• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 April 2024 is YE 46.3 in the RP.

RP [Monarchy of Dovania] Revelations and Biohazards

Jack Pine

RP Date
YE 40
RP Location
Xunok: SSAF detachment hangar------->Independent station[abandoned]
Talos was kicked back on a stack of crates in the hangar the S6 SSAF detachment was using for equipment and vehicle storage. His Zytone heavy power armor was sitting open only a few feet away, having been doing maintenance on the armor unit. He however was taking a break, leaned back with his feet up, a storm rifle disassembled beside him. He was cleaning the parts for reassembly after a function check.

Violet was sneaking up on Talos, seeing another new person. She was wearing her long green frilly dress, “RWAR >:}” She shouted and jumped on him. “Hello good sir.” She whispered into his ear.

“Hello Miss Foreman, I trust you’re having a good day.”, He said casually with a grin. He hadn’t jumped, having heard her short climb to get behind him.

She giggled, “Why yes sir I am having a grand day today. Would you mind introducing yourself.” She got off of him and looked up giving a smile. Her violet eyes noticeable. “I do not believe that we have encountered one another before.”

“You want the formal introduction, or the short one?”, He replied setting the parts aside with the rest of the rifle before using a rag and hand sanitizer to clean his hands.

“Either or, I’m not a picky girl!” She stated smiling.

“That’s Dog put and you know it your highness.” Lora said walking into the hanger, holding her son in her arms and in her researcher uniform. “Please do not going around lying about who you are.”

“That and it’s common practice for OSI to brief us on officials and important figures. Given such esteemed company, I guess I’ll give the formal. I am Lord Talos, Major in NDC’s SSAF. Again it’s a pleasure to meet you. You as well Miss Kingsley.”, Talos said before offering a clean hand. His Black hair held white streaks in it, an oddity only matched by his different colored irises. One a deep crimson, the other a deep blue, both regarding the two women kindly.

“Why would you look at that Miss Kingsley! His eyes look like Aza-“ her head was whapped. “Oh yeah, apologies Miss Kingsley.” Violet said to her.

Lora then turned to Talos, “She’s young still, so please excuse her in some of the outburst she states. Now, I need to head back to work. Producing the Infantry Gauss Rifle still needs to be priority for the Arret mission. She gave a smile before waving and leaving the hanger.

Talos waited until she had left before turning back to Violet, “You wouldn’t have been about to say Azazel were you by chance?” He asked with a serious look that said he was aware of something, but wanted to test if his hunch was correct.

“Uh… n-no sir!” She gave a smile, Violet didn’t want to bring up that encounter she had. Nor was she really allowed to. As she backed away slowly. “That name is very odd, and doesn’t ring a bell.”

“We are aware of a group called Crimson, and a project called Azazel. Something a man named Ydrin spilled the details on...a man Miss Kingsley asked us to search for. If you think it’s a secret, then I regret to inform you it very much isn’t. A young man from our nation was recently the victim of kidnapping from these people, specifically for this project. So if you know any information, it would be appreciated.”, He said laying out all his cards metaphorically speaking. This wasn’t a secret amongst Section 6 departments, and certainly not amongst the officers. Any clue was being hunting for, a priority order.

“Again s-sir… I don’t know.” Violet was sticking to her thoughts. Not willing to give up the encounter, despite the amount of whiplash that it would bring. Keeping this secret was more personal.

It was clear he wasn’t getting anything else from her, so he shrugged and went back to cleaning the rifle parts. “Doesn’t matter, the BRRF will handle the matter, as well as Fenrir. We already have a trail to follow thanks to Mr. McMaster. Mr. Dee’s wife, brother in law, and brother are drawing closer. We’ll have Crimson soon enough, and we will deal with them then.”

“The cute guy is married?!?! Damn it! And now him being a demon that looks like Orias on steroids is just perfect…” Violet said looking disappointed and crossing her arms. “I mean seriously, are you trying to one up her highness? He looks just like a demon king.”

“So you do know where he is. Good, then we can find and treat him before the virus spreads.”, Talos said now putting the pieces together quickly until the storm rifle was reassembled. It was a rather large rifle, to be expected of such a rail gun turned assault rifle. “It appears my hunch was correct then.”

Violet saw them gun, “Then… I’ll be on my way then…” She said turning around to walk away. “Not like they know where he is… I still remember what he told me…” she said walking.

“Then you are condemning your people Miss Foreman. That young man is carrying a virus that can wipe out all life on this planet, and anyone who has the misfortune of carrying it off world.”, Talos said he set the rifle aside to grab a couple things for the armor as if they weren’t talking about a world ending pandemic.

Violet stopped and sighed, “What do you need…” She said turning around.

“His location if known. He needs to be detained so can we fix what has been done to him, and to prevent spread of the virus. Time is of the essence, every minute we waste, the greater chance this streets become filled with necros.”, He said grabbing a drum of shock rounds for the RCG he had on a cart.

“Well… you’re not going to have much luck if you all go without someone He at least trust. He doesn’t seem to have memory or anyone. Though he seemed to trust me for the oddest of reasons.” Violet stated looking a bit confused. ‘He seemed… off…”

“Then you and I will go. More than that may scare him off. I’ll be relying on you to convince him to come with us, and if that fails…..I have shock rounds if that fails, but I prefer not to use those if possible. Once we have him, we can quarantine him, have a BRRF team bring him to the medical teams to get checked out. I hope you trust me on this Miss Foreman.” He finished loading the weapons with non-lethal ammunition, including a normal carbine.

Assessing the situation, “Not anyone knows about this encounter but myself, I wish to keep it that way for now. Meaning I do not want Dovania to know of this, not now. There’s enough xenophobia here, we do not require this to supplement more. I will accompany you, if properly geared and I will then teach you what I know.” Violet finally agreed to assist them.

“NDC also wishes to keep it discreet. If news got out, it not only would create panic, but bring unwanted attention of other powers. Give me 20 minutes and I can assemble gear for you. When the BRRF team comes to collect, they’ll be doing so under the radar with a small team. Most of all, we need to keep this info out of PP’s hands. They’d be far less kind to him, and they would use what was done to him for their own purposes.”, Talos admitted as he grabbed a Harbinger SMG, a P2 Wraith, and a LCK before placing them on a workbench. After that he grabbed a unfitted revenant under suit and had it adjusted with a quick scan over Violet from the Zytone. The armor pieces would be finished as soon as the suit was done finished, both brought to the the teenager. He then stepped around the armor back to the bench, loading both guns with shock rounds.

She took the gear and got herself suited up in the restroom, then came out. Except, without Talos’s knowledge, swapped the shock rounds with live HE rounds. “Okay, I believe I am fit and ready to go Mr. Talos.” Violet said walking out.

He gave a nod, “How far is it from the location from here? I can have the armor run as support, but it will be hanging back unless needed.”

“I’ll tell you when there are not prying ears.” Violet stated a bit blunt towards him. Not wanting anyone to overhear her.

The armor closed and loaded itself into a waiting truck, “Understood. We can drive out of town before you tell me then, we’ll need to leave here anyways.”

Violet nodded as she followed after Talos silently, ‘Too many things I wish to say, though… It will make me appear as a weak woman.’

Talos hopped into the driver seat of the truck cab before pushing the passenger side door open for her. Once she was in, he started the diesel engine and pulled the heavy military truck out of the hangar, and onto the road away from the center of town. It would be a trip that lasted ten minutes before all there was to see was snowy woods. “This should be a safe enough distance.”

