• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 July 2024 is YE 46.5 in the RP.

NaX-A-1a NOZH Power Armor

First, your Railgun has a DR rating which is simply too high. I mean sure, your weapons are made of strong metals, but can your shell's velocity do the same? Your railgun is said to be simple, so that is unlikely. If it were a DR 6, it would have a velocity and heat which could vaporize everything around it, if the weapon were used in atmosphere.

Your sword vibrating to do more damage is possible, though not DR 7 worthy. I may let it slide if you add some sort of energy component to the blade to aid it.

Also, given just how far it would advance Nepleslian technology, I would like a seperate submission for the Nano-Constructor layer. I want to know how they observed the technology in Maras, and how they obtained the data necessary to make this. I also wish to know just how much power it has.

Keep in mind that Maras couldn't just "make" weapons so much as integrate existing ones into its hull, and the speed it generates your plasma weapon is still frightening in comparison to its complexity and output. The fact it can generate metals of such density at such high speed is also enough to warrant more investigation.

Lowered DR of Railgun to 4, and then added plasma projector assembly to the blade to warrant the high DR (I'm not sure how good the write-up is. I can re-do it with a little more scientific acumen later, if you require).

I'll work on the write-up for the Nano-Construction layer later, although judging by the fact Nepleslia has industrial tech capable of constructing a sizable fleet in under half a year, I wouldn't say it's that large a stretch.

As for the Maras, I think I'll remove that bit entirely, as the diplomatic JPs introducing it to Nepleslia were, to the best of my knowledge, never posted, and as such non-canon.

Anyway, I'm off to have needles shoved in my back for a couple hours. *Shakes fist at allergist.*

(D-d-d-d-double post!)

Alright, I have fixed History to something more canon, and a little easier.

Also, Nano-Constructor System has been posted, as per Toshiro's specifications.

I'd still like to see the assembly time of the plasma cannon boosted a bit more, to indicate its internal complexity.

Also, you may want to consider at least one low output weapon for clearing debris or policing the unarmed, even if it only emulates a typical side arm. The approval of the submission is by no means reliant on this point, it is merely a suggestion--sometimes a little less power is required.

Alright, boosted Plasma Cannon construction time by forty-five seconds, and added in secondary functionality to the Plasma Projectors. Thanks for the suggestion, by the way. ^^

Please wikify the article by adding links to all applicable proper nouns such as armor names, organization names, and references to other power armors.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back