• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at stararmy@gmail.com or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy

RP: ISC Phoenix [Mission 8] Dawning Concerns

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seiren, having watched the proceedings for a while while contemplating various purchases, decided it was in his best interests to try out one of the products he was interested in. Namely, the LEAF. Foolishly, he didn't really think of it until the shuttle had taken them away to the battle zone. Seiren had still suited up in an Impulse and had a Fatboy with all the attatchments, but it was just a tad bit big for him.

Code:
 Mr. Smith,
Heeeey. Any chance you could call for them to bring a LEAF or a LAAW over here? I'm interested in trying one for buying.
-Seiren, the one in the shorter armor in the back.

He apparently didn't know the meaning of the phrase, "Now is a bad time."

"I dunno why we're waiting out here. I'll go ahead and takes the bait."

Enzo smiled and squeezed ahead of everyone. He wasn't wearing the Impulse Armor that was set aside for him, but he had his accessory frogs loaded up with different accuturements for the ensuing firefight. He had gathered a few SEP's, ODMs, and all the magazines and batteries he could fit onto his bandoleer without weighing himself down too much. He was ready for a stamina fight.

He readied the Peashooter and held it high. His face twisted oddly as he hefted it around, feeling for its weight, looking down its sights, trying to imagine its recoil. He still couldn't get a feel for it. Without warning, he fired two shots into the ground in front of his feet before switching out the magazine with a full one and walking towards the open door. He looked back at the crew one more time while he lit a cigarette and then rolled under the nearby broken shutter and onto the factory floor.

He held the Peashooter in one hand and a SEP in the other as he beckoned his opponent, his legs springy and ready to lunge out of the way of the predicted strike. His fingers were firmly planted inside the trigger guards of his weapon as his voice echoed through the darkened factory floor.

"Hey, lady! I'm here to pick yous up for our date. I gots some shit I wanna puts inside yous!"

The two rounds fired into the ground smashed into concrete before exploding, sending jagged bits of cement and debris and into the air. Fortunately, it hurt nobody, but still made a near deafening blast. As the dust settled, a pair of craters emerged from the chalky fog.

Code:
 "Hope you like your new toy Enzo."

A second message was sent to Seiren

Code:
No can do Seiren. Without a short bit of training, it's out of the question. No worries though. You'll get your chance.

A map of the large factory floors was quickly uploaded to their heads up displays. Smith then casually strode in after Enzo, 17mm raised in the air like a plaything; the Rep's eyes were concealed by a black tint while a slight, thin smile was slapped onto his face where his mouth should have been. He called out to the din.

"Helloooo~"

The Elysian's powerful legs made quick work of the door, smashing it off of its hinges and into the wall at least thirty feet away. It was stuck against the wall for a moment, before falling forward and revealing that there was a little Anger splattered behind it, rolling its eyes in disbelief and very much stunned by the impact.

This was promptly punctuated by Enzo's two shots blasting it into a splattered mess of black puddles. The puddles moved around frantically before coming to rest in one large, pulsating lump.

Uriel was quick to notice that most of the machinery had been damaged in some way, and the products sabotaged. This factory appeared to be working on firearms, as a half-assembled Fatboy lay on the floor near Uriel's feet indicated, flung from across the room.

Other than that, the area exuded a chilling silence. Melissa came stomping in, armour and all, taking a look around with a look of concern due to a lack of visible foe.

"I hate it when they hide," She grunted. She looked around and noticed near the wall that Uriel's door had hit that there was a trail of blood heading that way, accompanied by black stains. This lead towards the Reception.

Above everyone's heads were the catwalks and the ventilation systems. The catwalks were easily accessible with some stairs nearby, whilst the vents would require a climb or something to pull down the service ladder.

Eventually, a map of the parameter was forwarded to everyone's suits. Only Panther couldn't see this, due to his lack of armour.

