• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 May and June 2024 are YE 46.4 in the RP.

NCO Academy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kim

スター軍の司書
The Mikomi had not been orbiting at Yamatai for long before Nyton received new orders. It was a reassignment to go attend Leadership Training for Non-Commisioned Officers. Apparently it was mandatory as it came with the higher tier of the enlisted corps. "Damn, seems like I can never stay in one place for very long." Nyton said out loud after reading the message.

Nyton quickly gathered his things and began to bid everyone on the ship farewell. He'd certainly learned a lot during his short stint on the ship.

"Yamazaki, thanks again for pulling my butt out of the fire. Literally. You did good out there, soldier. You're a fine wingman. Looking forward to having you on my wing again sometime. Take care now." Nyton said and he smiled while he saluted her.

"No hard feelings, Freeman. It was a difficult mission, especially for your first time out in space. Next time drinks are on me, alright?" Nyton said with a tone of understanding after having forgiven the incident.

"Same for you Saeki. You take care of yourself too. Try not to get killed out there before I get back." Nyton said and gave her a thumbs up along with a nod.

"Ghi, thanks for all your help in the medbay. Couldn't have gotten things done without you. Have fun with your 'samples' now." Nyton said with a grin.

"Keep doing your best, Neka. Its a small world, I'm sure we'll see each other again." Nyton said with a slight nod to him.

"Captain, thank you for letting me be a part if your fine crew, if only for a short while. Good luck out there. I'll be eagerly awaiting the next time I can get out there and bust the SMX down some more." Nyton said and gave a deep bow.

"Glad to see you're feeling much better now, Haley. I'm sure you'll see your family again soon. You'll be a good girl now, right?" Nyton said as he kneeled down to look her in the eyes and give her hair a slight ruffle.

With his farewells complete Nyton departed the Mikomi and went about the orbital station to search for a transport heading planetside towards Kyoto. There was quite a buzz of information that bombarded him after they had arrived at Yamatai. The Empress had committed suicide, Nepleslia seceded to form their own empire, the SMX capitol planet had been overrun by the Star Army. So much history was occurring in his lifetime. He somewhat regretted having to leave the front while in the middle of so many significant events but orders were orders.

During his search he remembered to contact his parents and let them know he was still alive. The whole Nepleslian Secession had thrown things into uncertainty with his family.

"Why won't you just join the Nepleslian Army instead? They said they would allow Nepleslians to do so if they wanted to." his mother pleaded on the comm.

Nyton just shook his head. "I'm sorry, I know Nepleslia needs all the help it can get but I like where I am right now. Besides I've been making some pretty good rank and I like the people here."

They went back and forth for a while and he spoke to the rest of his family as well before finishing up. He hoped they would be well back home. Although by staying in the Empire he really was leaving behind his home, wasn't he? Nyton looked at his left arm and solemnly nodded. He was still Nepleslian regardless of his uniform. Right now it would do his home more of a dishonor to not serve faithfully and to his utmost. For now he decided it would be best to continue on the course he was on.

Nyton finally found a transport and after a quick explanation he was onboard and riding planet side towards Kyoto. During the trip he found himself feeling more and more sleepy. There hadn't been much of a break between the Sakura and the Mikomi. Nor had he been able to rest much after Tami. Slowly, he nodded off, dreaming of dreams where he would finally be the one in complete command of the battlefield......

Status
Not open for further replies.
RPG-D RPGfix
Back