Star Army

Star ArmyⓇ is a landmark of forum roleplaying. Opened in 2002, Star Army is like an internet clubhouse for people who love roleplaying, art, and worldbuilding. Anyone 18 or older may join for free. New members are welcome! Use the "Register" button below.

Note: This is a play-by-post RPG site. If you're looking for the tabletop miniatures wargame "5150: Star Army" instead, see Two Hour Wargames.

• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 September 2024 is YE 46.7 in the RP.

OOC NSS Altomir Engagement Reports

MoonMan

Inactive Member
Refer to the NSS Altomir wikipage for links to equipment pages.

------

This page for for a new system that I will be, for the moment, testing out for the NSS Altomir;

The Engagement Report System.

Basically, an Engagement Report is list of important numbers that occur in each mission's major combat scenarios. Specifically, enemies engages and defeated, damage sustained by player characters during the engagement, and the equipment held at the end of each engagement. This system will be tried out in the NSS Altomir to better facilitate not only myself as a GM, but for players to also get a better sense of their situation, as many missions will happen in consecutive order, with damages and amounts of equipment/ammunition carrying over.

Enemies defeated is self-explanatory; Engagement Reports will document the types of enemies and the number of enemies, as well as which character defeated them and what number. There might possibly be benefits to higher killing performance, but throwing caution to the wind to get a few confirmed kills also places characters in harms way.

Damage sustained is also pretty clear-cut; players will take inevitably hits during combat and Engagement reports will document the afflicted areas and describe possible problems that characters will carry with them. Keep in mind that damage can be repaired, mechanical damage by combat engineers with some luck and more dangerous physical bodily harm patched up by combat medics. Players with these skills should utilize them to the best of their ability to give the squad a better chance of success.

Putting actual hard number value on guns and ammunition is a new thing for Neplselia; my goal for this system is to provide a varying number of situations and circumstances to player characters during each mission. Limiting ammunition means it's possible to run out of means of defending and attacking, meaning that characters should think about their plans of attack in terms of the situation around them. This also means that salvaging can possibly be critical to the success of the mission.

Something that should be noted in terms of attacks via weapons: any action made that uses the weapon's ammunition will count, unless it has some extenuating circumstance. An "attack" means an action against an opponent, a simple volley, an entire magazine will all detract from your ammo. SINGLE SHOTS will fall under a gray area that I will pass judgement upon review. I'm not against single shots for the sake of utility without using an 'attack', but there will be no abuse of single shots; after all, using single shots against the enemies your boys and girls will be going up against, armor and shields and whatnot, isn't usually recommended.

How attacks are kept track of will either by made by myself upon describing damage to attacked units, or players may feel free to take off numbers themselves. It will be as simple as a number in parenthesis.

Jon-Jon Rocketass shoots his bullet-gun (4) at the big scary monster.

The 4 in parenthesis is the number of attacks he has remaining after the attack.

---

If you see discrepancies or errors in these reports, or simply have questions about why certain things are listed as they are, please PM me so that I can either explain why its that way, or make corrections. Do not post it in here; I want to keep the information on this sticky page strictly for Engagement Reports. If you're just super shy of PMing me, ask in the OOC thread and I'll be happy to answer there as well.

I will be testing out this new system for the remainder of Mission 1 to see if it works as intended. If it doesn't, then we'll simply move into Mission 2 without using it and go about the remainder of the plot in the old style. If it works in our favor, I will continue to use it and possibly build upon it for better use in future missions. So, fingers crossed folks!

Mission 1.1 - Gathering the Bearings

Combat starts on Page 7 / ends on Page 13

Area: Liganda Subway Station, City: Bal'Sharok, Planet: Rok'Veru

Enemies Defeated -
Seven (7) NMX Scout Nekovalkyrja soldiers

• * 1 Killed via crushing kick - Devlin Marsh
    * 1 Killed via LSP - Thomas Mort
    * 2 Killed via LSP - Yuriko Towa
    * 2 Killed via LPA - Bernhard Greer
    * 1 Killed via NMX Impaler Rifle - Saveli Borzakov

Two (2) NMX Mindy Powered Armors

• * 1 Killed via VCBS - Krystian Czarnecki
    * 1 Killed via blunt trauma - Flint Vanderhuge
Damages/Casualties Sustained -

• Borzakov, Saveli -
    * Right Leg Damage, knee and below nonfunctioning, calf thruster malfunctioning (noncritical)
    Czarnecki, Krystian -
    * No damage sustained
    De Luca, Violetta -
    * No damage sustained
    Greer, Bernhard -
    * Chestplate Damage, graze (no structural damage)
    * Shoulder Damage, Shoulder Monoeye destroyed (2 remaining monoeyes)
    * Damage to the back near the lower fission-fusion generator (noncritical)
    * Damage to the rear thrusters (forward thrust occasionally askews flight path)
    Marsh, Devlin -
    * Chestplate Damage, slight armor searing/melting, slight structural damage
    Mayhew, Alexandra -
    * Slight abrasion around armored collar (noncritical)
    Mort, Thomas -
    * No damage sustained
    Towa, Yuriko -
    * No damage sustained
    Vanderhuge, Flint -
    * Impaler wounds to right bicep and shoulder (noncritical)

Equipment/Ordinance Remaining -

• Borzakov, Saveli -
    * (1) VCBS
    * (1) LSP (2 attacks remaining)
    * (1) (Salvaged) NMX Impaler Rifle (?? attacks remaining)
    Czarnecki, Krystian -
    * (1) VCBS
    * (1) LSP (4 attacks remaining)
    De Luca, Violetta -
    * Officer Uniform, simple combat vest (vulnerable)
    * (1) Standard Issue .45 (3 attacks remaining)
    * (1) (Salvaged) NXM Impaler Rifle (?? attacks remaining)
    Greer, Bernhard -
    * (1) VCBS
    * (1) 15 ARROWs (~1 attack salvo)
    * (1) AS4GS (6 attacks remaining: 3 slug, 3 spread)
    * (1) HPAR (2 attacks remaining)
    Marsh, Devlin -
    * (1) VCBS
    * (1) (Salvaged) NMX Impaler Rifle (damaged beyond repair)
    Mayhew, Alexandra -
    * (1) VCBS
    * (1) HPAR (3 attacks remaining)
    Mort, Thomas -
    * (1) VCBS
    * (1) (Salvaged) NMX Impaler Rifle (0 attacks remaining)
    Towa, Yuriko -
    * (1) VCBS
    * (1) LSP (1 attacks remaining)
    * (1) HPAR (3 attacks remaining)
    Vanderhuge, Flint -
    * Custom-made combat armor (very resiliant)
    * (1) Combat Knife
    * (1) Flint's Pistol (10 attacks remaining)

Additional Notes:

Marines who arrived in the plot from the 1st Response angle have in their possession one (1) Nepleslian Military Ration.

The type of ration each soldier has is decided via the Random Nepleslian Military Ration Generator. Cross your fingers for some Salisbury steak!

RPG-D RPGfix
Back