Code:
          VENTS - - - - - + - - - - VENTS
            |             |            |
            |             |            |
        CATWALKS - - - - -|- - - - CATWALKS
            |    \        |      /     |
            |       \     |    /       |
OUTSIDE - FLOOR - - - CAUSEWAY - - ASSEMBLY - DEPOT
         (TEAM!)                       |    (ORISEC)
            |                          |
      RECEPTION - - -  OFFICE     PACKAGING
                     /        \        |
                   /            \      |
             REC-ROOM            TESTING
It became apparent that these things could be anywhere in this building, and injuring one of them required a door being smashed in their face. To the team's right was the Reception, whilst right in front of them was the causeway and storage. Further away was the assembly area.

Past the assembly area, the Orisec team could be spotted, getting the roller doors open.

At the Floor, where the team was, there was no ample cover, and the pulsating lump that was an Anger had reformed into its four foot tall hominid.
It roared in anger, leaping towards Uriel with its claws bared, attempting to tear the Elysian's face off.

Melissa attempted to fire at it, armed with an infantry sniper rifle. Firing from the hip proved to be an ineffective tactic, the bolt of energy whizzed past the Anger, and smashed the wall of the office building, "Damnit," She cursed.

The Anger's roar was greeted with another, similar cry for war. On the catwalks above, there was another one of them attempting to leap down on top of Enzo's head.

Everyone could hear it coming, and everyone had a moment to act.

-

Meanwhile, back at the shipyard on a different part of the station, Luca did want the tour to continue, but he knew something was going on, and he promised he'd meet them and lead them.
"All I want to know is if any of the cargo space can be converted into a hangar and fit an old Vampire Class cruiser in it - that's all," Luca seemed anxious to get back to his crew.

John looked at Luca, "So, does that mean Hitori and I continue the tour if you're going?"
Sebastian looked over to John and nodded, "I think it's best for him to go."
John sighed, "Of all people, the captain should know what his ship does," He poked Luca accusingly.
"And he must look out for his crew too!" He replied, poking back.

He then swivelled over to Aerin, "Just give me one of those hover cars, manual control with directions to my team, maybe some extra guns, and I'll be set," Urgency candied his words. He then mumbled for a moment, thinking about what to do after that, "I'll make up the rest as I go after and hope for the best."

He was looking out the window, and trying to look towards the warehouse, clenching his knuckles until they went white. He was missing out, and he wanted in.

Uriel surveyed quietly, taking extra precaution to ignore Enzo's ridiculously stupid behavior and focus on taking everything in. That led his eyes straight to the little puddle of roiling hatred. It lunged. The Elysian simultaneously took a half-step back and fired twice with the Fatboy.

Now he was on high alert, scanning for more enemies. If Enzo was anything close to the hotshot he wished he was, his assailant would be no problem. No, Hisshana was looking for others: in the vents maybe? Or the catwalks? Certainly there would be ambushes at every bend and in ever nook. *While doing so, he sheathed his Xiphos: it would be no good against the dark little masses, perhaps even make things worse. Now he gripped his weapon with both hands

*EDIT

That midget could be dangerous but Uriel was in Impulse and he was experenced fighter, so Zeta was not really worried about him. The little beast on the catwalks could be bigger problem. If it didn't roared they probably wouldn't know about it.

Zeta raised her humongous rifle, aimed on the thing and fired. "Let's see what this baby can do,! she thought for herself.

Robert turned to look at the creature coming down at them just as Zeta fired. He raised his fatboy and fired at the creature. "How many of these things are in here do you think Zeta?" he asked while tracking the creature.

Naoko surveyed the situation, quickly scanning the room with her eyes before refocusing on the two known enemies. Even though her knee-jerk reaction was to fire, she shouldered the buttless SmAR - firing wildly into the fray, with the way the Angers were lunging at people, would probably just get someone killed. Panicing would do worse. Years of programming and infantry action had taught her better than that!

