Star Army

Star ArmyⓇ is a landmark of forum roleplaying. Opened in 2002, Star Army is like an internet clubhouse for people who love roleplaying, art, and worldbuilding. Anyone 18 or older may join for free. New members are welcome! Use the "Register" button below.

Note: This is a play-by-post RPG site. If you're looking for the tabletop miniatures wargame "5150: Star Army" instead, see Two Hour Wargames.

• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 July 2024 is YE 46.5 in the RP.

[NPR] Police raid store in downtown Kyoto

Doshii Jun:

The bartender of a tavern in Ralt reached over to turn on a small subspace radio. No image is carried with the transmission. It is 14:00 in Ralt; it's only 10:00 in Kyoto, where the transmission supposedly comes from. He is greeted by the voice of a serious woman.

"From NPR News in Kyoto, I'm Jill Snyder.

"Kyoto Municipal Police conducted raids today on five restaurants located near the Military Zone's edge looking for illegal narcotics from Nepleslia. James Windom of member station KQEU has the story."

The voice changes to the light barritone of a man.

"Nekovalkyrja police dressed in combat gear flooded the Kiss of Life restaurant in downtown Kyoto at about 06:00 today, pushing people out of the way as they got to the back and the private rooms and filling some with gas grenades. They were searching for the illegal drug 'Kaserine,' a body-altering drug with dangerous side-effects when used with certain stimulants. The raid was one of five that happened in the middle of the morning.

"Kyoto Police Chief Asahiko Murakami said the recent decision by the Prefectural Board of Supervisors to ban the drug from the Civilian Zone prompted the raids."

The voice changes to a Nekovalkyrja speaking Japanese.

"We've known for months what the drug can do. When paired with other drugs, it can turn the most mild-mannered person into a sex-craized lunatic. The dens we found were just the tip of the iceberg; KMP encourages anyone who knows of a user of the drug to report it."

The barritone returns.

"The most common form of Kaserinere shapes the body into the sex opposite of the user. Produced in a wide variety of forms by various manufacturers, Murakami says the drug is cheap and easy to obtain on the street.

"Kiss of Life owner Jerry Caldwell, who was cited for misdemeanor aiding and abetting in a unsafe activity, said he keeps stimulants out of his restaurant, but allows Kaserine. He said it's a victimless drug.

"KMP officials said more raids are planned in the coming weeks. Other municipal police agencies said the drug is much less common in their juristictions. Murakami said the drug is considered 'designer,' especially more pure forms smuggled in from Nepleslia.

For NPR News, in the capital, I'm James Windom."

The woman's voice returns.

"And I'm Jill Snyder, NPR News, in Kyoto."

RPG-D RPGfix
Back