• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 April 2024 is YE 46.3 in the RP.

RP [Monarchy of Dovania] Renovations

Dragon_God

RP Date
YE 41
RP Location
Xuno
===== Xuno 20:30 | Royal Council Hall | Kyro’s Chamber =====

It was a cold night in Kyrok City, snowfall has been constant for the past two months. Within the Royal Council Hall, Kyro sat in his chair, reviewing over information gathered from the colony on Arret. He was wearing his typical article of clothing. His Black Osman Officer uniform, with his Yamatium Long Sword at his right hip, and his FatBoy painted black on his left hip holster. The IBR he always used was mounted on the wall over to his left on a single rack. The fireplace was lit, with a small flame dwindling slowly, as the room was candle lit. Giving the room a true rustic feel, with the compliments of the black stonework and Dark Oak flooring and furniture. Glass and Lead Crystals as well being used, as Kyro was not too keen to the more modern look of other offices. Instead keeping the more traditional look, which was calming to him.

His desk was covered in papers, as the digital copies were stored in the server room downstairs. It was Kyro’s job to work on the written, or physical copies of information. Having a two identification system, requiring that everyone shows two forms of identification or authorization information. Such as a digital ID and a physical ID. As to add more protection from any unauthorized personnel. Whist this is infact a slower method of scanning people through. It’s far more secure than the standard single ID system that they had for the initial stages of Dovania’s development.

For the past 8 months, Dovania had been busy, and not as idle as outsiders may assume. If anyone outside of PsychoPomp and the New Dusk Conclave knew what the Monarchy of Dovania was. They have been developing new facilities for producing manufacturing goods as well as equipment. Productivity on producing vehicles and starcraft are also at an all-time high, and is only rising. Mandatory service in the Dovanian workforce is the largest contributor to the development of all of these products. In addition with the internal rebellions and civil unrest dropping drastically, it makes it far easier to modernize the planet. While with the technological sector is being educated by New Dusk Conclave military educators and trainers. Helping not only the technological advancement, but military as well.

“Complete.” Kyro stated to himself as he had finished the last of the papers. He had not taken a break since last ordered to by his wife. “Now to tend to the matter of the current status of the Navy and the Golden Fleet.” Standing from his chair he went over to sit by the fire and picked up the tablet from the coffee table to examine. Sitting upright and proper, as he always does.

There was a knock at the door to the study, “Dear, I’ve returned with the NDC representative. She is the head of their DOARAD branch.” came the voice of Orias from the other side of the door. The very woman who had been constantly pestering her husband to pace himself, and to take breaks every so often

“You may enter.” Kyro called, still working on the Naval Intelligence that he had been receiving. “I did not ask for them to come. They must be anxious or wary of my absence.” He followed up, the bags under his eyes were dark. Kyro hasn’t slept in days because of some, more delicate matters.

“They are indeed, as well as to inform us of a few minor changes in regards to the transfer of research data due to the recent switch in department heads.”, Orias replied as she opened the door and lead the angel in. Seraphina entered, trying to keep her posture straight, her chest making it a difficult feat, but she managed. But also difficult as she had been thrust into the promotion and felt unready.

“Hello your majesty, I’m Seraphina Cerulius. Head of DOARAD, as well as a member of the Council. I was hoping you had some time to discuss a few matters?”, She politely asked with a small bow, her golden hair swishing to the over shoulder a bit. She straightened it as her blues eyes watched, waiting for a response. Meanwhile, Orias took a seat in a chair just to the side of Kyro’s.

Kyro looked up to Seraphina for a moment then handed her his tablet. “I have something for you. It was requested a while back.” He reached into his coat and pulled out a small data chip that contained photographs and coordinates of her adopted son. “This is only a meager gift that my research and reconnaissance teams have been working on.” Kyro explained handing it over before turning to Orias. “Ah, yes, you did take leave. How was your diplomatic venture by the by. I am-” He pauses yawning. “Trying to get the last of the papers done so I may attend another Bill meeting in the Royal Committee. They want to make a law requiring a ‘3 ID System’ as well as another to inflate the economy. Both I plan to Veto.” He stated perfectly, though still was exhausted. His monotone voice still held through though.

