Star Army

Star ArmyⓇ is a landmark of forum roleplaying. Opened in 2002, Star Army is like an internet clubhouse for people who love roleplaying, art, and worldbuilding. Anyone 18 or older may join for free. New members are welcome! Use the "Register" button below.

Note: This is a play-by-post RPG site. If you're looking for the tabletop miniatures wargame "5150: Star Army" instead, see Two Hour Wargames.

• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 July 2024 is YE 46.5 in the RP.

Approved Character Noelani (Azorean)

I replied to a PM about this, but I guess I'll post it as well.

Nice to meet you, and welcome to SARP! ^_^ I'm glad to hear that at least someone has been reading the wiki, haha! You're very lucky.. I just got back from a couple month break from SA. Anywho... onto your character...

1. Female Azorean names usually start with an 'A', and Males with 'R'. I like how you translated it, though. How did you do that? Was it just random? I can't think up random names very easily. ^^;;
2. Unfortunately, Durandium isn't allowed for Azoreans anymore. =( Wes and SUBLIMEinal had problems with it, so I took it out at their request. Titanium or coral could replace it, though.
3. Spelling Error: Nemiss = Nimiss
4. If memory serves, you need 7 skills for a character, and I don't think Quick Learner is a skill. Universal Skill List
Overall: Very good character. ^_^ Just need to work a few kinks out, but then it is ready for submission. Good job!

Unrelated:

I'd like to point out that Noelani means "Heavenly Mist" in Hawaiian, and was the name of my elementary school. Is this new player an islander, and did you go to said school?

Koenig808 said:
Unrelated:

I'd like to point out that Noelani means "Heavenly Mist" in Hawaiian, and was the name of my elementary school. Is this new player an islander, and did you go to said school?
Actually no, I'm just using a combination of hawaiian naming with some surfer slang in the future RP for style points. :)

Skills section has been fixed and fleshed out a bit more in all 7 sections. I didn't know there was a formal list so just winged it before. Looks like I didn't read everything on the wiki, hehe.

On the subject of the wiki I would point out like I did to Fay in PM about the name specifically needing an A, the Azorean culture subsection that specifically states "Females usually have names that begin with either 'A' or 'N'. " But if there's still a problem I can easily change it up to something like Aolani, which Koenig may know means "Heavenly Cloud".

In case you were curious, the name of her windsail Iolana means "to soar". Yeah, I've got a million of these! :lol:

Hm... yes, there was an error in the CCG, which is what I was looking at while hurriedly reviewing this character. The problem has been fixed.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back