• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at stararmy@gmail.com or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy

New artist looking for work.

Would you prefer to draw a male or female character?

Your style (from what I've seen) would suit a portrait of Tom Freeman very well.

But in all seriousness, I like the linework you have.

Physical Characteristics

Height: 6 feet, 2 inches (184 centimeters)
Weight: 155 pounds (70 kg)

Build and Skin Color: Lithe and limber. Not particularly muscular, but very well toned. Very smooth, flesh-colored skin.

Face and Eye Color: Warm expression, usually complemented with a smile. The small skin creases along his eyes hints at prolonged exposure to the cold. He has grey eyes.

Hair color and Style: His yellow hair is kept short and spiky, with a wild flair to it.

BEAT YOU TO IT TOM!

Edit: Oh shit, didnt see that Tom already linked his post to his biography, and since Wes posted, my shame stays : (

I'll try Tom since he got here first. I'll start with a rough sketch, and if you like it I'll continue CGing it to finish. Any special elements not mentioned in the biography?

Like for example, what is he dressed in?

You get a choice:

Either standard-issue Star Army Uniform
Male uniforms consist of a jacket worn over a blue-gray T-shirt, with light blue-gray cargo pants. Like the female uniform, the jacket also has the colored panels signifying the soldier's occupational area.

Red panel

It's on the main site, but I can't link it since it's in a frame.

or:

A pair of slacks with a slightly poofy black sweater.

I prefer the more casual look.

The key is to try to capture the "essence" of the character, which is an outgoing and quirky person with a heart of gold.

You got a nice style. Reminds me of how badly I need to get a tablet, so my stuff doesn't look so damned sterile.

Valhammer said:
You got a nice style. Reminds me of how badly I need to get a tablet, so my stuff doesn't look so damned sterile.

You did that without a Tablet? Wow.

Wes> Thanks for the link ^^

Valhammer>Ah, i m sure ur havin a bad time without tablet :/ i used to suffer too, but actually thers another way of solving it if you had the patience to try , check the pentool under photoshop, tat will greatly helps. Hope u wil get ur own tablet soon ^^ and thanks for the commments, yet thers still more for me to learn and c&c (Critics and Comments ) are alwiz Welcome

Wow dude, he's like straight out of Tales of Destiny. That looks awesome. I especially love the expression.

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…