• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at stararmy@gmail.com or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy

OOC [OOC] Cirrus Station Discussion

Re: Cirrus Station OOC Thread

Triple post, because I STILL CAN!

Well, things are starting to wind down in Episode One. Welcome to Cloud Nine has, as far as I can tell, served its purpose of introducing your characters to the setting, as well as explaining some of your resources and your objectives.

While I will leave the thread open a bit so that people can resolve certain things, I encourage all of you to find comfortable spots to cut and move straight into Episode Two: Little Problems.

Terrific job so far guys. Lots a' laffs. Let's keep up that pace. : D

Now, it's likely because it's my character, but it seems to me that Cyril's last line provides us with a good segue to beginning the next session with a bunch of hungover marines...

No. Oh shit no, he didn't just threaten his commanding officer, did he? That wasn't just insubordination, that was borderline treason.

XD Actually Lorcan was aiming to get the Sgt.'s attention. He's too loyal to go rebellious on the Sgt. [unless Mr. Sgt ends up like Montreal]

Eeeexcept... he threw a knife in the vicinity of Lucius' head.

lorcan said:
He took one by the tip between thumb and forefinger and threw it.

It hit the wall to the left of the Sgt.’s bed and Lorcan cleared his throat.

Uh ohhhh. Someone is in trouuuuuble.

I hope we aren't going to be shoving someone in an airlock soon. As an aside, who do you think will need more people to keep back from the other's throat?

I hope not too, but it's not entirely up to me at this point.

Serra could probably hold one of them back, she's stronger then she looks.

Cora said:
Serra could probably hold one of them back, she's stronger then she looks.

That's up to her if she decides to hold one or the other.

Also, you guys think Lucius is going overboard or being a total ass?

I think Lucius is being overly dramatic in his Emotude.

Emotude? Explain please. :3

In my eyes, Lucius has just been threatened (knife pointing) and nearly physically assaulted. (knife throw)

After all, in the military, especially in this super-military setting, such an act would be treason or insubordination and attempt to strike a superior officer at the least.

The soldier in question would be court-marshaled and put in jail for a VERY long time.

As I see it, on one hand, he is being a bit (but only a bit) of an ass. On the other, he's a marine sergeant, so he doesn't know any better. On the gripping hand, Lorcan is kinda asking for it too.

All in all, I'd say he's not out of line.

I know in Yamatai, the typical response would be for the officer to shoot the insubordinate dude in the head.

I'm confused. Didn't Lorcan walk off afterwards? If so, how is Lucius reacting to him being in the room? Just wondering what the rules and/or boundaries are.

As for my perspectve, I do think Lucius is a bit intense. I guess I figured this Nepleslian military setting a bit like Starship Troopers means Vietnam. There is a hierarchy for sure....but when business is not being done....thing are pretty loose. But I'm the new guy...so I could be wrong.

TBonDc said:
I'm confused. Didn't Lorcan walk off afterwards? If so, how is Lucius reacting to him being in the room? Just wondering what the rules and/or boundaries are.

Lorcan walked off, but he should still be in the room, cause Lucius gave chase immediately before he could get anywhere.

Also, from Lucius' view, he has to get these marines in line now or he's going to get a lot of grief from Cassefin when they start acting poorly and possibly damaging the bosses' stuff.

After all, the blame always lies on the commanding officer.

But yeah, Lucius might be a little over the top right now since nothing is happening. But he was just woken up to people talking about breaking rules and machines, and a knife.

And yes, I am trying to emulate just a little bit of Gunnery Sergeant Hartman in Lucius. :3 (Full Metal Jacket)

Wes said:
I know in Yamatai, the typical response would be for the officer to shoot the insubordinate dude in the head.
Put him to the Emperor's mercy?

To paraphrase the estimable and very respected Commissar Cain, uniting the troops because they all fear you and hate your guts is not conductive to a lengthy career.

Kevyn said:
To paraphrase the estimable and very respected Commissar Cain, uniting the troops because they all fear you and hate your guts is not conductive to a lengthy career.

Well, I wouldn't think of Lucius' actions quite like that. I would think more like, he doesn't want to let this kid off the hook since other might see it as weakness on his part or may not seriously respect Lucius as a commanding officer.

Sera said:
Ack! Sorry Davis, I got the names wrong. ^_^;

Haha, no harm no foul.

Just when Moon wanted to make a new episode, we start new drama!

YAY for keeping episode 1 alive! =D

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…