• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 July 2024 is YE 46.5 in the RP.

Approved Character Nekki, Shin

I'm waiting on a PM from Wes about this one. I need to know if a brand-new player, not even yet in a plot, can have two characters in different settings.

1. Yamataians do not need glasses, as they have nanomechanical eyes. What are the glasses for?

2. Yamataians cannot have tattoos, as their skin regenerates over them.

3. ... If he knows about the plague, and how it was caused, yet hates the Motoyoshi and Ketsurui clans with such a passion, why is he serving in one clan's military? Why doesn't he defect to Nepleslia?

4. His dislikes ... does he like any race at all?

5. History: Very thin. You could afford to answer a few more questions.

a. Where was the school on Yamatai? How big was it? What kind of martial arts did it teach? Did it accept Nekovalkyrja and Nepleslians? What was its overarching philosophy (defense, not attack; conditioning leads to victory; peace is the solution to all problems, yadda yadda yadda).

b. Why did he become a voice actor? Did anyone inspire him? Teach him? Where did he go to school?

c. Where did his aunt and uncle live? How big was the house? Did he have friends growing up?

6. Skills:

a. You lumped "Physical" into "Fighting." You need to split the skills up and drop another skill. I strongly recommend on dropping "Humanities," as that skill is basically metagaming with how you've worded it.

Overall: Thin. It needs some work, but after addressing the list you'll be fine.

This character is pending. The submitter needs to address the list of edits above and reply, stating what was changed.

Doshii Jun said:
a. You lumped "Physical" into "Fighting." You need to split the skills up and drop another skill. I strongly recommend on dropping "Humanities," as that skill is basically metagaming with how you've worded it.

Aren't these usually lumped together? I mean... I've seen it... a lot.

Glad you brought that up.

Nepleslia's base skill tree DOES have the two lumped together. Yamatai's does not. However, Yamataian and Neko soldiers don't NEED Physical; their bodies are already at, or close to, peak efficiency in terms of muscle, flexibility and so on.

Not a major reviewer by any straw to the others and myself trying out a Neko character, but do you really need Physical? It seems like it can be merged with Fighting, I have done something similar with Katana skill though not as detailed (I probably should though).

When I think of physical, it's more the passive traits that make up that person, such as length of time they can swim, run, jump, etc rather than fighting styles. This is my opinion though, I'm not sure what else it includes (CCG states only "acrobatics, running, etc." with an option for power armor to be listed here. Not sure if it includes like "fast healer" or anything like that)

Just my 2 coins...

FiveMarks said:
I believe that I have fixed all of the problems Doshii had with my character.

No, you did not.

You did not expand upon the history nearly at all, as I asked you to.

You dropped Humanities, which is good ... but then you put in Physical, and made it about Fighting, which is not good. Just take the martial arts and add it to Fighting, then pick another skill. I can live with that. As long as you realize that most soldiers in the SAoY know some form of martial arts. Just because you know martial arts doesn't mean you'll be able to powergame through problems.

Last, but not least: *sighs* Remove the father as Nekki Basara; it's a copyrighted character, apparently. Thank you for pointing that out, Wes.

Oh. *rubs his head* Sorry about that. Alright then, it all looks good!

This character is approved for IC usage. Please file orders here.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back