glove back on, leaving the crane napkin. He stood up, and said to Blueberry, "It appears everyone is leaving, so you can't have objections now." He stood up, "You are still welcome to come."

He stood up and watched on of his crew mates do a dance of drink and sleep until falling down. He couldn't but help think of it as unbecoming. He waited for her to get up and walk out before leaving himself, turning the opposite direction from the rest.

He was heading to the labs and offices of the Star Army rather than his bed. He looked at the sky and wondered what they would be like out there. He wasn't particularly optimistic. But they didn't seem an ill intentioned lot so he could deal with them as long as they didn't get him killed.

He turned around to get another look at the group filling into the street.

"I can come just fine on my own," Blueberry joked, grinning. "See you later. Don't miss our ship's departure!"

Darnell smiled at her joke, "Ah, but its so much better with two. Or three." When she said not miss their departure, he said, "Wouldn't miss it, Blueberry-tomo*."

Then he walked away and as he turned he saw Blueberry and noticed the Captain squeezing one of the officers in an overly friendly manner. The women from this Empire really are something. Flashbang is giving their modesty too much credit. That wasn't a mark against them, it was just a note.

He turned and departed for the laboratory. First he would get what he had received from the officer tested to make sure it wasn't something like a bomb or contained a virus. If it did, he could turn around and have the officer arrested, with what she had given him as proof.

It was something Darnell had learned back on Nepleslia, you always took bribes, you always took things like this, even if you had no intention of following through with them. It allowed you to turn around and do more damage that way. If he had just said no and it was a bomb, then she might have given it to someone else or at least an enemy element would have still existed. If it was something bad, he would be able to neutralize and present proof of infiltration.

He disappeared around a corner and into a large building. He walked up to a particular office and used the intercom to talk to the people inside, "Excuse me, I've got something suspicious I'd like to have something processed."

*Friend, again, means something like "My buddy Blueberry".

Misaki sat about, nursing her sangria for a while, until she couldn't fight her feelings any longer. "I'm going to say good night now. I'll see you all sooner than later. Have a nice leave if not before then." The XO smiled, bowed slightly, and strode off to the hotel. I have to see to this. She thought to Kurusu, taking as deep breaths as one could without being stared at.

I hope they're through. I have some non-ship things to do... The Nekovalkryja thought while heading towards the hotel.

Ramiro sat in his seat, quietly eating his meal and drinking up some boose. He didn't really like large crowds and didn't fit in very well with them. He listened to what was being said around the room, only half processing the information. Once he was finished eating and couldn't drink anymore he stood up, excused himself, and started out of the restaurant.

Junko smiled at Himeya. "I appreciate the vote of confidence, Himeya-hei," she said, watching the debriefing slowly disintegrate. It didn't take much longer for the gathering to seem quite thoroughly broken up. "If you'll excuse me, I would like to get a breath of fresh air before I retire for the night. I will likely be just outside should you wish to join me." Bowing her head to those left in the room, she slipped out of her seat and through the restaurant. Her communicator chimed in notification of a received priority message, but the weariness she had felt before had returned. And so, numb and ignoring reality for a moment, Junko pushed open the establishment's door in hope of finding a little calm.

Nika nodded silently at Misaki as she continued drinking her wine punch. She knew that her Nekovalkyrja body can handle alcohol as good as others, however, fatigue reduced the resistance greatly, thus the caution to take it in large volumes within a short time.

Finally, the debriefing came to an end, with the officers leaving first, then several others. Nika lingered for abit more, finally finished her drink before heading out, excusing herself to the others.

"Junko-san should still be outside..." The neko hoped to meet as she exited the building, whom she did until her communicator beeped...

With alcohol still running within her head, Nika fumbled for her communicator as she walked toward Junko. With the electronic device in her hand finally, she activated it and began reading...

At first she blinked and shook her head, not believing what she had seen and read as she was still alcohol influenced. Nika rubbed her eyes with her free hand and stared hard at every word displayed in front of her again, eyes widening in surprise.

"Junko-san~" Nika ran to Junko, almost tripping from an uneven slab on the pavement, "Take a look at this!" She held the communicator in front of the latter, "I hoped my eyes aren't deceiving me."

Junko took the communicator and stared at it with apathy until some of the text caught her eyes. Then, alternating between widening her eyes as much as they could and squeezing them tightly shut, she tried to make out, if not comprehend, the orders. She handed the device back to Himeya with a little defeated shake of her head. "I'm entirely too tired to make out what this is." It was not just an excuse to the neko beside her; indeed, though she could tell that she had received a promotion Junko really could not process the information. "Really, I am sorry, Himeya-hei. Please let me know if anything needs immediate attention, but otherwise I'll have to try reading that again in the morning. I'm going to go get a room, if you want to come," she said, gesturing at the hotel nearby. Yawning openly, Junko trudged off in search of a bed.

It meant to be something of immediate attention to the neko, but it seemed that her colleague/friend was not in the mood to actually processed the information given. Nika nodded with a sigh as she kept the communicator, mentally reminded herself the need to reply the message once she got a good rest, while following Junko towarded the hotel.

Remaining persons slowly filtered out of the restaurant until finally Vincent announced they had to close for the night. "You don't have to go home but you can't stay here!" he cheerfully grinned.

(OOC: Topic closed. Please continue in 7.2 "Sorting It Out.")

Status
Not open for further replies.
RPG-D RPGfix
Back