• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 May and June 2024 are YE 46.4 in the RP.

Approved Submission [Nepleslia] Kikyo Mercenary Charter

Charmaylarg Dufrain

🎖️ Game Master
Fluff article I made a while ago for people to quote or point to IC if they wanted since at the time there were a bunch of merc groups and stuff going on and most of the people running them liked the idea and i've waiting on yam FMs to decide if they ever wanted to recognize it IC so we could make it IC official and get a joint set of laws for mercenaries and stuff in the sector between the two biggest factions instead just making it of OOC official. But its been quite a while and i'm submitting most of my wips: while I have the motivation so~

As stated at the top of the page this is fluff. Its not intended to be some OOC rules to lord over people on. It makes it so mercs that sign it essentially get neps sanctioned permission to operate in and around its space and their legal protection in some cases outside of it so long as they don't commit warcrimes like nuking anyone. Mercs in the kikyo sector don't have to sign it and arent required IC or OOC to be a part of it but it offers IC incentives and legal protection.

@SirSkully

This suggestion has been implemented. Votes are no longer accepted.
FM Approval Needed.

Hi Charm,

Just a few things on this one

1. You have some incorrectly nested sections, please check your headings.
  2. The disclosure you have at the very top of the article should be down in the OOC Information.
  3. The top of the article should be one or two concise sentences about what the article is, followed by a History and Background Section which is required in all wiki articles.
Once these are corrected we can get this moving toward approval.

Fluff article I made a while ago for people to quote or point to IC if they wanted since at the time there were a bunch of merc groups and stuff going on and most of the people running them liked the idea and i've waiting on yam FMs to decide if they ever wanted to recognize it IC so we could make it IC official and get a joint set of laws for mercenaries and stuff in the sector between the two biggest factions instead just making it of OOC official. But its been quite a while and i'm submitting most of my wips: while I have the motivation so~

As stated at the top of the page this is fluff. Its not intended to be some OOC rules to lord over people on. It makes it so mercs that sign it essentially get neps sanctioned permission to operate in and around its space and their legal protection in some cases outside of it so long as they don't commit warcrimes like nuking anyone. Mercs in the kikyo sector don't have to sign it and arent required IC or OOC to be a part of it but it offers IC incentives and legal protection.

@SirSkully
Hi @SirSkully! It's great to see that you've put in the effort to create a fluff article for the Nepleslia Kikyo Mercenary Charter. While it may not be an OOC rule to enforce, it can serve as a useful guideline for those interested in the mercenary roleplay within the sector.

The idea of obtaining Nepleslia's sanctioned permission and legal protection for mercenary operations is certainly intriguing. It would create a more structured and regulated environment for the factions involved, promoting accountability and minimizing potential conflicts.

It's unfortunate that the Yam FMs haven't made a decision on recognizing it IC yet. Sometimes, bureaucracy moves slowly. However, it's still commendable that you've taken the initiative to draft this charter and propose a joint set of laws for mercenaries in the sector.

Hopefully, your efforts and the support of the mercenary community will eventually lead to its recognition and integration into the IC setting. In the meantime, it's up to individual players whether they want to sign and acknowledge the charter's benefits or pursue their own paths as mercenaries.

Thank you for sharing your work with us, and best of luck with your WIP submissions!

I finished the first two and the third part is already covered but I just cut part of it into the history since it was originally intended to be done in RP and then that would be the history after it happened but it never happened for reasons.

Hi Charm, the page still has incorrectly nested sections. Please check your headers, if you still have issues let me know and I will help you out. Thanks.

I have corrected it for you, what it is is you can't skip header numbers ---

ie. ======Main Title======
=====Next=====
====Next====
===Next===
==Next==

You had a lot that went:

=====Next=====
===Next=== (thus skipping ====Next====)

You can do things that go up or down one, such as:

=====Next=====
====Next====
=====Next=====

or

=====Next=====
====Next====
===Next===
====Next====

but you can't skip levels. Hope that makes sense.

Anyway fixed now and Approved.

Last edited:
Please remember to link the pages into other pages for Nepleslia as needed.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back