“I will look it over after our meeting here. Thank you though, for whatever this may be. I would like to reassure that all previous arrangements for data sharing made with Mrs. Rose remain the same, however we’ve had a shift in personnel, so a few of those helping with instruction have changed. A small matter in itself, but one we nonetheless felt important to make aware of. As for the other part of my duties, the council and lords have been rather worried with your lack of appearance lately.”, Sera said carefully, but right to the point. She was nervous as hell, and she was hoping that she was doing her duties correctly. Taking a small breath, “We are hoping there is no issue. Even though we felt you would inform us if there was, so we assumed it was merely due to recent activity. If you don’t mind me saying your majesty, you look rather tired. I hope you are getting enough the rest.”

“Believe me, I’ve been nagging him to sleep more. I just wish he wasn’t so stubborn and actually listen to me.”, Orias said with a faint smile on her lips.

“While I have not slept in 6 rotations. I have answers for your questions. However, I do recommend that you look at the intel that I have provided you, as that will fill out the first issue that has been, well, constant.” He said standing up and pulling up on the TV the logo for Crimson. “I am aware of your most recent operations with them on Serris IV, my condolences to young Mrs. Dee and her children. Though, that may not be worth anything if this intelligence is anything to you.” Kyro explained in the utmost manner, trying to knock things out one at a time to not get sidetracked. “Please prepare yourself for images that may be disturbing to the untrained mind.” Referencing very explicit photos of abuse and other grotesque creatures and chopped up corpses. Along with Crimson base photos.

Sera had become quite dead to the images shown her, having seen plenty from previous operations, as well of the body she had been shown on the day she had been given the news. The intel he suggested he had sounded like he was suggesting had something to do with Kyle, but how was that possible. She only gave the images a blank stare as that confusing thought crossed her mind. “What does this have to do with Kyle?”, She asked as she idly pulled out the chip she had been handed.

Kyro was waiting for the question, “So, he is important. I don't see why he would be to the New Dusk Conclave. However my informants do know how special he is to this Crimson entity. They want him for experimentation. To create a being to control and contain a bioweapon to make mutated and ghoulish being they claim as ‘Holy Weapons’. Why this child is relevant to me is because my country is in their crosshairs, and they want to test their new toy on us. However, I have discovered that killing this child would bring a complete end to their operations. His original body still being intact at their Military base.” Kyro suggested for the course of action. Not knowing the true value of him to Seraphna, as he doesn't know his relationship to her.

“When it comes to why him. I have yet to know. Maybe this is just some random child that is just coincidentally ‘Special’. An unfortunate series of events. However, I do believe it is my duty to end his suffering. To protect my people, and yours.” Kyro explains.

The blank look was instantly replaced with tears as she suddenly found herself on her feet, her words leaving her throat in the panic she felt, “YOU WILL NOT MURDER MY SON!!” She was suddenly breathing hard, her eyes intense in the deep blue that stared into Kyro’s eyes. He had just told a mother in grieving that her son was alive, only to so unknowingly tell her of their plan to simply execute him. “Kyle Dee, is my son, and I will not allow you to lay a finger on him.”, There was much more determination in her voice then when she began, the nervousness replaced by steadfast resolve, as her stare hardened to that of a woman now on the warpath.

Kyro still had the straight look on his face and continued, “Then this complicates things. However, if you ever wish to remain in diplomatic relations with me, I recommend you have a steady head. Outburst such as that is only dampen our alliance. It's bad politics.” He warned her, being too tired to want to deal with it, however keeping a leveled head and tone. “You are fortunate that I have a heart and motive to bring him back alive. With the aid of the Dovanian Royal Guards. I wish to discuss how we will deal with him before moving on.” Kyro still not explaining why he wants to get this particular subject done with first.