Mobility was the key to warfare. They needed to start moving, and keep moving, otherwise the things would gather and with the way it looked, they weren't going to die to just a few energy pistol blasts. Too many of them would overwhelm the group. It was time to set up a flank. Naoko settled her attention on the door to the office, past the reception room. Primary objective was to destroy the angers - secondary objective was to save as many survivors as possible. The video that she had seen earlier - that had to be the office. According to the floor plan, it was the only room in the area that would have that particular floor layout. While they were being holed up here, someone was dying in the office. Or was, perhaps, already dead.

'I'm heading to the office,' she sent off. Engaging her anti-grav, Naoko left the floor, hefted the axe, and propelled herself forward at bullet speed with the edge leading.

Whatever was in the reception probably wasn't going to stand much of a chance.

Aerin sighed, Issuing several mental commands, and sorting through a few bits of information. "I suppose if things go bad enough by keeping you here, there won't be a reason for a new ship." she mused, before continuing "I really didn't need something like this again, not after what happened a few weeks ago..." The Yamataian woman shook her head, her black hair flowing back and forth, showing off the green streaks near the tips.

"Just take my Advent, it's the only non-Orisec vehicle on the station that can override safety protocols. There should be plenty of weapons on the shuttle your team took over there, but it will still be a good five minutes at the fastest speed you can go without killing yourself." Aerin threw her Keys to the mercenary, and then Blew him a kiss good luck. "It's the green one, don't trash it."

The OriSec team Quickly made their way in, after having gone through the warehouse, which was thankfully unaccosted at the moment, but the large cargo doors obviously meant it might be difficult to defend the spot. The leader, a tiny, dark-skinned, Purple-haired girl, looking to be about 9 years old herself, had pulled out an SEP and a Little Killer, and was directing most of the team to try and form a perimeter and try their best to keep the damage under control. they split off into pairs, and began moving, searching for any signs of targets, on high alert.

If anyone cared to notice, the tiny girl's partner appeared to be a giant with a metal jaw.

The massive man with the metal jaw cracked his neck, grinding his silvery metal teeth together in the movement. With the way he seemed to surveyed the situation, his steely blue eyes gathering up the details, and troop movements, he looked to be like some sort of stalwart general running with the front-line soldiers.. Yet, he was dressed as any other OriSec member, so he did not look any more important than his stature gave reason to believe.

Though, unlike the rest, he carried three weapons. One was a regular .45 caliber Zen Arms pistol at his waist, the other two were Chubby's(Front-loader Fat-boys), one in his hands, the other slung under his shoulder. In the hands of this giant, the Fat Boy variant seemed more like an automatic laser pistol.

"What is the situation, Lieutenant Commander?" respectfully said the giant to his short and apparently superiorly-ranked cohort.

Smith's lips parted to reveal a toothy, ear to ear grin while his brows came together in a furious furrow. The 17mm in his hand raised up to the non-existent sky as the Rep's head cocked to the side; the weapon barked fury, a bright star shaped flash punctuating the departure of each curiously aimed round which hurtled towards the Anger coming from above. A low laugh escaped from his mouth, and as he slowly walked forward, firing at so much as any little bit of Anger, it evolved into an insane cackle, it's crescendo reached as the Neko flew away.

"Thanks!" Luca said as he took the keys, he assured Aerin that, "I'll return it with a full tank." He then proceeded give Aerin a respectful handshake and gave Hitori a peck on the cheek before leaving the ship.
"Look at him go," John shrugged as he swivelled back to the controls, "So anyway, about this ship.

He then jumped into the Advent car and landed firmly in the drivers seat. He plunged the keys into the keyhole and gave it a firm turn, to get the engine started.
"Ho ho ho hoooo yeah," He grinned as he let the engine roar for a bit, and the radio came on with some thumping jazz-rock, accompanied by screaming lyrics. He then proceeded to blitz off into the distance and towards the factory, as directions showed up in the car's dashboard.

The team then had a good look at the cargo bay, giving an indifferent shrug to all of the space in the room.
"So, yeah," John asked Aerin as he scratched his chin, "Is it possible to convert some cargo space into hangar space?" He put his hands out to measure a rough distance, "'bout as big as a Vampire Class Cruiser should do.

