• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 May and June 2024 are YE 46.4 in the RP.

New.... critters... Ayrtors

SaltedFish

Inactive Member
Ayrtors

Overview
Home planet:

Biological Data:
Legs: 2
Arms: 2
Eyes: 4
Tails: 1, spiked and twice as long as the main body
Fingers per hand: 3 + opposable thumb, each with claw
Length: 3m
Height: 1.5m
Wingspan: 8m

Each Ayrtor looks like a small dinosaur-like being, but with leathery wings and armor plate on its body. Each arm is sinewy and contains a great deal of strength, and each hand, while containing an opposable thumb, are more suitable to rending and clawing than building or crafting. The armor plate, claws and teeth all have heavy metal despotits in them, making them strong and sharp enough to punch through 3cm of steel or cut through a 1cm steel plate. Their natural armor, found on their faces, jaws, chest, arms and thighs, is dense enough to deflect most smaller, medium to lower-high velocity projectiles and absorb most medium level energy blasts. Two eyes, which can be shielded behind transparent "eyelidsâ€

Woo, space dinosaurs! I give what's there so far one thumb up...the only thing is I can't imagine them being alone on their planet ;) Maybe a section about how they became the predominant species? It would be hard to justify extreme armor plating and muscle without something to hunt that would put up a fight, or without needing to put up a fight against a hunter.

Also, the Yamatai encounter bit would be up to the RP, I think - it seems that all the non-Yamatai races so far have had their discovery RP'd out.

SaltedFish said:
and no these things are not overpowered.
That's for the peanut gallery to decide ;)

Are the baby ones cute?

That would go a long way with me!

=^_^=

Kimura said:
Maybe a section about how they became the predominant species? It would be hard to justify extreme armor plating and muscle without something to hunt that would put up a fight, or without needing to put up a fight against a hunter.

Yeah, that bit slipped my mind.

Kimura said:
Also, the Yamatai encounter bit would be up to the RP, I think - it seems that all the non-Yamatai races so far have had their discovery RP'd out.

Granted.

Kimura said:
SaltedFish said:
and no these things are not overpowered.
That's for the peanut gallery to decide ;)

Fine fine.. grumble.. :p

Yuuki said:
Are the baby ones cute?

Of course. Think of those little tiny dinosaurs in Jurassic Park. Y'know, the ones that eat that little girl? Yeah, those guys. Only slightly less vicious.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back