Star Army

Star ArmyⓇ is a landmark of forum roleplaying. Opened in 2002, Star Army is like an internet clubhouse for people who love roleplaying, art, and worldbuilding. Anyone 18 or older may join for free. New members are welcome! Use the "Register" button below.

Note: This is a play-by-post RPG site. If you're looking for the tabletop miniatures wargame "5150: Star Army" instead, see Two Hour Wargames.

• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 July 2024 is YE 46.5 in the RP.

Approved Character (NSS Sledge Mama) Kassandra Hammerhand

I hope I haven't kept you waiting; looking it over, you have a well written history. I noticed however, the mention of the Jiyuuians - they didn't arrive there until after the collapse of their nation, the United Outer Colonies, in Year 33 if I recall correctly. That, and her height; judging by her weight, I'd say she's on the taller side. Maybe six feet or so? You're free to choose. besides that, there's also her inventory as well. You'll want some of the standard issue equipment at least.

With that said though, I need to tell you that my plot is full. Yes, I can cram you in, but what that'll mean is that I'll have a harder time posting and you might get lost in all the posts if everyone starts posting. Right now, some of the players are busy IRL, but it may not be that way all the time. I know that Sigma has started up another Nepleslian plot "Service to the Freestate". Besides using power armor during boarding actions against pirates, outlaws and so forth, that plot will also be seeing some plain body armor combat as well.

What would you like to do?

Thanks for the feed back Cadet! I have edited my history and corrected my height. As for the plot, shame it's full. I'd rather not burden you with more stuff than you can already handle. So I'll go with Sigma's SOF plot. But, I was wondering can we only RP in Plots? Or are there other more informal methods of RPing? Can I start my my own plot/thread?

Looking over your profile now that I've gotten some sleep, I realized a lot of the info wasn't showing and went in to fix some of the coding. Using two ' instead of " for height somehow threw it off. I also straightened out the list of family members the other night as well. To note, if you want her to be 5'1" like she was before on the profile, you just need to reduce the weight to match, that's all. Initially, I only saw the weight thanks to that oddity you see. Asides from that, I suggest you make a page for yourself; it's currently the red-link on top. You don't really need to put much of anything in there though, but having a profile page on the wiki comes in handy for keeping track of your characters.

I also must comment that your artwork looks quite nice; how long did it take for you to do that?

Moving on to your questions though. Typically, RP takes place in plots on this site, but yes, there are more informal methods. You have the option to have an Open RP, which you can be the Game Master of if you'd like - typically though, they're considered soft-canon since people tend to be still learning the ropes there. Alternatively, you can try finding someone to do Joint Posts with; if you're not familiar, it's essentially using something like Titanpad or other so several people can write at once.

Also, keep in mind that it's not unusual to join more than one plot here at this site, so if you see any others that capture your interest, I suggest you go for them as well.

EDIT:

Tugs on @Sigma

Oh thanks Cadet! I was wondering what had spooked the wiki code to mess it like that. Thanks for the help. As for the art, it took me about 2 hours I think. I don't really know I don't clock my work time. It's actually a really rough colouring finish. I kinda held back on the hair and sleeves, just because I am lazy and those areas take too much to shade.

In terms of plots I shall keep to just one and obey site convention. I just have an over active plot and story driven imagination. I have RPed for a long time and have been in charge of giant site wide plots before. I have been a Dark Lord of the Sith, Dictator of an Imperial Power, a Rebellion Leader and a Dark Necromancer commanding a nation of necrodemons. You name it I have been in charge of it :). In my research about the Neps and their struggles I couldn't help be reminded of 40K and the Imperial Guard, with their desperate struggle against Chaos and Demons that pour out of the Evil Eye portal. It would be neat if we could get a grim dark desperate struggle kind of plot near Neps' space. Perhaps a remnant of SMX and Mishhuvurthyar besieges a Neps Expanse planet. Blargh anyways, just excited to get going.

The Expanse was not colonized until YE 30, 6 years ago IC.

The NSMC was founded until we became the DION (also YE 30). Formerly, we were the NSE and the military was the Star Army of Nepleslia (SAON). The SAON became the Star Military (SMDION), separating its ground and naval forces into the Space Marine Corps and the Star Navy.

Just tweak some of the dates, say that the family moved to Freemud, and change the father's service to the SAON.

But even that is not something which I will say prevents you from participating in the RP. Get in the RP thread and fix those points up when you have time.

The character was approved for usage, but some changes (which weren't anything major) were supposed to be made still. Just wanted to make sure that was done.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back