“Okay, so, ‘Azazel’ as he now calls himself is. Very demonic in appearance. Well, more like a blend, such as Lady Orias. I did manage to snag… a picture… though the quality is questionable.” As she grabbed a picture and turned it around to show him.

On the photograph, there was a taller individual, around 6 foot, short crimson red hair, Large black wings, with feathers, such as an Elysians, and a slightly tanner skin tone. Though the face was unrecognizable. “Apologies again for the quality.”

“Did you interact with him?”, Talos asked simply, not wanting to show how much this bothered him.

“We did trade words. That did happen, however I must say that the words that were traded were few. It was his actions that were of most concerning to me. Making me feel anxious and a tad terrified of his capabilities. Already infecting and destroying half of a station. As a ‘Test Run’ it still runs now, as they were able to stop the infected from completely taking over. Though now they let him roam free without question, out of fear of him conducting those same actions again.” Violet explained to him in her calmer tone. Being more information than emotion.

“Was this what was conveyed during your talk then? What was his behavior, and emotional disposition if he even had one? Anything that can elude to what we’re about to walk into.”, Talos asked as he continued driving, finding this less and less to his liking. ‘This is what happens when someone decides to play god. Monsters were made,......just like him.’

“He was as if a ghost possessing a corpse, if you do not know what I mean. The man looked dead, emotionally and psychologically, only a husk at his remains, and an evil ghost controlled his actions. Only a hint every now and then of some humanity remnants.” Violet explained.

“That is very concerning indeed. This may turn into a hostile encounter after all.”, He replied before turning to a small bag he kept in the truck, “In that bag is where I keep my emergency ammo. I need you swap the mag in my rifle with one, and load the only grenade in there, into the launcher under the barrel. If non-lethal is still an option, then the armor will have to subdue with it’s armaments. If the situation grows dire, I will buy you time to escape. If all goes well, backup will arrive when the BRRF arrive.”

“Alright.” Violet nodded before thinking about the live rounds in her own firearm.

“You were smart by the way.”, Talos said idly.

“Smart about?” She asked back, confused by the sudden complement from Talos.

“The Harbinger has an ammo counter and smartlink system. It even reads what ammo is loaded. Granted it’s not high explosive, but grab the two spare SMG mags in there as well for yourself. They’re plasma cartridges, so unless he’s wearing body armor, it should burn through pretty good.”, He replied grinning through his visor, “And that gun is linked to my armor, so I can still see the ammo counter for it. I was aware the whole time you switched.”

Violet was a bit surprised, but she assumed that technology could do anything now. “If I cannot spare this creature I will kill it. It’s no longer man but monster. It lost its right to live the moment it killed another, making it captive would be merciful. Killing it would receive the same results as well.” Violet switched onto soldier mode. Making her internations quite clear that she was trained by the military and father to be strict when push came to shove.

“Yes well while I agree with that to an extend, we need him to make a vaccine to prevent future outbreaks. We have one for the original necro virus from the Mishhuvurthyar parasite forms. But they’ve done something to this strain as far as we can tell. It’s adaptive to an extent that the vaccine might as well be a shot of water. A normal outbreak was disastrous enough, but this could be much worse.”, He admitted.

Violet nodded, “Though I fled before the ‘shit-hit-the-fan’ sort of speak. Upon returning to see what happened, it was clear that it was not something that could easily be stopped, it turned the metal into rot, over the course of hours.” She remembered the aftermath of the infection. “I do believe that if we hurry, we’ll be able to make it there. Do you believe calling his wife or other Dusk personnel would be of benefit?” She asked, curious to see his response.

Talos thought about that for a moment, “His wife won’t be an option, she’s too far out to call. His mother maybe, but….it will take time to get connected. Time we don’t have. My armor’s comms link can reach the orbiting ship just fine, but even FTL comms would take hours, if not a day to reach Sirris. I’m afraid we’re on our own until backup arrives. I sent the request for a team before we left, but they won’t arrive for another hour. I sent a simple text based order code, not nearly as much bandwidth as a audio transmission.” The sky was not well lit given the snowy weather, and that worried him as well. The cold would be no problem in given gear, and ECS would hide them if needed, but who knew what else this thing would be capable of. For all he knew, the truck itself would let on that they were in the area. “Are we almost there?”

“You do realize that he is currently in a station 2 days east of Kyzu? The airfield is just a mile ahead though.” She stated.

“How can I know if you don’t tell me. Is that two days of ground, or air travel?”

“Space station, an independent.” She clarifies. Before going back to Silence.

“Should I bother asking why you were at an independant station? Also that means the team can meet us in route.”, He asked a little curious as the truck neared the airfield.

“Diplomatic envoy for subjugation of independent space stations to assimilate to Dovania. Current operation status, SLOW.” She stated clearly annoyed.

“You know, you could always have help doing that. We have a fleet, and drone troops to secure stations much quicker. Especially since our frigates have HFDs for FTL. A trip from Sirris VI is at most only a couple hours.”, Talos suggested politely as he pulled up to the hangars on the airstip. Hopefully they could quickly get aboard the shuttle and go.

“While that is a faster alternative, it yields little experience in the art of charisma. Intimidation being a lesion his majesty wishes to not resort to every time. Wanting to be more diverse in options. Though, he does admit that we should flaunt our military capabilities. Now with the possibility of Dragons being in the military.” Violet said sighing, hopping out of the vehicle upon stopping. “To be completely honest sir. Having these beast, with the size they are at, is utterly a boon.”

“Not entirely. They may be powerful, but they’re also limited on where they can be deployed, and not mention they pose as a bigger target. Size is not everything. The lord once said something along those lines, an old phrase from long ago. “It’s not the size of the dog you bring to the fight, but the size of the fight you bring the dog to.” A statement I believe applies. I can already say transportation logistics are going to be a nightmare. I don’t envy your logistics clerks.”, Talos chuckled as a shuttle descended from above, and as the armor dismounted itself from the back of the cargo truck they arrived in. “Though forgive my suggestion ma’am, I tend to make such suggestion, a little trait left from my old masters.”

Violet stepped aboard the Shuttle, “Oh, but you don't understand that only the Army will be receiving Dragons. We’ve discovered 12 other species of Draconic beast there, 4 of them being horse sized or smaller.” She sat down and pulled out her pad to show him the information on them. “Call then what you may, criticize if you want. It’s his majesty’s pipe dream if you ask me. A reasonable one… if there is such.” She then checked her equipment once she was finished with her statement.

“I was just made to be a soldier ma’am. My opinions only matter if the officer above me wants them. I don’t pretend to fully understand what I don’t, just make observations on what I do know.”, He replied also taking a seat as the armor loaded aboard and the ramp closed. With the shuttle away, he felt a bit more relaxed, always finding the lessened feel of gravity in space, a mysterious comfort. He took his helmet off to relax for the ride ahead.

Meanwhile, Violet was noticeably gitty, her overall mood of being in space was amazing. She always wanted to explore more of it, only recently being allowed to. “The coordinates are on that tablet that I gave you. Along with the Draconic information.” Then turning her gaze to look out the window.

Talos looked over the data on the tablet without holding it, only handing it back as he did so, “Don’t actually need the tablet itself to read through it. Here you go.”

Violet took it back without questions and laid down on the seat, “Okay! I’ll see you there.” As she closed her eyes to sleep, “I’ll just be ‘meditating’.” She said before silently passing out.

He only raised an eyebrow to that comment, but decided to let her rest, void know she’d need it. Talos instead decided to quietly in the armor and run simulations while he waited. He could never rest before what he knew was to possibly be a hard fight ahead of him. Having the princess to look out for, didn’t help that feeling either. He was going to have to protect them both in his eyes. No one was prepared for what was coming.

