• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 May and June 2024 are YE 46.4 in the RP.

[NPC Species] Horrogan

I'm happy that the scary, long-necked people that I thought Ame was going to use for Kaiyo nightmare fuel is actually just a race of beaten down, herded and tagged sentient cattle!

What an interesting concept though .. kind of reminds me of Elysian chicken.

What else are you going to think up next? :p

Males, females, reproduction.

So they speak telepathically to each other? Is there a language for this? Or just full sharing of thoughts/feelings/sensations? You say they can speak physically, do they have their own vocal language, or did they just learn to speak what the Ligveru speak? I'm assuming they can only speak telepathically to each other and not the other three species? Could their telepathy interface with Neko? (I see the bit about language at the bottom now, but maybe you can expand on those other bits too.)

Now that I think about it, how long have the Ligveru been on their planet? Maybe I missed where this was mentioned. Generations, centuries?

Did they have other names for each other before the occupation? Or did they not need them with telepathy? Do they secretly use these names perhaps?

"The culture of the past was one of TBA"

Added reproduction and that females have different rump coloring than males.

Added that they can communicate telepathically with anyone whose mind functions on electrical impulses and that their mind speaking is more like communicating thoughts in the language that the receiver can understand. If they're speaking to a Neko, the Neko would hear Yamataigo, for instance. Specifically, they speak in the first language the receiver learned, which requires a bit of work for the GM to know the PC's of their plot.

Ligveru have been on the planet for centuries. I'll make sure to add that to Ligveru page.

I gave them secret names.

[EDIT] Added their past culture.

Last edited:
Added that they can communicate telepathically with anyone whose mind functions on electrical impulses and that their mind speaking is more like communicating thoughts in the language that the receiver can understand. If they're speaking to a Neko, the Neko would hear Yamataigo, for instance. Specifically, they speak in the first language the receiver learned, which requires a bit of work for the GM to know the PC's of their plot.

This would be hilariously difficult. Through thoughts in the first language of the listener.

Because you did not put any restrictions on this, I'm going to use my Vekimen as an example. How would this creature be able to just automatically know Vekimen? Even if it rifled through the Vekimens brain for how to speak Vekimen, there would be very complex grammatical rules that it would have to learn or else it would just be speak gibberish. Even the SAoY Trade/Yamataigo to Vekimen Translator has been noted to make the speaker sound mentally disabled to a Vekimen. Even Skade couldn't get it down. That was with a Vekimen helping write the whole thing.

So taking this into account, would it not be better if the race just communicated through complex thought strings and such? Make things cryptic. Make it part of the deal of the race. "Every time one of these things talk to you, you have to decipher a puzzle". it could lead to some interesting misscommunications. Them just knowing how to speak the first language of another race though, regardless of the language or how often they have heard it? That's... A stretch.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back