• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 May and June 2024 are YE 46.4 in the RP.

OOC [OOC] Pirates Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rine

Inactive Member
Alright, well since all the posts seem to have dissapeared from the board excepting my setup posts, and I'm now apparently the pirate GM, lets try to get this thread restarted. I apologize to anyone who had rp in what was lost/deleted, but you are more than welcome to try and join up again.

My plan is to pick up Jelan's pirate crew where I left it off, which was still looking for crew. If you are interested in crewing for the ship, please respond to this post with your character name and what position he/she/it would best fit, as well as where your character is located so we can work out getting them to Halna if they are not already there.

Yeah, guess I forgot to mention since I was GOING to re-start the pirate thread, I needed to do some house cleaning.

Well, since I'm not the Pirate GM anymore. I guess I'll be dropping out of the pirate RP now.

Oh by the way, for those who didn't get the implications, or if they were lost in the mass deletion, Jelan paid Mick to tag onto his slips that go between traders, advertising Halna, his name and that he was looking for a crew. So if you need a good reason to be on Halna, or if your character wouldn't normally join pirates, they could hop a ship going to Halna thinking to join up with a ship, not knowing they are pirates till they're stuck on Halna.

Again, contact me if your character didn't get to Halna in the previous rp (I'll assume if you did that you still did, no reason making you re-RP it), and we'll work out how you get to the moon.

After this long, I think you need to offer your potential players a premise for your plot and more support in joining that said plot. PM everyone whom seemed interested in playing in Cora's incarantion of the pirate plot and discuss how you can have them be included.

Don't just wait: initiative will bring you a long way.

Kotori: Oh, right, thanks, I'm an idiot.
Edit: Kotori, the problem with contacting anyone interested in Cora's version, is that Cora deleted all the posts that even had them, so I can't easily get a list, they have to get in contact with me before I even know they exist.

Premise: The plot that I'm trying to (re)start, will basically be around a single ship. The Captain is Jelan Durgon, a former Neplislian gang terrorist and self styled starship captain, and will mostly consist of inter-character interaction between raids on merchant vessels, and occasionally having a little space and inship combat during said raids. I plan to have quite a bit of action in JP's (Pirates need to eat after all), with frequent returns to Halna so the pirates can spend their well earned money on broads (or the male equivelant) and booze. Hopefully, fun will be had by all.

Positions still needed:
Power-Armor Pilots x3
Aerospace Fighter Pilot x1
Transport Pilot x1
Various on-ship functions
Raiding Party members

Pirate and Merc user group.
That has all the players who were apart of my doomed attempt.

Well, seeing as ken is currently busy on the Yggdrasil, and the pay overall is better...I might make a new character for this...

For everyone that lost posts when Cora deleted them all, if you want them recovered, please send me a PM with your character name so Wes can find them more easily. I will collect them and send them to Wes to aid in recovery. Do note however, I will assume that any posts concerning your character joining with the group Cora was GMing will have not occured, to help with continuity. Therefore, posts where your character arrives at Halna would be the best bet for recovery.

Wes is of the stance that IC events that happened have happened (there was such a discussion in the GMs' forum).

What you need is to provide an explanation as to why it wouldn't have had worked out.

Better offers? Pirates are known for their willingness to change sides - especially early on in the arrangement.

Random assassination?

Of course, killing off the previous plot would be easier if I knew where I could slide the bullet.

wes_of_stararmy: Isn't a way to still get what you want form your charater without wiping him and all those he met?
cora_meliamne: No, becuase of that thread, he's stuck with those dead/ignored characters.
wes_of_stararmy: It's as simple as having him walk out.
cora_meliamne: Since he just hired them...
wes_of_stararmy: Maybe he did it just to get all his potential competitors in one spot.
cora_meliamne: Atmost two of the characters owned shuttles. None of them are actual pirates. One's a pirate groupie for christsake.
wes_of_stararmy: Johnny: *shoots off with an escape pod as the destruct countdown starts* LATER!!
cora_meliamne: ...
wes_of_stararmy: Then we'll see who's active.
wes_of_stararmy: The non-active characters will become extinct ^^;
wes_of_stararmy: Plus, Johnny's free to restart.

Do that?

Wes shared the conversation we had with other people...

My, this makes me feel secure in my privacy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
RPG-D RPGfix
Back