“We perform a strike operation and extract him from their base. This is why the BRRF was formed, this is what they’ve trained for. The enemy is not well trained compared to the forces of either of our nations. The last operations saw exponentially higher losses on the side of the enemy. They’ve also recently begun a s two front offensive on Sirris VI. I therefore suggest a joint operation, but I have a question…..Why do you want my son?”, Sera said with a more calm, yet more rigid tone. She was remaining as calm as possible, but she had a purpose, one she would complete at all cost. In short, Kyro had her full attention.

“I’ve seen what his technology work is, I’ve also seen what he can do on his own against others in combat. A very capable soldier, yet so very shy. My informants have been keeping tabs on him since I saw him here. I know he is but a minor player, but one you fail to exploit for his usefulness. Maybe f he was in a more, secure place. He would have that training and experience.” Kyro was making a bold claim to take Kyle into the MoD, though was being very careful to be as indirect as he could to still be the defendant in case of an accusation.

“Kyle will be brought home to us, and returned to normal however way we can achieve that. What happens with the research, and the materials left over from the project we have no care for. We would much rather have them disposed, but I’m confident you’re government has appropriate measures for handling such material.”, Sera replied reading between the lines. He was trying to hide what he wanted, but not very well. She only wanted one thing, Kyle home where he belonged, and whatever done to him reversed…..okay so two things.

Kyro could end the conversation on that subject now with his closing statement, “Then it's settled, as soon as I can equip my soldiers in modern weapons and armor, we mobilize. As for Kyle, he will be sent to the proper facilities to be cared for and interrogated until deemed safe and healthy for public introduction.” Kyro closed as he went to his desk to grab some files.

“What do you want to hold him for? What is it? Samples, data, DNA? There is no reason for you to hold him and keep him from being returned home. He is one of our citizens, and a very important one to me personally.”, she asked, not missing the bit about a delayed return. She had been just told he was alive, and back to normal, yet he wanted to keep him from her longer.

Kyro answered bluntly and with his standard tone, “Actually, he is not a citizen. Last I had checked, he was registered as a Yamatai Citizen with a job as a mercenary. Therefore making him a political prisoner. On top of that, there are a few blanks in our files and technology that he will be instructed to fill. Do not fret, he will be compensated. We do not enslave people. That’s barbaric, though we will be technical to get anything we need. I apologize, but I have seen a lack of use of potential, and therefore will exploit it.” He then followed with, “Most fortunate I do not ransom him to Yamatai to become enlisted and married off there with a sex crazed woman whom overpowers him. As due to our alliance and my hatred for that place.”

Kyro took a long pause before stating, “I am so close to getting the bare minimum done. I need him just for this length of time.”

“Husband…...You certainly need rest, do you even hear yourself right now? We are talking about this woman’s son as if he is but an object, surely we would not treat our own children as such. Ransoming him off to whoever, is almost just as barbaric, like some kind of cattle. I’m sure this young man would be willing to help for his rescue, but we have no need to stupe to forcing it upon him like some power hungry empire. And certainly angering our only ally is far from being our best interest.”, Orias said finally speaking up, having become more shocked as Kyro had talked on. “Friction can be avoided with just an amount of tact. Miss Cerulius, would it please you if you can watch over him during his brief stay with us? Certainly your expertise would help expedite the development of what we are in need of?”

“Yes it would, but the question remains if his majesty would allow such.”, Sera stated in response, relaxing ever slightly as Orias tried to reason with him.

“Allowing his mother here would hardly be troublesome. I see no issue, however his DNA I must tell you has something that you might find more, intriguing.” Kyro stated as he pulled out a Crimson file with the code name on it AZAZEL. “I think you’ll find this information, comforting. Yet disturbing.”

Sera looked at the file in his hand curiously, “I can’t think of any reasons it would, but that only has me further interested of why you believe that it will.”

He placed it down onto the desk and opened it, showing her DNA results. “Just a thought, he’s not your adopted son after all.” Kyro stated as it revealed that Kyle’s DNA structure was that of equal portion to be her child. Making Kyle her biological son by those standards. “I would say a congratulations would be in order. I had predicted that I would see you again someday soon. As well as the New Dusk Conclave sending someone to inspect on everything. As well as a few new arrangements and pressing issues that will need to be resolved and rediscussed.

