• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at stararmy@gmail.com or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy

Approved Submission {NAM} 12mm RPB Pistol

SUBLIMEinal

Producer Information
Designer: Nepleslian Arms and Munitions
Manufacturer: Nepleslian Arms and Munitions
(Suggested) Price: Military use Only

Nomenclature Information
Name: NAM 12mm RPB Pistol
Type: Rocket-propelled round
Role: Military-issue Sidearm
Length: 31.2 cm
Weight: 2.9 kg

Discharge Information
Projection/ammo type: Rocket-Propelled Bullet
Firing Mechanism: The hammer strikes the firing pin of the rocket, sparking the propellant, which shoots the rocket forward. The expelled propellant gas knocks back the hammer, re-cocking the gun.
Caliber: The round is 12mm wide, and about 3 cm long.
Effective Range: About 200 meters is as far as human accuracy can take the round without some kind of stabilization.
Maximum Range: Up to 2000 meters, with maximum power gained at 200 meters
Minimum Range: Rocket will be ineffective within 1 foot of firing.
Muzzle Velocity: Leaving the barrel, the round goes about the speed of a low-velocity bullet. About 3 feet from the barrel, the primary charge ignites, and the rocket gets an intense burst of speed, bringing it to about 200 mph above the speed of sound.
Muzzle Blast: The muzzle flash is extremely small, only a small amount of exhaust from the rocket, with a small hissing sound. There is a slightly larger bang when the primary charge ignites, and a rapid expulsion of gases can be heard, but this occurs a ways away from the gun itself.
Firing Mode(s): Semi-automatic
Recoil: The recoil is minimal to the point of going unnoticed by most shooters, and one tester even reported "negative recoil,â€

This suggestion has been implemented. Votes are no longer accepted.
About a week since submission but no reply, so bumpage.

The concept itself is technologically viable. Is there any problems with the design of numerical values? I know it's not my place to review submissions and such, but I'm just afraid this may turn into yet another case of Submission Rot.

I approve the weapon, but I don't think it'll ever be a standard sidearm due to its quirkyness--there's a reason rocket bullets have already failed at any attempts at selling in real life.

I see no reason why we should deny this weapon approval. Like the real world there are always quirky weapons out there.

So I approve of it.

I don't see any reasons it shouldn't be approved. At short range or windy conditions it is not going to be very good but a good shot at 75m will not be pleasant for the receiver.

--Bump--
Has anyone told him it has been approved, seeing as that is the unanimous decision?

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…