Star Army

Star ArmyⓇ is a landmark of forum roleplaying. Opened in 2002, Star Army is like an internet clubhouse for people who love roleplaying, art, and worldbuilding. Anyone 18 or older may join for free. New members are welcome! Use the "Register" button below.

Note: This is a play-by-post RPG site. If you're looking for the tabletop miniatures wargame "5150: Star Army" instead, see Two Hour Wargames.

• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 July 2024 is YE 46.5 in the RP.

NH-31 Minkan

Nashoba

SARPaholic & Admin
Retired Staff
Inactive Member
Convention Veteran
Submission Type: Species
Submission URL: NH-31 Minkan

Faction: Yamatai
FM Approved Yet?

For Reviewers:
Contains Unapproved Sub-Articles? Yes.
Previously Submitted? No

Notes: The NH-31 is essentially an upgrade to the NH-22C and provides a lot of the details that were always missing. It was annoying to have to ask Wes or other folks who were around when it was created, for specifics on the abilities.

For review and feedback.
Also this provides details on the development of a Minkan child, such as when do various abilities develop etc.

I would only make one tiny edit: Instead of saying this is the newest in the line of "Nekovalkyrja" on the intro page to the body model, change it to "Ningyo Heiki" — NH-series.

Otherwise, I personally like it. It offers an upgrade to the non-Nekovalkyrja peoples of Yamatai without diluting the uniqueness of the Nekovalkyrja as a separate ethnicity/race.

I made the link to the Neko page Ningyo Heiki (NH-Series) per your suggestion.

I'm really digging how thorough this submission is, especially with the capabilities of the Minkan body. I sometimes question how capable my Yamataian is at things, at just how much they can do, but this gives all the answers here. The level of detail goes down to even the kind of teeth a person as has all the way up to levels of inertia control!

It's not exactly a critical quip, but there it is!

I have been following this as it's been written and I think Brian has done an amazing job and there's a lot of gaps in information about the original Yamataians that have been filled in in the new Minkan version.

I was worried Doshii would be the one to challenge it, but I see he likes it and so far everyone else I've talked to has also had nothing but positive things to say.

With that in mind, I hereby APPROVE this submission. We need to get started on updating the Yamataian CCG next.

NH-29's breed by Parthenogenesis, while a NH-29 can have sex with a male, he can not get her pregnant. If an NH-29 wanted a child by another species, they have to get with a medical facility.

I'm not sure if it is handled differently now or what. But a Yamataian or a 'Male' NH-29 could get a Female 29 pregnant from what I understand. Ahah.... because I had this incident come up once on the Sakura... and I think I should leave it at that. Unless this was changed. Since I think the 29 could opt to have her built in birthcontrol turned on or off.

From my understanding, it's not a birth control thing, but rather that nekos don't have the same "facilities" as a human woman. So... yeah. Sakura was before we really started detailing a lot of things, so it's possible it just hadn't come up at that point.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back