“That is why I am here after all. However, I’d like to be involved with the rescue if possible. I ask as a personal request.”, Sera said trying to hold back the new surge of emotions. She kept a straight face that only slightly faltered, a single tear running from her eye. But this one had been forced by a great feeling of joy, one that confused her. Her son really was her son now, but it meant that Crimson had messed with his body yet again, so there was still a inkling of anger mixed in.

“Yes yes, if you can fight you may participate.” Kyro permitted. Sitting down, he looked at them from his desk, “Now, there are more issues to discuss. If we are to negotiate new treaties and trade agreements, we must communicate.” Kyro said as he looked to the files on his desk, “You may keep the results. If they have any sentimental value.” He offered her.

She had already found her finger tips atop the file before he had even said that, only fully sliding it off the desk and into her hand after he had. “Thank you your majesty. Yes, please continue, I hope that we can resolve those with ease. What in particular did you want to discuss?”, Sera asked before taking a seat in a chair before the desk. She had to sit on the front half of the seat for obvious reasons given her large dove like wings.

Kyro nodded, “First let us discuss the topic of technology. Here on Xuno, I have had our best minds being trained and studying under your advisors and educators. We have already mastered a few of the schematics that you have supplied to us. However, it has become apparent that we will need to produce our own arms and armor if we are to become stronger. Due to some of the technology you hold to yourself, we will have to supplement with our own. Our two largest projects being a full body combat armor, as well as gauss weapons.” He then pulled up in the screen images of the prototypes that are already in development, one of them being a large heavy tank. “My question is what are we to do in terms of sharing technology.”

“Have you ever heard of the universal law of equivalent exchange? It is a rather outdated philosophy among the science community, however it has shown to hold value in more then just science, thus promoting long lasting belief.”, the angel asked before clarifying, “Well it would stand to reason that applies here. Both nations have essentially already been fulfilling such an arrangement. We shared technology and training, and you shared resources. I believe things have evolved to the point where the conversation leads into the trade discussion. You will have access to all technology we offer, minus restricted tech unless authorized by the lords, in exchange for resources. If permissible with you your majesty, Dovania offers a similar arrangement.”

“Quite. I expect us to come to an understanding of the economy here. Dovania’s currently is attempting to make a Currency to be used faction wide. I intend to make a proposal for a true symbol of our alliance.” Kyro stated as he grew a smirk. “I intend to not accept the currency of the other factions that are currently known by the rates they place. Instead I propose that we have our currencies under more, agreeable rates. Meaning that for every 2 Dusk currency, it is equal to 1 Dovanian Tekk. Instead of it being the rate of 20 for 1.” He offered, “Though this will mean a joint effort in us having to deny the outsiders currencies for their values.”

“We’re already doing such. 1 script is worth 1 KS within our territory, making the currency far less worth as much, as well as equal with ours. Instead of the usual exchange rate of 1 KS to 4 script. All we would be doing is making a treaty for what we seem to both already be doing.”, Sera said with a small smile, before her expression returned to normal. “I believe this is very agreeable, and know both Lords will be happy to hear of such a deal.”

Kyro nodded, “Changing over to our platform would make it so one script is worth two and a half KS. Essentially doubling the total value, and spitting in the face of Yamatai. Though, that brings me to my next topic. The identity, location, and secrecy of Dovania. It must be established. It needs to be kept secret till the time is right. Under no circumstances is Dovania to be leaked out as even a place. Keep it between us, if you would.” Kyro urged as he grabbed a file and opened it to show her that it was of the limited intel from the other major factions. Then he pulled out a formal leather book and a tablet and set it cleanly down into the desk. “This, this is something that I will personally bring to Sirris VI. This is a declaration of unification.” Kyro stated bluntly.

“A lot of what is being asked is not within my power to ratify, therefore a meeting with the council would be needed. As for the secrecy of this nation is one we will definitely respect as your wish. Forgive me for being unable to give more definite answers, but I am sure you understand my plight in that. Other than those topics, was there any other topics you wished to discuss?”