Violet would be having nightmares of what she saw. Her face and body changing as there were nightmares of the incident. Noticeably shuffling in her sleep.

Talos quickly grew bored with the sims, not enough data to create a realistic enough fight to ease his anxiety. Partly he hated becoming aware, now having to deal with these feelings of fear, uncertainty, and things he had yet to know about himself. It was as he exited the machine that he saw her tossing and turning. He quietly stepped over and gently placed an armored hand on her shoulder, kneeling next to the seat. “Miss Foreman, are you alright? Was it a nightmare?” he asked in a low voice, as not to be loud.

“Just one shot… it will make all the pain go away…” She uttered. Dreaming of the execution of her father.
Which had haunted her, not for the execution itself, but the man they had executed. The abusive, sick, twisted, manipulative man. Her eyes slowly opened and she saw Talos, but didn’t register him at first and jumped up. Reaching for her gun and pointing at him, then realizing her mistake. “Oh my a-apologies sir!!” She said putting it back. “Just a bad vision.”

“That sounded like more than just a bed vision. I’m not one to normally pry, void knows I generally prefer to be left alone myself. But,...do you want to talk about? What you were saying in your sleep was concerning.”, He admitted giving her sympathetic and concerned expression.

“Execution of my father. It’s not killing him that bothers me. It was him.” She responded with some tears rolling down. Even if her expression was mostly controlled.

“I know what it’s like to have an abusive parents sort of. I was made by the company MoD is now allied with….Psychopomp. They made us for war, ensured we’d be obedient slaves for them to control. They didn’t care about me, or my siblings. If not for Jack, we still would be. Even when we think we are alone, and there is no help, there is someone there ready to lend a hand. Hm, sorry if I sound cheesy, but I felt it was something I should express. Please forgive my ramblings.”

Violet simply nodded, “Soldier, Politician, Parent, Lover. It’s all the same, I wish to hear their voices. The world's not perfect, but it’s not that bad. If we have each other then we’ll both be fine.I will be your ally and be there for you. You should know we’ll be there for you. We are but Young nations, living out our days, on the outskirts of the nebula planning everyday. Managing our people and dealing with new problems.” Her tone was calm, smooth, and had meaning behind it. Every word bearing weight.

“No, I think in a way, our nations are like family. Blood doesn’t always decide that. It’s those willing to walk with you in the hardest times, so that even we can walk through hell with a smile. Our people have never felt like outsiders here, but one with the people. The world may not be perfect, and it may not be kind, but we can both make it better together. Two nations, showing the others what it means to coexist.”, Talos said returning a sad smile, a small tear falling from his own eye. It seemed to surprise him, looking at the drop that had dripped down to his armor, “I’ve never cried before.”

Violet giggled and lightly knocked him on the head, “Seriously Guy, we need to get you a girl. From what I’ve been informed by Miss Kingsley, the nebula outnumbers boys. So I don’t quite get how there would be a lack of lonely men out there.” She thought of most Xunok having a relationship or being married already.

“Maybe when the job’s done. I’d like that, but I can’t rest while our people are in danger. But yeah, maybe I can sometime. And Miss Foreman,.....thank you.”, He said with a happier smile than before.

Nodding, Violet looked at the wall, waiting to arrive at the station. For despite the mood, her stomach twisted. “Do you now believe it would be possible for them to arrive now? I ask because it will take us 2 days to arrive.”

“The BRRF team should be arriving in five minutes approximately. They’ll be homing in on my Geist’s signal. Tenba shuttle like the one the Lord arrived on for the diplomatic talks.”, Talos confirmed.

“Hm.” She thought, ‘I was more thinking of his wife, or at least her being told of this. However it’s not something I shall bring up.’ She was looking at the wall still thinking, and waiting.

“His wife is far out, she won’t even hear of this for another day at the least. They’re following a lead to Crimson’s main lab supposedly. Hopefully if they are successful that will yield the data to help in all this. They’re taking Fenrir, the division that is all of my siblings, so I’m sure they’ll be fine.”, He said, some uncertainty having crept in on the last part.

“You wouldn’t happen to know the name of this lab now would you?” She asked, as Azazel did mention a trap was being set up. “This might be a trap. As all of their lives may be at risk!” She exclaimed further.

Talos borrowed her tablet for a moment and looked at it. The screen began to rapidly scroll as data was transferred to it. All the Azazel project files he had shared, as well as the coordinates he had given. He then handed the tablet to her, “This is everything that was given to us by Ydrin. And those are the coordinates he gave us, that star chart right there.”

As Violet looked over, she gave a concerning frown, and a smirk of discontent. “Old… Irrelevance… Old, Old, Old… This is new, Old… Ah okay.” She finally scrolled past some information she deemed outdated, being 6 months or older. “Yes, from what I was ‘told’ by Azazel. This system was changed by them. No longer a facility of high importance, however, it is stocked with monstrous creatures waiting for them to try to attack. After conducting a recall of him stating it, the likelihood of this being true is 87.6%.” She shook her head at the amount of outdated information.

“I’ll forward the intel, I for once pray they get it in time. I know my siblings will be able to deal with the creatures, but I...can’t guarantee there won’t be losses. Damnit. I hope Ceilia and Kessler can help them.”, He said cursing that they were being played so blindly. “Whatever happens, we’re ending this, and making sure Crimson pays for what they’ve done.”

“Right.” She stated, ‘Though, with their technology… this could be a war drawn out for years.’ She thought, though knew they had the resources to withstand such a war.

“They aren’t the only ones with technology. They may have advanced biotech, but we have them beat in other fields. With our tech, and Dovanian might, we will wipe these psychos off the map. Their armies are untrained, not properly organized, and only their armor is of any quality. Their creatures are not going to be the worst bioweapon we’ve ever dealt with. We have samples of the necro virus for a reason.”, Talos assured.

“Right, let’s just address this when we arrive.” She said growing a bit more ill speaking of the virus. “I would ultimately prefer not to speak of the virus which has done a significant amount of damage. As well as other more disturbing things... Infants turning into pulsating packages of…” She shook her head stopping.

“I hope you never have to see what I have seen. Best not to think of it, trust me. This is why we must stop this.”, He said placing a reassuring hand on her shoulder plate, “Right now, we need to focus on the danger ahead. Azazel is our target right now, and we’ll need to remain focused to survive.”

The two days would pass, before they discovered the station. Not as much traffic as one would expect from one. You could tell just by the repair teams alone that this place was hit by someone get massive. “By the lord, the damage is still being repaired. Look at the damage one man can do in 10 minutes.” Violate said in a bit of shock.

“One man with the right weapons could destroy a station in 10 minutes with the right equipment. If he’s here though, why are these people here then? I know you said they contained the infection, but did they just quarantine part of the station then?”, Talos asked running an optical scan over the damage.

“All of them are women. They’re covering up the attack for some reason. They also seem to be attached to him like lovers. I do not know if it is due to them being part of this cult or if they were drugged. It is beyond me.” Violet said looking at the station.

Besides the minor hull damage left on the exterior, from initial scans he could detect that the structural integrity was still very much intact. However, some of the ships going in and out had the Crimson logo. Though, they didn’t stay for long.

“Pilot, run dark, full ECS. We have company, relay the orders to the other shuttle as well. Find us an insertion point, we’ll have to EVA over.”, Talos commanded up to the pilot compartment. “Crimson is here.”

