• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 July 2024 is YE 46.5 in the RP.

Model 32 Logistics Engine

Hmm, just taking a look over, I can see nothing immediately wrong. Although opinions are like bumholes, everyone has them.

In the provided model, the rail network that transports everything to, and inside the gun apear to lead underground. It takes a lot of work to dig underground train tunnels, even from scratch without worrying about city plumbing and pipes.

You might want to say that the rail network is seperate from the rails leading into the gun, possibly mention a marshalling yard, and put in a bit of fluff about the rail network combining the planets current infrastructure, with NMX additions.

Oh, and uh, for construction. Perhaps saying that the structure is made prefab, so it can be constructed quickly, and that to make the hole to bury the base of the gun in they simply drop a large cratering bomb. Simple, fast, cheap.

Anyway, apart from that I still reckon it should be called The Marinator.

Overall I think it kind of interesting way of explaining how NMX troop transports and other ship get their supplies. I also think its a cool art design. I just needs some more specifics here and there.

Infact, if I may ask some questions.

About this Rail Carrage, basically is a giant container that can be launched into space and then caught by the mishu in orbit then either used or transported to the rest of the fleet via ships. Since it can fit 4 Huge SSCC containers this means it can fit 4 20 m x 5 m x 4 m containers. Based on you picture it looks like then it cargo hold is space for 40 m x 10 m by 8 m. Correct?

Here are some other question that came up, I thought it might be a good idea to answer.
How many Logistics Engines can be on a planet?
How many Repellar Defense systems each logistics engine typically have?

I presume that this is only for shipping non-perishable things.

A coil gun would render living things, and most veggies to mash by the sheer acceleration

This is really just for shipping raw materials, though it is the NMX so they would likely send people (if they were going to kill them anyways) or veggies that have been properly packed. I’ll add some kind of ‘warning, this shit is dangerous’ on the wiki.

Also added dimensions for the cargo bay of the carriages on the wiki.

As far as how many are on a planet and how many defenses there are its ‘however many they want to build’ as the repellers are a separate installation entirely.

Uso said:
This is really just for shipping raw materials, though it is the NMX so they would likely send people (if they were going to kill them anyways) or veggies that have been properly packed. I’ll add some kind of ‘warning, this shit is dangerous’ on the wiki.
Also added dimensions for the cargo bay of the carriages on the wiki.
cool ^^

Uso said:
As far as how many are on a planet and how many defenses there are its ‘however many they want to build’ as the repellers are a separate installation entirely.
Ok I think I get it now. Thanks for clarifying.

Normally when something like this goes this long without approval there is some sort of 'image' issue with how this fits in with the NMX.

Is that the case? And if so what is it so that I can correct it.

it's not pink and slimy, it does not pillage and rape, and it's not really good at killing people in disturbing ways.

. I’ll add some kind of ‘warning, this shit is dangerous’ on the wiki.

I was waiting for you to say you added this.

I see you put this

The extreme speeds at which the cargo containers are launched tend to crush improperly stored cargo.

Approved.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back