“Yes, the topic of the military fortification that is currently on Sirris VI. I wish to maintain the garrison of my ten thousand men there as an extra line of defense and housing for the workers to help aid you in construction. I assume that this will not be of any issue still?” Kyro asked to reassure the previous agreement that they have settled before. “I do acknowledge the unease that it brings to have a force that doubles your population outside of your only settlement. However I must assure you that this fort is only there to aid you, as you have aided us.”

“Seeing as that is a renewal of a previous agreement, I see no issue with that. It would be rude to be wary of a trusted ally, especially one that has been more the generous. To be honest, the lord was actually quite surprised when it was recalled recently.”, the dove woman admitted, having remember the council session she had sat through before being assigned this trip as her first council member duty.

“They recalled what exactly, Seraphina? Am I to expect that the aid of my resources and manpower is not needed on Sirris VI. If so I shall recall my troops effective immediately. I do not wish to disturb the balance of our alliance.” Kyro stated, as he was not expecting them to turn down any free aid towards them.

“Your majesty, I believe you misunderstand. We were surprised that you have recalled the garrison that was stationed near the city. We received no word in advance to my knowledge prior to the recall, so it caused some concern, Hence prompted this very meeting.”, she said clarifying the misunderstanding before continuing, “We are not saying no, only concerned there was some issue, or event that we were not aware of at the time. Concerned that the NDC had done something to offend the Monarchy of Dovania.”

“Thank you for the clarification. It is most appreciated that we’re not just a trading partner. Now, it has come to my attention that I am going to need immediate transportation. I believe it's time I confront the council personally.” Kyro stated, though when he stood, he stumbled back a few steps, hitting the window. “Damn my mortal frame, it appears that I am falling tired beyond even my strength.” Kyro pointed out his exhaustion. He then reaches for his communicator and called for his Guards, “Prep the DSS-Thullo, as well as 2 platoons of Royal Guardsmen, we’re making a trip to Sirris VI. Make sure that you also obtain Violet please. Sh-” he stopped, almost passing out, “SHE’S ready.”

“Shall I accompany you there, or shall I return ahead in my own to go ahead and let them know of your arrival?”, Sera asked with a concerned look. “Your majesty, please don’t push yourself. It is a day of travel to the NDC, I please emplore that you rest amply during the trip.”

“Don’t worry Miss Cerulius, I will make sure he does. Unless my husband has any objections, please go ahead and announce our arrival. If my husband remains stubborn, and does not rest, then I will handle the council meeting for him.”, Orias intoned, with a bit more firmness than displayed so far openly. She had been tolerant of her husband’s stubbornness. But his near collapse was the last straw for now, and she would not idly sit by and watch him run himself into the ground.

“Very well, you've made your point Orias, I shall rest in the Captain’s Quarters on the trip there.” He turned to Seraphina, “I shall meet you there, and Orias, if you wish you may accompany me. I'm sure the President can handle the situation here by himself. He does have his cabinet.” He assured her with a tired look as he grabbed his IBR and made his way out with his guards.

“Good, because your head is resting on my chest the whole way.”, Orias teasingly chided, “Just for that bit of extra comfort.”

Seraphina gave a small bow before leaving the office to return to her ship and head back. This was one hell of a day for her, in more than one way. She almost half ran, half skipped to the shuttle waiting to take her to the frigate in orbit. The file with such wondrous and terrible news, clutched in her hands like she was afraid it would disappear and reveal this as just a cruel dream.

“What am I going to do with you? I swear I have to tie you to the bed sometimes just to get you to slow down, and actually relax every now and then.”, Orias continued to playfully tease even after Sera had left. She walked over and put her arms around Kyro for a moment, “Now let’s you aboard and resting.”

Kyro boarded and went to his quarters as they loaded up. Removing most of his articles before laying down on the bed. “I would assume you want me to pleasure you before I rest?” He asked, however before he knew it, he was out cold. Snoring softly as he laid there.

“Nope, just like that. Sweet dreams my king, your queen will be here with you in slumber.”, the demoness whispered as he laid there with his head on her chest. Her wings wrapped as far around his frame as they could, her forehead rested against his.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back