• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at stararmy@gmail.com or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy

Approved Submission Ocugus Array

Acewing13

Paradox Addict
Inactive Member
Submission Type: Sensor system
Submission URL: https://wiki.stararmy.com/doku.php?id=wip:ocugus_array

Faction: Theradactan
FM Approved Yet? Yes
Faction requires art? Picture included

For Reviewers:
Contains Unapproved Sub-Articles? Yes
Contains New art? Yes
Previously Submitted? No

Notes: The main use for this is to be how the space spiders figure out that they aren't alone in making FTL drives and they're doing it in ways they didn't know were possible.

This suggestion has been implemented. Votes are no longer accepted.
1) "The first interferometers were built on Atos and then on other celestial bodies, but the Ocugus Array is the fulfillment of that dream, with the Atargatis Array achieved first light in 945 PR, the Dagotha Array in 987 PR, and the Nyargmal Array just this year in 1024 PR."

This sentence needs to be corrected. I think it should be apparent why, but I'll explain. Either it needs to read, "while the Atargatis Array achieved..." or, "with the Atargatis Array achieving...."

2) From the above excerpt, first light of first flight?

3) "What were the prinpricks that dotted the night sky, only visible when they climbed to the top of the jungle canopy that made up their home."

This sentence should end in a question mark.

4) "The main instrument of the Ocugus Array, the GWD thus takes up a majority of the space."

Thus does not fit here. Maybe say, "As it is the main instrument of the Ocugus Array, the GWD takes up a majority of the space (Of what? Ambiguous. Space space or the space of the Ocugus Array?)."

5) "...the aftereffects of hyperspace..."

After effects is not one word.

Looks good!

Reactions: raz
Thanks for the grammar and sentence structure suggestions. For future reference, first light (as is explained in the wikipedia link) is the first use of the telescope, which makes sense since this is a sensor system.

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…