Star Army

Star ArmyⓇ is a landmark of forum roleplaying. Opened in 2002, Star Army is like an internet clubhouse for people who love roleplaying, art, and worldbuilding. Anyone 18 or older may join for free. New members are welcome! Use the "Register" button below.

Note: This is a play-by-post RPG site. If you're looking for the tabletop miniatures wargame "5150: Star Army" instead, see Two Hour Wargames.

• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 July 2024 is YE 46.5 in the RP.

Nepleslian News Network [NNN-Imperium Speech] Humanitarian Outreach

The Nepleslian News Network displayed a large podium bearing the seal of the Democratic Imperium of Nepleslia. Sky Marshall Robert Davis stood in his military suit, ready to deliver his speech across the galaxy.

“Nepleslia has been paying attention to recent developments in the galaxy, and it is her duty to respond in a way that upholds her founding principles. Nepleslia has and will forever continue to be the home of freedom. Those who wish to live in peace will forever be welcome to our nation.

It is through this belief that I, and the senate, choose to address the situation on Halna. We do not care to point fingers or place blame for what has happened, for to do so would only unjustly detract attention from those who deserve it most.

The incident on Halna has created a great ripple in the ocean of space. This ripple carries the broken lives of displaced citizens—their hopes… and their dreams. To let this ripple drift endlessly into oblivion would fly in the face of what it means to be a Democratic Imperium. Those who choose a peaceful way of living should not have to bear the scars of battle.”

The Sky Marshall extended his open hands, towards his audience on the galactic stage.

“So give Nepleslia your broken and battered forms… let her give you peace of mind and strength of body. Understand that you have a home to come to and a nation that welcomes you. We will give you employment… a future for you and your families.”

His hands lowered back to the podium, and his expression became harder.

“I hate to attach caveats to a humanitarian outreach, but it must be done. Know this before you decide your future. Coming to our nation implies a degree of the highest trust in her people and government. As we offer you freedom from misery, we must demand responsibility from refugees. Nepleslia does not harbor terrorists. Your beliefs are safe on our soil, but be aware that actions that threaten the tenuous relationships of this galaxy will be reacted with swift, appropriate measure.”

He paused a moment before softening his expression.

“I hope that one day, we can live in a universe where such caveats are unnecessary. Thank you for your time.”

RPG-D RPGfix
Back