As previously mentioned, the Crimson ships didn’t stay long. Warping our whenever they got far enough away, not spotting the Dusk shuttles, at least to their knowledge.

“That’s it? They’re just going to leave?” She said as she saw the cargo ships leave.

“We should still be careful incase they left agents. Thankfully for all their pretty armor, they can’t fight worth shit.”, He replied as he put on his helmet, the station drawing closer.

“Sir, there are two viable options in. A maintenance airlock near the top of the station big enough for personnel, and a small hangar for maintenance tugs near the lower decks.”, came the pilot’s voice from the front.

“What do you think Miss Foreman? Go in full quiet, or go in where we go loud if needed?”, Talos asked her.

“We know there are not many in there, only women so. Not too much of an issue. However, going in with stealth would prevent any reinforcements. Despite their lack of training. They would still out gun us.” Violet pointed out, “I’ve had my full of loud and proud. I need to get use to some Stealth.” She claimed.

“Fair enough. The armor will have to stay. Doesn’t have RTC to travel to the station, so the shuttle will have to dock if we actually need it.”, He said with a nod, “You heard the lady pilot, bring us up.”

Violet remained silent, holding the seat she sat on. Her grip was tight as her mind was filled with the vivid memories of the sight she saw.

He again gently placed a hand on her shoulder, “Don’t worry, we’ll protect you. You got my back, and I’ll have yours. Stay cool and everything will go fine.” He gave her a smile through the transparent visor, giving the shoulder a pat before stepping towards the airlock. “You ever EVAed before?”

“I cannot say that I have. What is it?” Violet asked as she stood up preparing herself.

“EVA stands for Extra Vehicular Activity. In short, we’re going for a space walk. You’ll need to watch closely since you’ve never done this before, but you’ll get the hang of it. You’ll use the armor’s thrusters to navigate space. It’s a short hop to the station, so a walk in the park for a first time. Come on it’ll be fun.” Talos magged his rifle to the back of his armor before stepping into the airlock, and waited for her to enter as well.

“No, I have never done that. If you lead the way, then I shall follow your lead.” Violet was ready to get ready to head out.

Talos activated the controls for the airlock, causing the atmosphere to be cycled until the the space was vacuum. Where as before there was the hum of the ship, it was now very quiet the vibrations for the sounds now resonating through their armored boots. The doors then opened to reveal the station hanging in space before them. [“It’s always such an odd experience the first time. But I personally enjoy the feeling of weightlessness. Let climb out and onto the hull. We’ll use the ship to kick off from.”], He said over the radio. The armor plated snapped into place over his visor as the surface of the visor itself became a solid matte red, his face no longer viewable. He gave her a nod before swinging himself on a handlebar and out onto the hull, his boots magging to the plates with a faint thump only he heard.

Violet followed after Talos, struggling in the beginning. However being able to catch herself and slowly follow after him. She was new to the entire ‘Space’ thing. Being stuck planetside for most of her life, was one of a few things she was cursed and blessed with.

Talos after he was sure she was good, disengaged his mag boots, and with both legs kicked off the hull. To violet, it must have looked like he jumped, but didn’t come back down as he sailed away. A moment later his thrusters would pop out from the covers on his back and ignite with blue plasma emissions. Speeding up his rate of travel much more.

“How the…” She just looked as she tried to keep the course. ‘This is amazing!!! I just wish I knew how to use it!’ She thought to herself.

[“The controls for the thrusters are linked to the controls on the suit’s wrist. Direction is controlled by tracking of where you look. Simply look at your destination and the thrusters will auto orient to take you there. If you had a Geist, you wouldn’t need to do either, but think of what you wanted to happen.”], Talos explained over the radio again. He kicked his legs forward which flipped him and fired his thrust in burst to stop his spin, then several more to slow down. He landed on the station’s hull shortly later with another dulled thump. [“This will be the tricky part. Do as I did. You need to slow so you can land.”]

As she looked down at the armored hands. She attempted to pilot the armor and follow suit. With the initial start taking a, to say the least, a rough and bad start. She eventually made her way over to him, [Easier stated then done.] She said as it was difficult for her to pilot.

He made sure her landing was at least not a rough one, helping her land safely. [“You’ll get it with practice. I’ll teach you more later when the circumstances are better.”], he said as he waved for her to follow him to a nearby hatch marked as maintenance. He focused his carbine on it as he hacked the panel remotely and activated it to open. The large hatch swung open, and making sure it was clear, swung himself in. Basically done in reverse as when they had exited onto the hull. He waited for her to enter as well before activating the controls to cycle.

Falling in after him, she hit the floor, at least on her feet. The area was quiet. Unmanned, but the bullet holes and damages left behind from the fighting from before was still visible. A set of corpses, eaten, rotten, and mutated were all piled up. Decrepent and necrotic, they reeked a horrid odor. Violet upon seeing them held firm, use to the smell, but it was the ghastly mutilation of the bodies that hit her right in the heart. [Ugh… war never changes does it.] She stated as she walked over to the bodies.

[“Only the weapons they’re fought with. Thank the void for sealed helmets and rebreathers. Best not to expose ourselves to the open air here. Let’s continue with ECS engaged, it’s the blue button on your wrist controlled. Once active, the outline of me will still be viewable on your Heads Up Display.”] He walked forward with his rifle ready as he disappeared in a haze of faintly glowing particles.

[“These corpses are at least weeks old… but… how could that be possible. This event took place no less than a week ago. Unless… Crimson had been planning this.”] Violet realized the situation then got up and turned to Talos, [“We need to figure out where this Azazel character is and grab him now or these bodies might not stay motionless forever.”] She said looking at them squinting.

[“Affirmative. Let’s get moving. Any idea which direction to take from here?”], Talos asked as they advanced, his rifle shifting aim between all the bodies. He’d fought through necros before, and he was not keen on a repeat so soon either.

[“If I was a demon who had control of a station completely full of women. Where would I be…”] She stated thinking for a moment. [“We should check the garrison barracks.”] Violet stated.

[“.......did….you just say…..full of women? The fuck….wait no don’t tell me. I don’t want to know.”], He said shaking his head. This was getting more and more disturbed by the minute. It agitated him how twisted these people were.

They continued through gore and mutated filth encrusted corridors as they followed the signs. Talos was the most unsettled around the bodies as they passed them, never wanting to let them leave his view, which given the number of them they were seeing was almost impossible.

Violet found the barracks and pulled out her pistol. She opened the door and stared for a moment. She then slammed the door shut and turned to Talos, [“Do NOT. Go in there.”] She stated firmly. [“I do not care about your protocol, I’m giving a Royal Order. Do Not Enter The Barracks.”] Her voice was very serious and strict.

[“What did you see?”], he asked.

[“Something that gives all women nightmares.”] She simply put. [“He’s not there, so we need to keep moving.”] Violet stated grabbing his arm.

Talos pulled the footage from her suit’s computer without a word, and simply followed along as if he was still unaware of what she saw. He gave no argument as he let her lead him away, sending a discreet order for a cleansing of the station later. [“Yes ma’am, where next then?”]

[“I’m just going to assume you know what was in there. Using whatever sciency doohickies. We need to see if we c-”] Violet stopped ducking behind a wall, seeing a man standing there in the main atrium. He looked hunched over. Just standing there, as it turned out there were dozens of them.

[“I don’t see a way around them. We could backtrack, find a way around?”], Talos suggested as he peeked around her and the corner. They wouldn’t need to worry about being seen, or smelled at least.

Violet nodded, [“Agreed… wait… who’s that guy? How is he… talking with them just fine?”] she said as she was dumbfounded looking at this older man just walking around with the Zeds.

