• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 May and June 2024 are YE 46.4 in the RP.

Approved Character Nurinishi Belgar

Jedizoid Megamaster

Inactive Member
Character Name: Nurinishi Belgar
Species: Geshrin
Heritage / Family: Father, Mother and Grandfather

Faction / Alliance: Star Army
Current Assignment: No assignment

Hair Colour / Hair Style: Orange / Always short and spiky
Eye Colour: Deep blood red eyes
Skin Colour: Flesh
Build: Average
Height: 6'
Weight: 164lbs
Distinguishing Features: An intertwining snakes tattoo on his left hand and a melting sun tattoo on his right breast.

Personality: A little shy, but generous, caring and understanding, as well as thoughtful and selfless. A little rough and edgy when in military action, however.
Likes: Relaxation on far-off planets without the disturbance of corruption and military commands, as well as factual reading and occasional music mixing.
Dislikes: Selfishness, thoughtlessness and any kind of discrimination.

Skills:

Communications: Nurinishi spends a lot of his free time writing notes on previous historical and factual events, for memorable reasons and tactical reasons.
Entertainment: Nurinishi holds "gatherings" for all the Star Army Military to listen to music and to relax between missions.
Humanities: Nurinishi is respected for his involvement with researching diplomacy, alignment and general tactics of other factions including enemy forces.
Knowledge: Nurinishi, having studied for years with his grandfather, is highly knowledgeable in the many battles and missions that factions have been involved in, sparking off his interest in the Star Army.
Magic: Having recently joined the Star Army, Nurinishi has attempted to learn the uses of drawing energy to add to his combat skills.
Starship Operations: Nurinishi, though primarily a tactical warrior, has began learning to navigate starships in training for the Star Army.
Survival and Military: Nurinishi is preparing navigation on land as well as on starships.

History: Nurinishi Belgar was born in a far-off world close to uncharted territory. Nurinishi, his parents, and his grandfather left for the inner worlds, so that Nurinishi could begin his training and sign up to the Star Army, and find the mystery behind his family heritage.

... Is it against the rules to make an enemy for the express point of creating an angsty, revenge seeker? I mean, some bounty hunter blowing up an ENTIRE PLANET?

That's what I was thinking. It's not against the rules to make an enemy, though I believe it useless, since you'll likely control the enemy anyway, and you'll likely be writing a story instead of RPing. However, it is sort of ridiculous to have this Geshrin guy live on some far-off planet which is destroyed by a bounty hunter.

Sometimes people use enemies to give their character direction, which is ok, but you'd have to tone that down. I don't know how you'd do it without killing someone like his parents (orphans are overdone, so I wouldn't suggest that). Maybe if he lived in a small town it'd be possible for a bounty hunter to destroy it, but I don't know why one would. The history is ok, it gives direction, so I just suggest changing the planet thing. I really liked him escaping with his family though. Good job with the rest.

Well, the easy way out to keep his revenge seeking and keeping him from not being an orphen, is to creat another family member who is killed by the bounty hunter, or have one of the parents killed by the bounty hunter.

But still, a single Bounty hunter with the ability to destroy a city, even in this day and age with all this tech, is a dangerous thing for one character to be going after.

I'm sorry. :(

I'm not 100% with the rules yet, but I can understand where you are all coming from, which is fine, so I have made my changes.

If something's a bit incorrect can you please let me know, so that I can become more knowledgeable about the Star Army.

Thanks

RPG-D RPGfix
Back