• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 July 2024 is YE 46.5 in the RP.

Natalia Tactical Flashlight

Looks good, but shouldn't the LE version be more expensive than the civilian one, since it has a heavier construction and more output?

Ah, thank you for noticing that.

The LE/Mil version is cheaper because the company subsidizes the cost to encourage law enforcement and Star Army personnel to buy it.

The civilian version, comprising a larger market (after counting off-world sales) is the source of the company's subsidy.

If the flashlight is so small, how do its batteries interface with the Type 28 NSP charger? The NSP batteries are significantly larger.

Also, can we call this the Star Army Tactical Flashlight?

We've never actually detailed the BR-28 charger's dimensions or how it actually charges stuff — we just assume it does, since it's background stuff. Could we actually detail the thing, and then I could tell you for certain?

For that matter, we've never actually detailed how the BR-28(x) batteries give power to the NSP (where are the contacts on the batteries, essentially).

I'm willing to take on both of these small projects, as I have ideas for them. Just give me the green light.

And no, I do not want it called the "Star Army Tactical Flashlight" because it's not just for the Star Army of Yamatai. Any military or law enforcement agency could buy it, including foreign militaries.

The Star Army of Yamatai, if it adopts it, can call it whatever it wants, of course (Beretta 92F = M9 in U.S. military parlance).

The charger for BR-28 series is basically like the charger for a commercial radio battery. It's a tilted tray with 10 slots--each a couple inches deep to slide the batteries into (contacts down and display up)--allowing the charge status of each battery magazine to be visible. The BR-28 batteries are flat on the front (where the contacts are), sights on the top, sliding rails on the bottom, and a power display on the curved back.

I mean that currently, I envision your battery as not wide enough to touch both contacts in the charger. It's a very narrow battery.

If the NSP is about 1 inch thick/wide around the barrel area, the battery should also be 1 inch thick. I was assuming that, and I'm also assuming the battery's contacts are not at the extreme edges of the battery's front.

My assumptions could be wrong, of course; there's no data for me to really fall back on here.

What about an adapter that you put the battery into before putting into the charger?

That's smart. We could have an adapter that is shaped like an NSP battery and holds two flashlight batteries. The adapter could also make sure the batteries get the right amount of power, as I imagine the NSP charger is pretty high-voltage.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back