Star Army

Star ArmyⓇ is a landmark of forum roleplaying. Opened in 2002, Star Army is like an internet clubhouse for people who love roleplaying, art, and worldbuilding. Anyone 18 or older may join for free. New members are welcome! Use the "Register" button below.

Note: This is a play-by-post RPG site. If you're looking for the tabletop miniatures wargame "5150: Star Army" instead, see Two Hour Wargames.

• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy

OOC Open RP Matchmaking

iaincarter

Some people call me Crazy...
🌟 Site Supporter
Discord Booster
After chatting with @Wes the other night about how the Open RP section has grown a little quiet recently, I got to thinking that it might help to have a matchmaking thread of sorts. So feel free to reply here with the flavours of Open RP that you would be interested in. This could be anything from 'Themed Holiday Events' to 'SAoY Mecha' to 'Kuvexian Pleasure Cruiser on Sood Zadra' to 'Anything with this character: (insert character here)'. If you have ideas, feel free to drop a paragraph outlining them. You never know who will be inspired to take it up and write something with you!

With any luck, there'll be a few people with similar desires and you can get something set up!

I am interested in:
  • Independent stuff (bounty hunters, cargo runners, pirates etc)
  • Themed Holiday Events (Halloween-themed horror, for example!)
  • Slice-of-life stuff (GIrl's night out, off-duty in the messhall, shore leave etc.)
  • Exploration (scout ship, surveying, lost-in-space scenario etc)
Ideas:
  • Halloween Event - On a base somewhere, a mishhu virus has turned the population (civilian and military alike) into monsters and now the survivors have to hold out for as long as they can with dwindling supplies
  • Kuvexian Pleasure Barge - Basically a floating pleasure palace on Sood Zadra
  • Sports league - Racing (land, air or space), Mech battles (solo, team, grand melees etc) Gravity Ball etc. Could play as racer/jockey/player, or support team, or sponsor etc. etc.

I am interested in
  • Any faction mischief (Mercernaries, pirates, science adventure, horror)
  • Exploration (any adventure into new or unknown territories/scenarios)
  • Holiday or Cultural Events (Cultural holidays whether its the first time or a reoccurence)
  • Horror and Chaos (things going ary, survival, general mishaps and misfortune)
  • Slice-of-life (family life, friendly outings, civilian jobs, off duty civilian/military)
If you have any ideas, I have mischief fuel! Feel free to reach out with ideas or take a peek at GingerGlitch on Star Army Space Roleplay if you want to see what characters I have currently to feed your inspiration. Always open to making one-off characters for Open RPs.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back