• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 May and June 2024 are YE 46.4 in the RP.

Rejected Submission Nepleslian National Security Office

Wes

Founder & Admin
Staff Member
🌸 FM of Yamatai
🎖️ Game Master
🎨 Media Gallery
This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
I thought the whole point of the Open RP area was that this stuff didn't NEED to be approved for it to be used?

But there are characters are now going into standard RP plots, and this is part of their histories. So we need to know if they can keep it in their history when moving to full-canon RPs.

Why not just edit that they came from an IPG background?

I won't lie, at first glance and when you looked closely the whole concept of the NNSO was just an IPG clone, despite the IPG already doing its job fine if IC posts are anything to go by. The NNSO was an organization with over a million dudes that had the same gear and the same training as the IPG for some bizarre reason that had just sprung out of the dirt when Homeside came back to the site (for the second time, mind you).

The only real thing that was keeping it up was the open RP plot and even despite that the GM pulled his Houdini act again and vanished. So why not just retconn that the characters came from an IPG background? The plot never left OpenRP anyway.

On top of that I remember people not wanting another IPG like organization with comparable equipment and training and there being a long thread about it. People didn't want it or the idea of huge armies of militia/national guard defending Nepleslia because the idea kept being added to and there was fear of it expanding even if it wasn't expanded initially.

Not approved, characters with this in their background will have it retconned to IPG service.

The NNSO is regrettably a failed open rp concept that I do not wish to see canonized. This is based on the fact that the IPG already serves such capacities.

I will be in contact with the involved players to discuss some form of compensation for the ret con

RPG-D RPGfix
Back