Star Army

Star ArmyⓇ is a landmark of forum roleplaying. Opened in 2002, Star Army is like an internet clubhouse for people who love roleplaying, art, and worldbuilding. Anyone 18 or older may join for free. New members are welcome! Use the "Register" button below.

Note: This is a play-by-post RPG site. If you're looking for the tabletop miniatures wargame "5150: Star Army" instead, see Two Hour Wargames.

• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 September 2024 is YE 46.7 in the RP.

[NMX] Pillager Light Cruiser

SSharp

Inactive Member
Submission Type: NMX Warship
Submission URL: Here.

Faction: NMX
FM Approved Yet? No

Contains Unapproved Sub-Articles? Yes -- It's easier to list the exceptions, so here they are: Model 31 Aether Plasma Drive, the YE Articles and the NMX article. All the compartments, sensor system, and weapons are unapproved.

Notes: This will be the first fleshed-out NMX ship. Wes did the DOGA art, and he did a stellar job IMO. It is destined to be used in the first NMX Plotship (you heard it here, folks!) and all its compartments and weapons definitely begin to flesh out the NMX. Hope you enjoy it -- I enjoyed making it.

Also, I'm waiting on information from Kai on how he did his Deck Layouts; otherwise I'll be doing them myself via MS Paint and I'm not sure about the quality of such a thing.

Edit: Also, Wes held my hand throughout much of it. You would have seen hair-hammocks and odd thingamajigs otherwise. Thank him for his patience when you see him.

Curiosity question, the size puts it right between class 2 and 3, the SP you have would indicate that you are going with class 3, but your shield is only threshold 2? Why

The Hull construction/armor is not listed.

Computer is not listed

What Emergency Systems does the ship have?

NMX Corridors - Description is contrary to other NMX installations that have been encountered ICly which did have the traditional slime with things moving in it.

Also you only mention corridors, what about vertical passages.

You do not list what kind of shields and FTL the ship has either.

I wrote the corridors page, actually. Where have NMX ships been shown with the SMX style slime?

Mission 9.1 Tip Of The Spear (Battle of Sbuhfaba) said:
The first thing Sune noticed was the fog. The station's interior was filled with it and dripping with slimy mucus and crawling with Mishhuvurthyar insects. A skeleton, frozen in a silent scream, was stuck to the ceiling above the door. Ahead, the walls looked like wart-ridden elephant skin under a thick layer of snot, while the floors were sporadically covered with barnacle-like objects on either side of a wide walkway barely visible through the mist. Rumbles, groaning metal, and muffled screams could be heard from further inside the station.

The workers proceeded deeper into this hellish place without pause, vanishing through a sphincter-like portal on the passageway's wall, leaving Sune all alone.

On board the NMX Light Shipyard that you created and this thread was enacted before you created this page, and you were using the original Mishhu features.

The particular shipyard in question was built by the SMX in the First Mishhuvurthyar War.

Nashoba said:
Curiosity question, the size puts it right between class 2 and 3, the SP you have would indicate that you are going with class 3, but your shield is only threshold 2? Why

The Hull construction/armor is not listed.

Computer is not listed

What Emergency Systems does the ship have?

NMX Corridors - Description is contrary to other NMX installations that have been encountered ICly which did have the traditional slime with things moving in it.

Also you only mention corridors, what about vertical passages.

You do not list what kind of shields and FTL the ship has either.

I'll answer them in order.

1.) It was a suggestion that Wes mentioned and I went with. This ship is a "Light" Cruiser, and it's supposed to be less armored than a regular cruiser because it was designed to avoid damage through speed and camouflage. My choices were make it a Destroyer (20 SP), give it Plumeria SP with weaker shields, or make it a cruiser (30 SP) and take Cruiser speeds. It would have had too big or too small for what it was meant to be otherwise.

2.) Purposefully done. Can't say much more than that... I wouldn't know what to write up for NMX Hull Armor, and if I remember correctly Wes agreed with me at the time.

3.) The assumption is, is that it's there. If it's such a large problem I can write up an AI or just a "dumb" software for the computer system.

4.) None, other than the nest in the bridge. Lifesupport does have a backup, though. I'll list it.

5.) Wes and I had a lengthy discussion on NMX vs SMX styles, actually. I won out for this different style that I felt would make more sense with Neko running around everywhere. There are still Mishhu corridors... Just not on the ship outside of the cabins, which are mentioned.

6.) Elevators. I have them on the deck plans. I figured a simple thing like that didn't need an article but I can write one if necessary.

7.) I find myself in the pickle that FTL and Shields for other Mishhu ships aren't listed. But that's kind of a cop-out given the context of "This ship was meant to flesh them out more."

---

Changes I think I should make:
  • 1. Hull?
    2. AI/Computer System
    3. List the Backup Lifesupport
    4. More description on the Elevators/Make an article

I'll make #3 and 4 happen. I'd like to hear back from you on the first two and the others I left out.

This will be the first fleshed-out NMX ship.

It is either fleshed out or its sketchy. Besides, the hull/armor has a direct relationship to the SP of the ship and the speed.

As for the size, so its splitting the two classes, extra SP because its a low end class 3 but class 2 shielding.

As for the computer it is a required part of a fleshed out ship. Though it does not need an entire page. An entry on the page stating it has a Mishhu Organic Computer which is already cannon and would suffice and it should be on the blueprints if its not already.

On that note, the text on many of the blueprints is too small to read easily.

So you are saying this ship has no blast shutters to prevent explosive decompression from emptying the entire ship, no fire fighting systems, damage control features....

Wes, as far as the old description of corridors on that NMX structure being because it was an SMX design. In the words of Sherman T Potter "Horse hockey". :) A simpler solution is to just add some wordage to the effect that with the introduction of NMX Neko's the NMX changed their corridor design.

As for the elevators the simplest thing would be to add that to the Corridors, but there should be other ways of moving vertically on the ship besides elevators.

The NMX and SMX have access to most of the same technology as KFY. And since Wes doesn't like people making new FTL systems, just add an entry that says things like:

The ship is equipped with a Mishhu designed Hyperspace fold drive.

Same with the Shields, but you should have a reference to them in the systems.

Again, the Sbuhfaba shipyard was built before the NMX existed so it would have had SMX-style corridors and is not relevant to the NMX corridors. A key difference is that NMX forces have nekos wear clothes, which don't go well with slime; therefore they use clean passageways. Also, SMX ships are much more organic than NMX ones. NMX ships are spartan like the inteiror of real-life Navy ships.

Which is pretty much what I suggested to avoid confusion
A simpler solution is to just add some wordage to the effect that with the introduction of NMX Neko's the NMX changed their corridor design.

You're right Nashoba. I'm trying to get away with too much given what I said in the OP. I'll make some more articles, and I'll add in some details to the ship. Thank you for pressuring for more.

If my plans remain open, I should be done with said additions in a couple of hours, but I'll post here/bug you on the IRC when they're finished.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back