• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 May and June 2024 are YE 46.4 in the RP.

Approved Submission {NAM} 12mm RPB Pistol

SUBLIMEinal

Producer Information
Designer: Nepleslian Arms and Munitions
Manufacturer: Nepleslian Arms and Munitions
(Suggested) Price: Military use Only

Nomenclature Information
Name: NAM 12mm RPB Pistol
Type: Rocket-propelled round
Role: Military-issue Sidearm
Length: 31.2 cm
Weight: 2.9 kg

Discharge Information
Projection/ammo type: Rocket-Propelled Bullet
Firing Mechanism: The hammer strikes the firing pin of the rocket, sparking the propellant, which shoots the rocket forward. The expelled propellant gas knocks back the hammer, re-cocking the gun.
Caliber: The round is 12mm wide, and about 3 cm long.
Effective Range: About 200 meters is as far as human accuracy can take the round without some kind of stabilization.
Maximum Range: Up to 2000 meters, with maximum power gained at 200 meters
Minimum Range: Rocket will be ineffective within 1 foot of firing.
Muzzle Velocity: Leaving the barrel, the round goes about the speed of a low-velocity bullet. About 3 feet from the barrel, the primary charge ignites, and the rocket gets an intense burst of speed, bringing it to about 200 mph above the speed of sound.
Muzzle Blast: The muzzle flash is extremely small, only a small amount of exhaust from the rocket, with a small hissing sound. There is a slightly larger bang when the primary charge ignites, and a rapid expulsion of gases can be heard, but this occurs a ways away from the gun itself.
Firing Mode(s): Semi-automatic
Recoil: The recoil is minimal to the point of going unnoticed by most shooters, and one tester even reported "negative recoil,â€

This suggestion has been implemented. Votes are no longer accepted.
About a week since submission but no reply, so bumpage.

The concept itself is technologically viable. Is there any problems with the design of numerical values? I know it's not my place to review submissions and such, but I'm just afraid this may turn into yet another case of Submission Rot.

I approve the weapon, but I don't think it'll ever be a standard sidearm due to its quirkyness--there's a reason rocket bullets have already failed at any attempts at selling in real life.

I see no reason why we should deny this weapon approval. Like the real world there are always quirky weapons out there.

So I approve of it.

I don't see any reasons it shouldn't be approved. At short range or windy conditions it is not going to be very good but a good shot at 75m will not be pleasant for the receiver.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back