• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at stararmy@gmail.com or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy

Null and Void

Strangelove

Inactive Member
Null and Void, a star system -- well, technically a black hole system. A pair of planets and a moon that orbits a black hole in place of a sun. This writeup has been idling for a while so I thought it's about time I submit it.

But before anyone says anything, yes, orbiting a black hole indefinitely is perfectly feasable. Black holes are not in fact the cosmic vacuum cleaners people commonly perceive them as. While it's true objects can be pulled down into it if they get too close -- the exact same thing can be said with suns, or large planets, or anything with a huge mass. In spite of how dangerous suns are to anything that wanders too close, planets can usually orbit them just fine. Similarly, a planet should have no problem orbiting a black hole so long as it stays outside a certain distance threshold.

If approved I'll try and pick out a location on the map for it.

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…