Star Army

Star ArmyⓇ is a landmark of forum roleplaying. Opened in 2002, Star Army is like an internet clubhouse for people who love roleplaying, art, and worldbuilding. Anyone 18 or older may join for free. New members are welcome! Use the "Register" button below.

Note: This is a play-by-post RPG site. If you're looking for the tabletop miniatures wargame "5150: Star Army" instead, see Two Hour Wargames.

• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 September 2024 is YE 46.7 in the RP.

OOC Open RP Jobs

Wes

Founder & Admin
Staff Member
🌸 FM of Yamatai
🎖️ Game Master
Discord Booster
🎨 Media Gallery
This thread is here for people to post job offers for independent characters to use as plot fuel.

Making A Good Job

Job offers should include all the necessary information:
  1. Who needs the job done? You can briefly describe an NPC contact.
  2. What is the task?
  3. Where is the job offered? In the case of transportation, an origin and destination are vital.
  4. Why is the job needed?
  5. When is the job needed? How long will it last?
  6. OOC notes, if applicable. You can include a suggested plot twist in these.
Try to make jobs have some unique or interesting elements to them.

Referencing Jobs

When you post a job, give it a number, so that it can be referred to easily. When your character completes a job, post that you completed that job number in the thread so a moderator can strike that job from the list.

Jobs that start in Yamatai can have a Y in front of the number and so on, with N for Nepleslia, etc. For unclaimed planets use Z. Or you can use the planet's name like Rok'Veru-1.

Finding Inspiration

I already know I'm going to use this to get people to visit some of the less-used planets in SARP so those planets gain some history. So, one place I'm using is the list of star systems. Here's some other great places to find ideas for jobs:
  1. Donjon's Scifi Jobs generator. This thing is awesome. It's generic enough to easily be used with SARP.
  2. The above site also has a D20 Freight Job generator which is good for cargo runners.
If you have another source of inspiration, let me know!

Yamataian Jobs

I've consolidated Yamatai-related jobs on the wiki: Yamatai Jobs

Z-Sw-01 Swabbers Co.

Looking for adventure? Alien Women? Barely acceptable wages?

Swabbers Co. is looking for single, passably mobile individuals with no family ties to join our team of stellar hygiene technicians working across the star! Ability to speak Trade is a plus, but not required! No experience necessary!

Got skills and experience in advanced ship repair and maintenance? Join our hard-working teams of ship mechanics for the ride of your life.

Need even more excitement? Are you insane? Willing to take on dread pirates and the assorted scum and occasional lovecraftian horrors? Join our armed response teams with ER-SD. Anti-pirate devices provided, or bring your own.

Join the galaxies premier ship care corporation.

Just quote Z-Sw-01 here or on your preferred communications network and we'll get back to you whenever we can convince the temp office staff to come back.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back