Talos zoomed his visor’s view in on the man, a tall figure in all black power armor…….Revenant power armor. A great coat was worn over the suit, and a white skull was seemingly hand painted over the visor’s armored plates. He was confused until he heard the voice for himself, causing him to freeze still. [“Lazarus.”], Talos growled.

Lazarus walked along like a bored man, armored hands in the pockets of his coat pockets, except for a moment to adjust the hood of the coat over the helmet. “Disgusting, such abominations can’t be even considered useful. You pitiful creatures lack elegance and precision, just mindless rapid dogs.”, He scoffed. He figured none of these things would even answer, but what could he say, he was bored. “Worse. Contract. Ever.”

“M-many we serve…. we diiiiie for our kieeng…” one of the Zeds responded to him. Wearing an officers uniform. “Weei May be undead howevvver we caun speakh.” He corrected Lazarus. “Intruuders in therrd wing Mr.Lahzzerusss.” As he pointed off in the direction where Violet and Talos were.

Violet ducked behind the wall heating and seeing that. [“Titty sprinkles! We have to go now or else we’ll be pummeled more than a Dovania in a cat house.”] she stated as she was understanding her hateful glare at the man. Not knowing him, but anyone here could be seen as an enemy. So she tried to pull Talos back so they can go the other way around.

“Then shut up and go get them. Why waste time pointing that out when you could be chasing them down.”, Lazarus said annoyed, “Not enough brains were preserved in my opinion.”

Talos picked the teenager up and gave a thrust assisted sprint back the way they had come from, before darting into a side hallway. He took a long run around, even as he heard the echoes of the horde back down the halls. [“shit balls, shit balls, shit balls, shit balls.”], He repeatedly cursed as he did so.

The officer Zed heard it, “Geeeeeet theeeeem!” He groaned as they swarmed out. “That included youuu Mr. Lazzzarusss…”

Lazarus gave a sigh of utter annoyance, “Fine, since you incompetent fools can’t do anything by yourself. I was hired to guard your “King”, not hunt down pests.” He took another route figuring they would try to take a route around instead of straight up running away. The S6 goons were stubborn like that, and where there was one, there would be more.

Talos kept running until he couldn’t hear the horde anymore, [“I...I think we lost them.”]

[“Are we… at the control center.”] she said looking at the doorway in front of them labeled [COMMAND] though no one stood outside it, and lights flickered.

[“Sure looks like it, but there are no guards. I don’t like that particular detail at all.”], He said setting her down gently before reading his rifle. He switched the fire select to full auto as his armored hand reached for the door control.

The door opened, and there were women there in armor and weapons. Most of them looked jazzed. Azazel, stood at the top of the control room, overlooking the controls.

His Space black wings were folded. From the look they had, his eye was a sapphire blue. His skin was a light tan. Hair was short, and crimson. From his expression he seemed to be calm and collected. As two women stood as his side. He wore a complex combat armor. As well as two swords at his hip.

Talos would slowly put his hand back as to not draw attention as he went to push Violet behind him, the words ‘Fuck Buckets’ going through his mind. Where was the BRRF team when you needed em. He then pulled a plasma grenade from his belt and armed it, before tossing it in and shutting the door. [“Retreat.”], he said calmly as he kept his rifle trained on the door, even as the detonation was heard.

Violet shouted [“What was that?!] after the explosion went off, and readying her gun. [“ Now they know where we are…”] she said as she heard the hoard approaching.

[“They already knew when I opened the door, he was right there. Now fucking run! I’ll cover.”], Talos shouted back as his hands gripped the rifle tightly. He kept it trained on the door as he forced them to backpedal, but stopped as he and Violet bumped into something. [“Shit balls.”]

“Well aren’t you two lost. Two mice in a den wolves, not the brightest pair are you?”, Came Lazarus voice from right there. He looked down at Violet with the skull painted faceplate. His hand seized her with augmented strength as a hand cannon was suddenly to the back of Talos’s helmet.

Violet dodged the grab and ducked under. Whipping her pistol around and firing a couple shots as she rolled back. Only to be grabbed and thrown against the wall by Azazel. Whom earlier jumped down from the vents. “It’s nice to see you again Mrs. Gorgan. How was your visit back with your mother?” Azazel asked Violet, obviously not knowing her true name. “A pity you come back with weapons. Have you come to join my harem?” His voice was, unusually calm, and was almost synthetic and fake. Though with a hint of truth.

Turning to Lazarus he said, “Have you any information on them Mr.Lazarus? From what I’ve gathered. She’s a peasant farmer of a Nepleslian world. I not know whom that one is.” He said looking at Talos.

His face, it was Kyle’s, though his eyes were dull and dead. His voice augmented and changed. His body, stronger and more of a man. He was different, yet looked the same. Something was up, his humanity, no longer amongst them. But the dead ham that use to be him, that, that was still there. His ring was absent, as well as his scars. A now body perhaps. Maybe upon closer inspection Talos might have been able to tell, but now he could see Azazel did also have a Crimson and blue eye, such as himself. Staring at him, like a man who lost his soul to the devil would. Maybe Kyle was still in there, but as of now. He was as good as dead.

“The girl I know nothing of, but him….the white wolf on his armor says it all. He’s a ex-slave, made to be expendable fodder for warlords who can pay. Tell me puppet, how is father these days? Still a weak, pitiful dog? You Fenrir rejects were always such a sad bunch. I hear he has the title of lord now even, as if that changes what he is.”, Lazarus said with a chuckle, the pistol rounds having done little against power armor grade shields.

“Says the rabid dog of Psychopomp, how does slavery feel you sick fuck?”, Talos quipped back through his helmet’s speaker, “And that’s Lord Major Talos to you. I am no one’s slave anymore, just a man. Let the girl go, and I’ll tell you about the forces that are on their way.”

[“You’re Psychopomp…?”] Violet responded with the question. [“Then out of the terms of our alliance. You WILL let us leave Lazarus. Unless you wish for your boss to kill you himself.”] She said, still stuck in the wall.

This caught the attention of Azazel, “Then that must make you from Dovania doesn’t it… Well, a pity it is. Lazarus is under our contract. Your pitiful alliance has no power here.” He was walking over to Violet and resting his hand on the handle of his sword.

“I don’t work for those pigs anymore anyways, I took my freedom by force. They mean nothing but a target to me now.”, Lazarus said with a chuckle.

“Then what about for your daughter Lazarus? What about Nora, and your infant grandchild?”, Talos asked with a tone that said he would at least get the enjoyment from dropping that bombshell. “The one Psychopomp took from a baby girl and made a weapon, who had her childhood stolen, just to be made just. Like. you.”

Lazarus paused at this for a moment, his expression unseen, hidden behind armor. “Then the tip was right…...So be it.”, he said simply. With a blur of motion he his hand cannon was pointed towards Azazel as rounds were unloaded, the other hand pulling out his scythe as it extended out and the plasma blade was emitted. There was the thunder of the .455 rounds, and the sparks as plasma cut the metal of the walls, the blade being swing in a wide yet fast arc.

As Azazel had predicted with his pause. He flew back into the vents before he unleashed his clip. His bullets, hailing into Violet. The armor could only withstand so many before one of them clipped her in the neck. Her arms were stuck in the wall and could not move, though she screamed in pain. As the horde rushed forward and pounced on the group.

The door swung open and women started to open fire with carbines and assault rifles. Throwing a frag out before. Taking cover again.

