Star Army

Star ArmyⓇ is a landmark of forum roleplaying. Opened in 2002, Star Army is like an internet clubhouse for people who love roleplaying, art, and worldbuilding. Anyone 18 or older may join for free. New members are welcome! Use the "Register" button below.

Note: This is a play-by-post RPG site. If you're looking for the tabletop miniatures wargame "5150: Star Army" instead, see Two Hour Wargames.

• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 July 2024 is YE 46.5 in the RP.

Nepleslian News Network [NNN] Preparations for War

All stations suddenly cut to an image of a man seated at the end of a tapered, mahogany table. Small orbs of light drew a path down the reddish brown desk to where Robert Davis, Sky Marshall of Nepleslia, sat. He was in military dress, the plain green outfit marked with the gold and black trim of his rank pin. Behind him, two large green banners displayed the symbol of the Democratic Imperium of Nepleslia.

Davis clasped his gloved hands on the table. His slightly furrowed brow and soft brown eyes looked into the camera in a moment of silence before he spoke.

"My fellow Nepleslians, it is with great sadness and anger that I speak to you today. Our nation has been attacked by the Mishhuvurthyar.

"They struck by surprise with a cowardice fitting of their yellow flags. Without warning, without reason for provocation, they brought the weight of their armies upon our southern expanses. Now they stand at the gates of Rok'veru, poised and ready to strike at the very core of our nation."

His fingers tightened, his leather gloves groaning in protest against his vice-like grip.

"This unwarranted act of war goes against all that the Democratic Imperium of Nepleslia has striven for with her policies of non-aggression and mutual freedom. But the Mishhuvurthyar have miscalculated. In the blindness wrought by their gluttonous ambitions, they have mistaken our policy of peaceable coexistence for a sign of weakness."

The glare of Davis's brown eyes pierced through the reflection of the camera's lens.

"The Mishhuvurthyar wish to shatter our resolve, to make us capitulate before their might. But they underestimate us. They underestimate our burning anger and unquenchable thirst for justice. They should have learned during the battle of Nepleslia years ago that we defend our home, our way of life, with a zeal that shakes the very heavens. And it is our wrath that awaits them should they dare come."

"For our enemy will not cease until the entire galaxy is under its heel, and it is with this heavy truth in mind that I ask all citizens of our Imperium to prepare themselves, to be ready to greet our enemies with the warm sting of steel, energy and plasma... to defend freedom, that most sacred of values that defines the very essence of what it means to be a citizen of our cherished Imperium."

There was another pause as Davis's hands loosened and his expression softened.

"I swear, on my honor as a Nepleslian, that your government will always protect you and that we do everything, everything in our power to preserve our way of life. Thank you, good night and long live the Imperium."

Cameras fade slowly to the Imperium's flag waving against a blue sky before channels everywhere return to regularly scheduled programming. A ticker symbol scrawls along the bottom, providing help numbers and information lines.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back