• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 May and June 2024 are YE 46.4 in the RP.

New Weapon idea=new weapons company?

Riko

Part Time Llama, Full Time Dude
Inactive Member
ok so i had an idea for a weapon, a shotgun to be precise, and well browsing the site I couldn’t really think of which company could accurately represent it, so if I created this idea of mine should I go ahead and create the company as well? Granted it would still have to go through all the proper channels and such to get approved, but anyway would that be a good idea?

It's never a bad idea to pitch something in the NTSE. Go nuts! But we have a lot of weapons on the site already, and quite a few active companies producing more than one product, so be prepared for scrutiny.

You could also produce it via a company, but have your own design. Depending on who runs the company, how this works will vary. Currently, I'm fairly certain Kokuten runs NAM, Soresu runs Zen Arms, Wes runs Ketsurui Zaibatsu, and I run Origin. Ask any of us about it, and more likely than not we'll see what we can do to help you.

You also need to do the same basic marketing and planning stuff real businesses do. Figure out who your target clients are and how can you pitch this to them. For example, Nepleslia has multiple shotgun models in its inventory, Yamatai has a single model, etc.

I'm not entirely sure about the need for another shotgun when most combat is done in power armor rather than as light infantry.

That's a good point. Who would the customers be? Arms manufacturers are SARP's most common company type and it'll be difficult to find an unfilled niche.

I should also mention that the two PC biggest factions have government-run arms manufacturers. That alone makes, in theory, difficult for non-government manufacturers to get into the military market because these two, Ketsurui Zaibatsu (KZ) and Nepleslian Arms and Munitions (NAM), have got the corner on their respective national militaries.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back