-

Meanwhile, at the destination - the crackle and zap of Origin's weapons could be heard as Robert and Uriel fired towards the Anger that was trying to claw the Elysian's face to pieces.
The Energy weapons seemed to harm the Anger and do some visible damage, burning away chunks of flesh, but it didn't stop it from latching onto the Elysian's chest and attempting to slash through it with claws - visibly marking the armour.

Zeta's big gun had a markedly different effect on the one falling towards Enzo. The plasma instead burned a sizeable hole through the Anger, tearing off its left arm and left leg, making what was left of it fall at an awkward angle. It managed to grab onto Enzo's shoulder with its spare hand, but its other limbs fell to the floor with a wet thud.

It then attempted to start chewing on his right shoulder while using his spare arm to latch onto his back, not mourning the loss of his limb.
If Enzo acted quickly, he could blast the crime-against-nature in the head with his SEP with minimal damage to himself - save the biting.

Naoko moved into the reception area. In front of her was a desk with a body sitting at, sans limbs and face down on the paperwork. The blue/green weave rug stained with blood. However, the trail of blood she was following didn't lead to the desk - instead they seemed to stop. Looking up would yield a hole in the ceiling, leading to the second floor. The office was quiet, save for the dull hum of computer monitors and ventilation.

Mr. Smith's foray forward into the battlefield was noticed by Melissa, who found it prudent to follow him. She blinked for a moment, sighing at the madman apparent into the Causeway. His arrival into the area was punctuated by his shots going wide and causing a hell of a blast, rattling the building and kicking up a cloud of dust.

"Oi, nutter," She asked as she caught up with Mr. Smith, who appeared to be on his own nut, "Quit yer laughin' and keep yer eyes open!"
She had her eyes on the catwalks above. She groaned and gave Mr. Smith a firm boot in the arse for him to snap out of it.

She then looked dead ahead towards the Depot, past the humdrum of the assembly machinery, after the dust settled, and noticed humanoid figures in armour approaching.

"Hullo..." She mused with a smile. At least she knew she had backup available, then she realised that her talk would take a bit more meaning as she noticed a piece of machinery get flung in her general direction, missing her and Mr. Smith by metres.

The OriSec team were getting an eyeful of three of the gleeful little Angers, too busy wrecking the machinery for its sake rather than taking notice of the the team that'd just moved in.

Melissa, however, decided to line up a warning shot - and nailed one in the head, sending it falling to the floor in a puddle, before reforming angrily. The Anger's attention seemed to be split, as they saw two groups of enemies, so they figured to split up. One of them leapt upwards into the Catwalks, another heading down towards Packaging, to the OriSec Team's left, whilst the third one charged the duo in the Causeway, not willing to tangle with the bigger OriSec team and giving itself some cover with the machines.

"Gah crap," Melissa mumbled as she pulled back the bolt and attempted to line up another shot at it, the gauss shard making another noticeable hole and spewing out black viscera. However, it kept on charging, its attention focusing on Melissa.

Zeta noticed damage of her new toy with a smile. She released spent cap. Bah now I have to wait 8 seconds came through her mind. Every upside has downsize too.

"I will let you mop up here mates and go with Nao." She said and started jogging to meet up with kid-like Neko. Onyl to found her in the room full of blood. "I hope we are not too late," Zeta whispered to let neko know she is with her.

A boot in the rear just wasn't enough to get the tormented man out of it. Smith briefly stumbled, and then came back into a wobbly stance. His laughter turned into a little nervous giggle. He looked straight at Melissa. "Little kitty flies." his mouth babbled, a deranged Smith went on, crooked smile and maddened look planted within his eyes. A hand lazily reached into a pocket and pulled out an olive drab sphere roughly the size of a large marble, making it click by sliding a bit with his thumb. The device was tossed off and landed at Uriel's feet.

The miniature concussion grenade exploded. His giggling started to stop as hiccups pushed them aside.

