• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at stararmy@gmail.com or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy

New fighter concept

Millia, you're my new best friend. That design scheme is classy, and pretty aerodynamic from what I see. Even though the square engine block on the back would create drag and thus slow it down in an atomosphere, it would probably be a better space-based craft than air-based.

Abwehran. As in nature if you put enough thrust behind it anything will fly, look at a bumble bee. In modern design the exact aerodynamics of a plane arent nessicart because computer correction ys more advanced. was watching history or one of those type channles when they were talking about some new warplane. If something is to stable in the air it cant change direction as fast as something that isn't. But this was more for a dedicated space fighter. i'll make another one later for use in both.

Glad you guys like the concept though. as for the "Wraith" wasent that the name of the little fighters in starcraft?

That it is and I would have to somewhat agree that it looks close to the design. But, in my opinion, the design of the fuselage is more akin to a Star Fury from Babylon Five than a Wraith from Starcraft.

And yes, enough thrust will put a bird into the air. But thrust doesn't make the plane if it's slower than a snail. Though, I understand this is mainly a space fighter, so I won't pester you about small details.

This reminds me of the fighters from Babylon 5 - what were they called, again?

EDIT: Must start actually reading posts and not skimming them.

That's pretty kickass, the first name that came to my head was Ship Duster, don't know why.

Looks really cool xD I'm liking it.

And "Wraith" is kind of cliche.

Any of the following would be nice: Volatilis, Velox, Pennipes, Levis, Celox or Celer.

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…