Lazarus spun his scythe to block the incoming rifle rounds as his other hand switched the hand cannon to a Harbinger SMG, and spraying the horde. Talos fired the 40mm plasma grenade he had loaded into the launcher on his Harbinger carbine into the women before turning and opening fire into the hore as well on full auto. He managed the medical systems in Violet’s suit as he did, making sure the suit’s defib unit was ready as needed, and as medical nanoes were injected into her system to seal the wound. The undersuit’s sealant would begin to run from tubes around the puncture in the suit and congeal over the wound, stopping the bleeding and providing a sterile hermetic seal.

Things were looking rough and close to the end until gunfire erupted from behind the horde.

The horde was effectively mowed down. The women closest to the grenade were vaporized, and the furthest were scorched. Again rendering them ineffective for combat. Violet however, did not fair too well, she was vomiting in her helmet from the pain, and beginning to drown herself in her own vomit, unable to remove her helmet.

With the horde dealt with, Lazarus turned his attention to the women, and tossed in a frag. Talos quickly slung his rifle before removing Violet’s helmet and dumping the spewed contents out, then working to free her from the wall. It took a good amount of effort to unbend the wall, but leaned her against the wall in a sitting position as he checked her over. “Don’t worry, the pain meds i’m about to give you should help. We need to get you out of here. Lazarus, cover us!”, Talos said as he triggered the medical system in her armor to inject pain meds before wiping vomit off her face and putting the helmet back on. He then picked her up in a princess carry as the BRRF team joined them.

The women were all dead, or as good as dead when Lazarus threw his frag. No further resistance was put up. As the rest of them that weren’t intercepted by S6 were able to flee via escape pods. Azazel was still there however.

Over the Intercoms:
[“Hello there. I have noticed that you’ve come here for me. Well if you want it. Come find it.”] Azazel stated as the comm cut.

Talos carried Violet with the BRRF as guard, heading back towards the dock to get her out of there. Lazarus followed them as well, his scythe and SMG ready.

The halls were empty, only the bodies of the dead laid the floor unmoving. [“This seems too easy…”] Violet sickly said.

Talos agreed with her, this was too easy, but he knew the squad around them were feeling the same thing. This was apparent as their guns were kept point at a body at all times as they moved together. He just needed to get her to the shuttle, then he could worry about dealing with the creatures here. He sent a signal to his armor which was relayed to the pilot of the craft. As the shuttle landed in the hangar, the armor disembarked, having kept it’s guns ready as it did.

Lazarus was paranoid as usual, ready for something to leap, to attack. Some job right, working for mad scientists worse than those he left, and now he had a lead on this supposed daughter of his. The inconvenience of the whole situation irked him greatly.

It was then when the ‘too easy’ tension broke. The entrance to the hanger was blocked by dozens of undead, equipped with C4. They turned to the group with smiles, as they charged towards them.

Talos cursed as he sent a signal to the armor, the unit’s FiVER shoulder unit launching 2 of it’s missiles to blow a hole through the hangar entrance, it’s hypershift rotary chaingun spinning up as it began to strafe. Lazarus opened fire with his SMG as the squad of five BRRF opened fire with their Harbinger guns. 4 carbines, and a LMG rattled as plasma rounds lit up the compartment.

As they fell to the fire, they exploded, more and more ran with speed, as they got closer, they set off their C4 and detonated. Blowing up.

It was Lazarus turn to pick up somebody as he picked up Talos, as Talos still held Violet. He was quick to dash out of the way, taking a leap as the BRRF troops were dogpiled and sadly slagged. The Zytone armor stepped through the hole it had blown and surveyed the aftermath of the carnage.

Violet was just lost in the madness, [“I’ve seen intense and confusing warfare, but what the fuck are you doing?”] She shouted as they barreled through.

“It’s called saving your ass princess. And for the record, you’re pretty heavy for a little girl.”, Lazarus quipped back as he carried them towards the armor. Once there he set Talos down, who moved Violet to the armor. “Miss Foreman, I need you to get in the armor, board the shuttle, and leave. We’ll take the BRRF’s shuttle.”, He said.

Violet ran to the shuttle, [“If I see you after this I’m SO going to kick your ass Lazarus! RUDE!”] She called out as she entered into the shuttle, after she got herself into the armor.

Lazarus just smirked and waved as she left, and as the shuttle pulled away from the station. “You are still such an ass.”, Talos commented.

“Thanks for noticing, so what’s the game plan?”, Lazarus asked as they tuned back towards the inner part of the station.

As they sprinted to head towards the next dock, Talos answered, “Grab the shuttle and nuke the fuck out of this hell pit.”

Little to their knowledge, Azazel had swooped down to the shuttle. Cept behind Violet before she could fully enter her armor, and bit her on the neck, drinking some of her blood. Then flying out. Violet was not quiet though, she screamed. It was so high pitch and so eerie it would almost shred through eardrums.

However Azazel didn’t get far, as his way out was exploded, making his only way through Talos, Lazarus, and the rest. “Well… Shit.”

“Originally the mandate was to bring you back alive, but i’m starting to think…...nah, we can study a corpse. What do you think Kyle? Is it worth explaining to your wife and mother while we had to kill you?”, Talos said his rifle leveled at the creature.

“You’re starting to sound like me. Or, option B, we break your legs, remove your teeth, and I rip those wings. Mayb-”, Lazarus said before being cut off by the sound of fire from the Zytone’s RCG loaded with shock rounds.

Azazel dodged the shots, “I know not of the name you speak. I am Azazel. King of Demons, Ruler of the undead Hordes.” He stated, blood being noticeable from his mouth, as elongated teeth were now visible as well.

“Bitch, I’ve met a real demon, and you have nothing on her. You’re just a cheap imitation. A science fair project turned freak.”, Talos said firing his rifle, the armor tracking and firing after the creature.

Lazarus did the same with his SMG, “I don’t know who Kyle is, but this thing is starting to piss me off.”

Azazel still barely managed to dodge the shots, flying coser in before drawing his blades and charging towards Talos, “Really…” He uttered as he swung.

Talos fired his thrust into a slide going low, and fired up as he went underneath. Lazarus jumped, going high as he fired with his SMG. The armor armed two more missiles incase they missed.

The shock rounds connected, shocking Azazel as he went flying forward into the floor and twitching in pain.

Violet came out, her eyes were full of rage, yet kept a calm face. Walking up to Azazel with her pistol cocked. Her intentions were clear, she was going to kill him, given the chance.

Talos was quick to stop her as the armor tramped over and put another shock burst in him. Then the armor picked up his limp body in it’s armored hands, “Remember when I said we need him alive? Especially now since he bit you. So unless you want to die, we need him.” he said to her as he pulled her back and took the pistol.

“Can we go now? I’m bored.”, Lazarus grumbled as a mech entered the hangar and boarded the shuttle, a Possessor.

“Fine. Keep him alive. This will not be pleasing.” Violet said following after Lazarus. “I hope you take that armor off so I can slap you.” She said.

“Nope. Trust me, you’ll just break your hand trying.”, Lazarus laughed as he boarded the shuttle.

“Oh trust me, I’ll shoot him if he does. He’s target number one by order of Lord Pine. I’m letting him live because he helped us.”, Talos said with a gowl.

Violet only agreed to keep her calm. As she was far to angry with the man who had bit her. Glaring at Azazel as he was dragged.

Both shuttles pulled away from the station, and starfire rounds as well as streams of plasma were lat loose on the station until it was destroyed completely. “Quarantine and cleansing complete. Subject contained for transport, RTB to the Black Dragon for transport. BRRF teams will be waiting.”, Came the pilots voice as they flew off.

