Star Army

Star ArmyⓇ is a landmark of forum roleplaying. Opened in 2002, Star Army is like an internet clubhouse for people who love roleplaying, art, and worldbuilding. Anyone 18 or older may join for free. New members are welcome! Use the "Register" button below.

Note: This is a play-by-post RPG site. If you're looking for the tabletop miniatures wargame "5150: Star Army" instead, see Two Hour Wargames.

• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 July 2024 is YE 46.5 in the RP.

NAM Sword-class Frigate

The interior descriptions need some love (why not make new or use exusting standard compartments?) and the emergency systems and life support systems have the same text. Also, not a huge deal but can you paint the backgrounds of the illustrations the new #000020 background color?

Was not informed that the background color had changed.

Will see what went wrong with the life support/emergency systems and work a little more on the interior.

Made requested changes to both articles except for the picture color. Haven't had time yet to do twiddle with it.

If possible, it would be good if the interior descriptions had enough information to give a general idea of what is in each compartment and what the ship interior(s) look like. For example, currently the medical bay entry only tells where it is, but nothing about it all all.

Arieg said:
Wouldn't an interior map be a good idea?

If by interior map, you mean one like what Wes has for the Plumeria, I dunno if Sigma would like to go that far, up to him though.

Otherwise, my suggestion is to go with a deck layout. Label what each deck has.

Ship is not meant to be a plot ship so I didn't think a map was necessary. Am trying to find an example of deck layout vs. ship map but can't find one.

Why not arrange it via stuff like 'Engineering Deck' for engines, reactors and sublevels. 'Military' deck (Stupid name I know.) for armories, bridge, and launch bays. And your living spaces deck for crew quarters, mess, wardrooms and what not?

I took the formatting from the DD5 Bison, which has no deck layout or ship's map. This is the same with the Blackjack Assault Cruiser. Not entirely sure why people want a map for a Nepleslian frigate when Nepleslian cruisers (which are used as plotships) don't have it.

Sigma said:
I took the formatting from the DD5 Bison, which has no deck layout or ship's map. This is the same with the Blackjack Assault Cruiser. Not entirely sure why people want a map for a Nepleslian frigate when Nepleslian cruisers (which are used as plotships) don't have it.

It was demanded in ship submissions right after they where approved.

Arieg said:
Sigma said:

It was demanded in ship submissions right after they were approved.
Checked with Kyle. Said it wasn't a requirement.

Other than the deck issue, I've worked on updating everything. Would like a tech mod to review this. If they say I need a deck layout, then I'll work on it.

I don't believe there is anything wrong, the only issues people had was with a deck layout along with the minor detail of the ships background image not being the same as the actual background of the wiki itself.

But otherwise, I'll give my word on this in a couple days.

Yea, I tried to look into that yesterday morning, but never finished the search.

Sadly, I don't know what the trichromatic would be for 000020.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back