The little nekovalkyrja touched down in the middle of the room, several feet away from any nearby peices of furniture, but definately close to the puddle of blood that had accumulated beneath the desk and the hole in the ceiling. Easing the axe off her shoulder, she directed the muzzle of the SmAR in the direction of the hole above her and examined the gaping wound in the ceiling speculatively.

She stood like this for several seconds before Zeta's arrival tugged at Naoko's ear. Twitching it just slightly, Naoko replied verbally and in a level tone, "I think we are." Then, without warning, her ears flattened against her head and she tensed, as if bracing. Not a second later, behind them in the other room, the grenade exploded.

"Hontou?" she murmured peevishly as the ringing faded. Then, breaking suddenly away from her frozen posture, she shifted the SmAR's barrel a couple of inches away, to an un-damaged bit of ceiling. "Stay alert. Brace yourself. Ready? IKUZO!"

She pulled the trigger, and held it. With a pattern that was almost random, to the hum of energy discharges and a sudden fog of morter and dust, Naoko began to blast the ever-loving shit out of the ceiling tiles.

Aerin stood for a moment, calculating in her head, before answering. "There is enough room inside this cargo bay to fit approximately Seven Vampire-class vessels, though we'd need to attach special rigging to the ceiling to allow it. You'll have no trouble fitting one inside here." the CEO answered, seeming proud of herself. "All you'll need to do is either have the skill to park it there, or let the courier's AI guide it in. As for making it an actual hangar, we can sell you accessories, workstations, and toolsets to fully convert it into a functioning hangar, or you can just move some stuff out of the engineering section, but I would advise against that."

The tiny girl looked up at Stromm, then back at the Angers causing havoc. "Those things are breaking stuff." she explained, simply, pointing to one of them, before pointing to the Phoenix crew "and those people are our backup."

The OriSec team on the left began opening fire on the Anger that was heading toward them, and the team next to them followed suit, also firing, a number of the Electromagnetic stun pulses flying toward the small thing- the stun pulses, where they missed, fried small machines and things as they went, showing the sheer amount of voltage they were pumping through the air.

"Stromm-Kun, throw me up to the catwalks." the 'commander' requested, as she saw the third Anger make its way up there, she herself would head it off.

Enzo was quick with his SEP to fill the tiny creature with heat and death before rushing off in the direction of the office. When he caught up with Zeta and Naoko, he took a quick minute to gather his surroundings and search for the one thing that he was interested in entering the warehouse office for in the first place: the obligatory office safe and the goodies most certainly held within.

Without speaking to either Zeta or Naoko, he began ransacking desks and shelves whilst nursing the wound on his shoulder.

Robert saw Naoko, Zeta, and Enzo take off in a different direction. He mentally marked out where'd they'd be on the map. He turned his attention towards the Anger attacking Uriel. He reached out to try and pull it off with one hand while angling his Fatboy to fire with the other hand.

Eigth seconds were up. Weapon clicked as it bolt unlocked and another plasma cap was loaded. Then Naoko unleashed hell into the ceilling and Enzo walkied in too and moved towards the table.

Zeta raised her rifle again ready to shoot anything that could fallout of crawl space in the ceiling where Naoko fired, should be hostile of course. She stood next to Naoko, ready to step should on af the angers get to small un-armored Neko. Zeta was shure her Impulse armour can take.

Uriel realized that despite all his prior prep-talk he had still underestimated his opponent and acted quick to correct this mistake. First, he shoved Robert lightly and hoped the armor had augmented his strength less than he believed. Then he pressed the muzzle of the Fatboy to the Anger and-while taking care to keep the weapon aimed away from his suit- fired until the goo sizzled into nothing.

To make up for past mistakes, he even spent additional energy blasting what little blobs spattered across the floor. It was clear that a great many precautions need be taken to ensure victory in this scenario. Humility has been brought upon me once more, he thought, And with good measure. My life continues.

Normally such thoughts would have been tailed by a mental debate on the existence of God, but there was no time. Maybe later.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…