“Violet, we’ll have to have the doctors give you a once over to assess if you’re infected, or not. I believe it might be time to inform the king of the situation. I’d rather not have bringing you for a check up as kidnapping.”, Talos said to Violet as he looked at the wound Azazel left in her neck.

It was nothing but a scar now on her neck, Violet sighed, looking tired. “I hate to admit it. However, I do think that informing his majesty will be required…” Looking down at her hands, ‘What to come of this adventure… may be my last…’

=== Back on Xuno | Royal Council Hall | Kyro’s Office ===

“You. WHAT!” Kyro shouted in a slight fit of rage standing from his chair, slamming his hands down onto his desk. “You tell me that you went on a military mission without authorization NOR did you either care to inform at least. This amount of disrespect and complete disregard for authority shall not stand!” He exclaimed to the three of them.

He then sighed and stepped out from his desk and walked over to Violet, whom was closest to Kyro. Embracing her in a soft hug, “Do not scare me again Violet. This is something I do not want you acting again. How do you think your mother would respond to this.” Kyro then turned to the two men, “Also, would you mind explaining further. As well as why Lazarus is here.” He glanced at Lazarus.

Violet stood silent, hugging back Kyro, as she silently cried, “I-I’m sorry sir…” She muttered as she was too scared and too emotional.

“Sir I take full responsibility for this. I acted on what I thought the best course of action at the time. This situation with Crimson is one NDC has been trying to keep minimized in outside of awareness. We are trying to avoid a disastrous pandemic. We may not have even made it out alive had it not been for Lazarus. He was….contracted by Crimson as security, but I got him to turn with mentioning Nora. I ask for forgiveness for my foolishness, and for pulling Miss Foreman into danger. I am fully ready to accept punishment.”, Talos explained with a tone that conveyed just how guilty he felt about the incident.

Kyro sighed and released Violet, “Go to medical immediately. Do not return until you are deemed safe.” He then waited for her to leave before he turned to his lover Orias, “What is your take on this. You seem rather silent.”

“NDC has dealt with these things in the past, and have a task force for it. I am not condoning what was done, but I can understand why it was done. This subject does have a potential of panic if it were publicly aware, and this Azazel character is rather concerning. From what the major has provided, it’s as if they were trying to copy me, as vulgar as that may be. I cannot honestly say whether he should be punished, or not.”, Orias answered calmly as she gave her view of the situation. “As for Mr. Lazarus, I have heard much, but I must say meeting him has been,.....not as expected. However, he was instrument in their survival.”

“I will not punish you two. Not with the conventional punishments. As this is a special case.” Kyro stated turning back to them, “No, I have something far more intriguing. Lazarus. I do believe you are the Father of a Nora are you not? Talos, I assume you know that this woman is under the control of Psychopomp?” He asked both of them.

“Yes sir, she was kidnapped from us during the exodus to Sirris VI, and we’ve been trying to figure a way to get her back. Something your recent alliance complicated, no offense.”, Talos admitted.

“That’s a detail you failed to mention major, very rude of you.”, Lazarus said from his chair.

Stepping over to the door, Kyro just left. “Wait here.”

Orias watched after him with a furrowed brow, “Dear?.....he left, he never leaves.”

After a solid 6 minutes, Kyro entered back, “I have a visitor that I should introduce. Well, it’s actually two. You should see who’s in here Miss.” He stated as he escorted Nora and her daughter inside. “There might have been a lack of information being traded.” Kyro admitted, still in his monotone tone, like there was no issue.

Talos kept a straight face, “Excuse my language, but when dafug did this happen? How long have you had my niece?”

Lazarus turned in his seat, and peered at the woman from behind the faceplate unseen, “So this is the girl?”

“My my, keeping things even from me my dear?”, Orias questioned.

“She’s been in Dovanian custody for about a month. Kept under the most elite guard and given the best treatment. For her condition was atrocious. Our first encounter, is actually today. This is the first time I have laid eyes on the woman.” He stated heading back to his desk, “Miss Nora, you have anything to say? I know we’ve been holding you against your will as a ‘political prisoner’. However, I will make the argument that we kept you in decent conditions for the time you were here. Please tell me if you had any issues.” Turning to Orias, “As for the secrecy, there was the threat of Crimson knowing of her. Therefore we kept her a secret from everyone. As we have identified that there is in fact one Crimson spy in Dovania. Where they are is still being determined. Though we’ve narrowed it down.”

Nora somewhat familiar with Talos, but was not aware of the identity of the figure in full black armor and great coat. “You have your majesty, and have kept me and my child cared for. Hello Sergeant Talos, it has been too long. I am not aware of who these other people are, I must apologise for that as I must seem rude. Your majesty, you said I have been held as a political prisoner, does this mean I am no longer being held?”, She said in a quiet voice.

The others remained quiet to allow Kyro to answer, curious of his answer. Orias included.

“The man in the mask is Lazarus. A very questionable individual, however your biological father, or sperm donor. Whatever title suits your fancy. Major Talos has only recently been assigned here, now being punished for almost killing my diplomat. The Demonic Sex Idol of a women to my left is Orias, soon to be High Queen of Dovania. I am Kyro-vek Dragon, High King of Dovania.” Kyro finished introductions, “As for you, you will be boarding with Major Talos and sent back home. I am giving an extra escourt of the DSS-Xuno to ensure that the travel back is complete. You and your daughter have been amazing guest, and you are always welcome to visit.” Kyro finished as he sat down and allowed for the others to speak.

“I remember you your majesty, we were forced to be comrades once after all. Granted, I realize I was rather rude on our last meeting prior to my capture. As for leaving, it seems I have missed much, and I wish to ask to stay here for the time being. Section 6 was leaving to strange new lands before my forced departure, and I have yet to even become familiar with this Dovania.”, Nora answered, “If not, I understand.”

“Yes well I am no Sergeant anymore, or at least for the time being. Yes, what was S6 has settled on a new world. We’re now now the New Dusk Conclave, and you ma’am, are now nobility. Lady Nora.”, Talos gave with a nod.

“My dear, what is said punishment?”, Orias asked.

Lazarus visibly sunk in his chair, dealing with the thought of even having a child.

Kyro raised his eyebrow to Nora’s claim, “You mean to say you wish to stay with Dovania. Does this mean that you are interested in joining Dovania?” He asked curious, “As of punishment, you will not be allowed to participate in the upcoming Arret mission. You’re put in temporary leave. You can return in 4 months. Until then, pack your things. You will leave no later than 20:00.” Kyro stated, as this was more of getting rid of him for a time being, seeing as he had done a minor offence. His thought process making it possible for that time to be cut if he changed his mind. Or was convinced.

“Joining is not quite what I meant, but I wish to get to know a land before I leave. I can assist on operations if need be if I can find someone to watch the little one. What will be done with my father?”, Nora clarified before asking a question that had begun to nag at her.

Kyro simply nodded, “Course, arrangements would then remain the same for the time being with you miss. However, when it comes to military affairs.” He waved dismissively. “I won’t accept unless you’re officially dispatched here. You’re a guest, not a militarnt assistant. As Major Talos was. As for Mr. Lazarus, since he has not committed any crimes other than trespassing. He will be escorted out of Dovania and sent off to go do whatever it does he does. Dropped off at a station outside of our border. Not wanting to deal with him. Since he is a man whom joins no nation.” Kyro stated as he turned to Orias. “Coronation will be soon, and since she will not be allowed with military operations. Perhaps I can organize you to fit in with the Civilian and Repubic affairs. I’m Sure President Questberg will be very much appreciative to meet someone not from Dovania. You see, he deals with internal affairs. Law enforcement and regulation of the Militia. You might be of assistance there.” As he suggested to Orias and Nora.

