Star Army

Star ArmyⓇ is a landmark of forum roleplaying. Opened in 2002, Star Army is like an internet clubhouse for people who love roleplaying, art, and worldbuilding. Anyone 18 or older may join for free. New members are welcome! Use the "Register" button below.

Note: This is a play-by-post RPG site. If you're looking for the tabletop miniatures wargame "5150: Star Army" instead, see Two Hour Wargames.

• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 July 2024 is YE 46.5 in the RP.

Neko's Inertia Control Ability

demibear

Staff Member
🌟 Site Supporter
🎖️ Game Master
🎨 Media Gallery
Character Forum Mod
So in one of my sleepless nights thinking of how someone with the superscience tech might possibly jam/interfere/counter the three components that allow Nekos to fly. Gravity manipulation sounds like suspensors from Dune that allows them to float/counter gravity to lessen their weight. Especially since they can do it in a vacuum provided there is something for the other two components to work with (so just need a reduction in weight). I figure electrostatic fields is what allows them to actually do more than float by pull/push charged particles in the atmosphere. Not quite sure what magnetic would contribute to, fine tuning?

So a possible counter (if you can even do it) would be:
Gravity: grav generator that increases local gravity to over 2g?
Electrostatic: Something that disrupts the field?
Magnetic: Make a powerful magnetic field that confuses the firmware/algos used to control the emitters? (super MRIs go brr knock knock brr)

TL-Demi is dumb - How do the three components of inertia control ability of NH-series lifeforms actually work to allow them to fly?

Last edited:
RPG-D RPGfix
Back