• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at stararmy@gmail.com or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy

NSVM Medical Kit

Kyle

Insane Story Writer Foxy
Inactive Member
This review is for: Neshaten Medical Kit

The submitted article is/has…
[X] A very high level of overall quality
[X] A general topic sentence under the title header
[ ] Artwork (illustrations are required for Starships, Vehicles, Hand weapons or Small Arms, Uniforms for military forces or large corporations and new alien species not from the race of the day CCG)
[X] Needed and/or useful to the setting
[N/A] In the proper format/template
[ ] Proofread for spelling and grammar
[X] Easy to read and understand (not a lengthy mass of technobabble)
[X] Wikified (terms that could be a link should be a link)
[X] No red and/or broken links
[X] Reasonably scientifically plausible
[X] Reasonably neutral point of view

The submitted article is/does not…
[ ] Overpowered (or cutting tech for a faction with little or no roleplay)
[ ] Obtusely redundant
[ ] Contain copy pasta descriptions of systems or interior compartments
[ ] Unauthorized by faction managers or player-controlled corporation
[ ] Contain references to IC events that have not occurred (SM must authorize retcons)
[ ] Use second-person language (“you” or “your”) unless it is an instructional guide aimed at players.
[ ] Use bombastic language (“virtually immune,” “nearly indestructible,” “insanely powerful,” “horrible effects”)
[ ] Use an unbalanced header/text ratio (many headers but sections are one-liners)
[ ] Use major unapproved sub-articles that should be submitted separately
[ ] Lacking Detail
[ ] Images hosted on sites other than stararmy.com (Photobucket, Imageshack, etc are not allowed)

The article has…
[N/A] Speeds in compliance with the Starship Speed Standard, if applicable
[N/A] Damage Capacity and Damage Ratings in compliance with the DR Guidelines, if applicable
[ ] The in-character year of creation/manufacture. (Should be current year. Future years not allowed).
[ ] The Standard Product Nomenclature System, if applicable.

Summary

A few typos are present - correct them. More detail for the nano-injector and scanner is needed. YE system of dating not used. Standard Product Nomenclature System not used. No artwork.

Notes

In the 'Curone' sub-article, change delude to dilute. Also, overdoes to overdose. For the Yuka'shane article, change snake to snack - also, blood rate to heart beat rate.

All these articles themselves are fine I believe, save for the Diagnostic Nanite Injector with Medical Scanner - it is lacking detail. There's little information about the nanites the device uses, as well as the scanner itself. Specifically, I want to see what the nanites are capable of and what they do, as well as what the scanner can do.

Of note, the article does not include the YE system of dating alongside the ER system. I'd like the YE dating system included alongside the ER dating system to dispel any confusion and make things easier for the players.

Additionally, it does not use the Standard Product Nomenclature System, but that is optional. There's also the fact that the kit itself has no art while its constituent parts does, but again, I believe that is optional.

I intend to finish this review by: 2/5/2012

Made the requested fixes, also added more details to the medical scanner.

These nanites are basically probe/scan only then.

Other than a few ignorable grammar errors a single typo that has arisen within the new additions, there's nothing else awry.

- "this button can also be removed the replace the nanite canisters"

I note that several of the longer sentences can be safely broken into individual sentences as well at the comma points and suggest using a few more semi-colons here and there. Both, however, are optional.

We'll standby until the stated date of 2/5/2012 for any objections, and fully approve the article should no opposition arise.

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…