Star Army

Star ArmyⓇ is a landmark of forum roleplaying. Opened in 2002, Star Army is like an internet clubhouse for people who love roleplaying, art, and worldbuilding. Anyone 18 or older may join for free. New members are welcome! Use the "Register" button below.

Note: This is a play-by-post RPG site. If you're looking for the tabletop miniatures wargame "5150: Star Army" instead, see Two Hour Wargames.

• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 July 2024 is YE 46.5 in the RP.

NAM E3A Update

Sigma

Inactive Member
Submission Type: Military Update
Submission URL: https://wiki.stararmy.com/doku.php?id=nepleslia:na-e3a

Faction: Nepleslia
FM Approved Yet? I notified Kokuten but no explicit approval.

For Reviewers: Does it seem to fit the role of a gunship/transport?

Contains Unapproved Sub-Articles? No

Notes: Working on updating Uso-tech to be less crazy.

Changes:
- Reduced dimensions to be slightly larger than modern attack/transport aircraft
- Changed weaponry to reflect ground-attack role and emphasize lack of anti-starship weaponry
- Changed minor wording to reflect more specialized role
- Changed production to full scale

For updates, you need to list the changes.

I don't get the size change. This vehicle has already been used in the RP and I don't think we should retcon the size unless there was some mistake in the stats. Size is a defining characteristic and a change this drastic cannot be explained sensibly. You're basically turning a starship into a small craft.

I have no issues with the other changes listed.

My suggestion is to make the changes other than the size change and use this as your big dropship. A smaller, very similar "sister" class could be designed based on it that is the smaller size you are interested in. I bet Arieg would whip up a badass DOGA render of it, even.

Am mulling over what I want to do with this now, bearing in mind what Wes said. Please don't reject yet. The only comparable gunship/transport would be the Viper, which does seem in need of an update as well.

Not fond of getting new gear when simply updating the wiki articles for a lot of old/Uso tech makes them workable.

Right.

Changed it back to the original. Changed the weaponry from FTL lasers to current weaponry that have equivalent DR.

Changed mis-spelt named from "cuddlefish" to "Cuttlefish"

Changed from limited production to mass production

RPG-D RPGfix
Back