• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 July 2024 is YE 46.5 in the RP.

Approved Submission [Nepleslia] Awards and Medals Update

Legix

Inactive Member
Submission Type: Update
Template Used: N/A
Submission WIP URL: https://wiki.stararmy.com/doku.php?id=wip:faction:nepleslia:awards:awards_and_medals
Submission Destination URL: https://wiki.stararmy.com/doku.php?id=faction:nepleslia:awards:awards_and_medals

Faction: Nepleslia
FM Approved Yet? Yes, but @Gunhand4171 can re-verify as needed
Faction requires art? Yes

For Reviewers:
Contains Unapproved Sub-Articles? No
Contains New art? Yes
Previously Submitted? Yes

Notes: I went through and created artwork for many of the Nepleslian medals while also updating their descriptions to new changes, as well as removing the background and/or improving the quality of others. More might be added later, but there were no new recommendations so these'll do.

This suggestion has been implemented. Votes are no longer accepted.
I really, really, want to see a diagram added to this article that shows what this looks like on an actual uniform (for scale purposes, among other things).

Also, it's canon that Nepleslia uses the Service Award; could we add that to the page?

The Service Award was not listed, so I will get it added. If there are others you know of, @Wes, let me know. In the meantime, I'll construct a representation of how these appear on the uniform =3=7

If you want to make a page for individual awards, this is the template I've been using. You're welcome to make a Nepleslian version.

Code:
====== Burger Award ======
The Burger Award is a military [[stararmy:awards|award]] of the [[stararmy:Star Army of Yamatai]].

{{:stararmy:awards:burger award.gif|Burger Award}}

===== History =====

===== Requirements =====
The requirements to receive this awards are:

* Must be a member of the Star Army of Yamatai
  * X

===== Issuing Authority =====
The award is issued by:

* [[stararmy:occupations:starship captain]] or Unit commander
  * [[stararmy:personnel]]

===== Description =====
(Visual description of the medal)

{{:stararmy:awards:burger award.gif|Burger Award}}

It is worn on the [[stararmy:uniforms:duty_uniform_type_35#configurations|Type 35 Class A formal uniform]].

===== Notable Recipients =====
  * [[character:hanako]]

===== OOC Notes =====
This page was originally created on 2017/10/28 09:41 by [[user:wes]].

Have you considered making the combat valor award a neck ribbon like this?

fetch.php

If @Gunhand4171 would prefer that, then it isn't something that would be extremely hard to do. I simply modified it from its original badge-state so assumed it had to be one. Never had any issue, either, so yeh. Up to the FM input.

Gunhand said he prefered it as a badge worn on the uniform, @Wes, so it won't be becoming a neck ribbon. However, I did move it to a spot he considered better.

acdn.discordapp.com_attachments_280038594759098369_373890705786929162_presentation3.png acdn.discordapp.com_attachments_280038594759098369_373890707460456448_presentation4.png

Here's my suggestions:
  1. Move all the ribbon-style ones to the same area as the service award in the example. That is the canonical spot for medal ribbons accoding to the page for this uniform.
  2. Make them the same size so they fit together (not shown in my example)
presentation suggestions.png

Alternate placement idea. This way looks a lot more "clean" than the original placement in my opinion.

presentation suggestions.png

Alternate placement idea. This way looks a lot more "clean" than the original placement in my opinion.

View attachment 14779
Well, the only issues I have are two:

1. The Campaign Medals, AFAIK, aren't intended to be ribbons/the same size as them (as their original art does not highlight it like the various other artwork for other nations and awards at the time). That was the reason I didn't make them the same size as the ribbons that went beneath it. I placed them into the same field previously because it seemed to make the most sense in terms of the uniform's acknowledgments and their mixed category. I did attempt to make the personal honor ribbons, however, the same size. My apologies if that failed to be made evident.
  2. The neck ribbon is still something Gunhand told me he was against. I'd prefer not to make it one if the FM opposes it. That was the reason I moved it to the right pocket, which he preferred versus near the collar/neck. That raises an issue with the position of the Orbital Assault Badge that was moved as well. I don't have much of a better idea as to where it could go, however.

@Legix perhaps a little off-topic but what about Freespacers and other non-Nepleslians who serve? I'm never sure whether they would be issued uniforms or awards and I thought this might be a good place to have a yes/no to refer back to.

It's not off-topic, @Ethereal, especially given that TFFS is proof that it was FM-approved for Nepleslians to enlist non-traditional Freespacers.

In regards to that, I think it would be easy to believe they would be issued the awards that they qualified for while under Nepleslian service. Not all of them could wear uniforms, though, which does raise a good topic.

In the near future, I'll create some sort of article of clothing/cloth that non-simple body Freespacers and non-humanoids can wear (maybe a sash) and present a Nepleslian award set-up for it.

@Wes - That is basically the idea we had before, but the position of the OAB seems fine. There's not intended to be a whole ton of additional medals/large awards, so keeping those to the left side will be best and better free up the upper chest area for more ribbons in the future.

Last edited:
Edited to include 3 demonstration images (without anything, with the medals, and then one with boxes to show). @Wes, if you can think of any other awards that need to be added, let me know.

Can you please adjust the headings so that they don't jump from H2 to H5, et cetera, and make sure there's text after header section header?

I believe I fixed it. The only instance of H2 to H5 now is the beginning of a new section. If it still looks weird, then I'll need to modify the formatting some.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back