“Honey, I don’t mean to go against what you’ve decided, but in the case of the Major. He has done us a service and eliminated a potentially catastrophic threat. They got out alive, and learned their lesson through that I believe. Must we be so harsh on a man for him doing as he’s been ordered? It’s also obvious that this was information of a threat that was not brought to our attention. It was a situation in our territory, yet it was our ally who had to deal with it. This should be considered.”, Orias sadi firmly, “Also I wouldn’t go so far as to say sex idol, I used to be known for much more.”

“Not to interrupt. But I find it’s true that I have a daughter, and you already are wanting to keep me from her, and kick me out the door. I don’t join a fucking nation, because they all just want to see how they can use you. I will not be anyone’s slave any longer, but I will also not leave a child I’ve been denied to meet. Especially considering what was done to her.”, Lazarus protested.

Kyro stood firm on his Lazarus decision, “You can see her when she leaves. However, under my laws, you have no rights here. Witch means you can be executed right now. Due to me having some respect, I hold back that claim. Being very lenient with you already.” Turning to Orias, “I can see your point. I do believe that it was too harsh, however, punishment still needs to be dealt. As of now, I have deduced it to a week. I’m sure it’s a clear enough message. When it’s comes to the comment I made of you, It was purely to acknowledge your beauty.”

He then stood as he made his final statements, “Lazarus will leave here at once. No further question. I will give the man 20 minutes to speak with her before he will be told to leave.” Turning to Talos, “You will be removed from Xuno for the next week. Are there any further questions.”

“I will leave with the Major. I wish to speak with “Lord” Pine.”, Lazarus said.

Talos just looked at him, “You must have a death wish bud. He’ll probably shoot you before you even talk.”

“A risk I am willing to take, my priorities are a little changed as of now. Not like I’ve had anything to care about before.”, Lazarus replied back to the Major, “Besides, should score some points for Dovania at my “capture”. If you even care for such matters.”

Kyro remained silent as they spoke, “You May leave my office now gentlemen.” He said as he grabbed out more work from the mountains of stacks and continued. Having been working 4 days straight. This meeting bringing him a headache. Though he wouldn’t not show it.

Talos sighed, “Come on creeper. You got 20 minutes, then we’re leaving.”

Orias walked over to Kyro and began to massage his shoulders, “Well I think that went well. Is any of that work load digital? I can do that for you if it is.”

“Everything here is the paper copies, the digital copies were completed weeks ago. The paper ones are still needed to be done. The dual documentation policy I have placed is very effective, yet a long process. Especially for a Planetary scale. I need to hire a few secretaries for this. Or else I won’t be able to leave the office.” He stated exhausted, “And with the ever looming possibility of the delay in development of the IGR and armor. This only pushes Arret. Making a risk for the colonist health and safety. I need to protect and ensure my people are safe. Dovania comes first, allies come later. And with the stunt they pulled, while effective. Still didn’t think to even inform me or you.” He sounded slightly frustrated, “Me and Miss Foreman WILL have words.” He concluded.

Lazarus, Talos, and Nora left the room as they were dismissed. Talos stood to the side, and let the reaper of a man have his twenty minutes.

“Hello father, I met the other you, and I felt hopeless at what an animal he was. But I had hope that we would meet. You already don’t act like the other.”, Nora said looking up to the man.

Lazarus actually knelt before her as he removed his helmet, a five o’ clock shadow on his face of black hair. “I had heard rumors, but I didn’t believe. I must ask, who was your mother? No, seeing you now, I see her clearly. What have those bastards done to you? So cruel as to take the youth and innocence of an infant from her. I see you have a child of your own, has the man treated you well?”, Lazarus said, a mix of emotions in his eyes.

“At least they’re alive. I agree they not in the right, but they were doing what they thought right. I guess it takes a devil to play devil’s advocate. Now hand me a stack and a pen my dear, no way am I going to let my future husband commiserate at a desk without help.”, Orias said with a quick peck to the cheek before pulling up a chair.

Kyro abided and banded her a very elegant and expensive looking pen. Which was actually not very as materials were not hard to come by to make such pens. “I’m now forced to enlist my wife to the very monotonous position of paperwork.” He stated with a chuckle as he continued on. “Let us hope this doesn’t become more of a problem. And we have demons or undead knocking on our own door. Yet, with how fate works. It very well as much might happen.” Kyro commented on the situation.

“Good thing we have our own demon. I am more skilled then I look, especially with a blade. But let’s claim victory on the paperwork first.”, She giggled as she got to work.

“Not any more then mo- I mean lady Weiss would allow. Despite the forced servitude, she treated me well enough. And yes, Frank has been a sweetheart”, Nora said.

Talos cringed from the corner, knowing Frank’s fate, and how much that truth would hurt her.

This peaked his eyebrow, “Well that is an interesting twist. I will have to thank him, and Weiss the next time I encounter her. I admit, I wouldn’t mind such an encounter again. Well, my time is almost up, I must go, but I will be waiting as long as you grandfather stays his hand.”

Seven Dovanian Royals Guards entered, they were all knights, with 1 Dragoon. The Dragoon approaches them, “We shall escort you to your transports out gentlemen. Please follow us.” He stated in a calm and almost friendly manner. Seeming like an individual that has never seen combat. Their equipment was combat armor with a strange metal. Along with Mavericks. The other six knights seeming younger and again, seeming not as experienced.

Lazarus followed as Talos joined him, and they were escorted to the shuttle. Nora watched as they were sent off, a sad feeling to see familiar faces come and go so quickly. But she had a better feeling now that she had met the one person she truly knew in any sense.

Another Royal Guardswoman entered, however, she was only an Apprentice Knight. She approached Nora and took a slight bow before stating in, very broken Trade, “I am escort for you miss…” Seeming happy, yet just as nervous. Having been apart of the newer batch of DRG, due to the older ones having been dispatched elsewhere for a secretive mission.

“Yes, I am ready.”, Nora said with a half bow back as she cradled the infant girl in her arms.

As they left, it was only Kyro and Orias working on the work in his office. When a final thought suddenly hit the man, ‘This kingdom I have forged is large. What will come of it when others discover of our existence… we’re not ready for a war.’ His expression now quite clearly concerned. As this was daunting on him. Crimson had connections. They could always just tell others where Dovania was. But it was a matter of when.

Orias was observant as she worked, seeing the shift in expression. “What is troubling you my dear? You should know by now that I can read the changes in your composure like a road map to your emotions. And right now, I can practically see the weight that has settled on your shoulders.”, Orias commented looking up with a worried expression as she continued righting.

“A war on four fronts, and we’re in the middle of it. Not even our allies can change this war. We need to prepare fast. For within the course of a year, we will encounter another great evil out here. And Yamatai will discover our existence.” He clenched his hands, knowing full well that his chances were slim, and that he had to do everything in his power to stop this from happening.

“Then we grow as a people, as it will be the will of the people that our nation survives. We lead, but we are not solely the strength that brings victory. Our people will thrive if we support them, and in return they will support the nation. Prosperity comes to those who work for it.”, Orias said placing a gentle hand on Kyro’s.

His concern remained, though, not as strong as when he first thought. Giving her a kiss on her forehead, he turned back to his work. “First Law: The Right of the people of Dovania, to remain free from any force that will bring harm to them. Shall be enforced in any and all circumstances. No nation nor faction will stand in our way.” He stated.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back